Yamaha Aerox 155cc Launch

freedomnow

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Then many parts would need to be stronger = more expensive.

Way more stress on the whole drivetrain, especially the belt. The engine would require more cooling. The bike would go faster, thus requiring a stiffer frame and better breaks. Probably many other things about which i didn't even think yet.

So even if somebody managed to flash the ecu do get this power / rpm out of it, various parts of the bike would probably start to fail soon

Yes i think your probably right. The reliability would take a hit doing this,if other parts were not strengthened due to cost, and probably why they held back.

51 minutes ago, Ks45672 said:

Is there any proof it leaves sludge in the tank? 

'Sludge" is probably the wrong description! it leaves residue which when it dries out is a pain to get rid off & causes all sorts of problems, been working for the past week to clean out a set off Keihlin carbs I left with ethanol based fuel inside ????  i should have drained them!....................... ????

On 2/17/2019 at 8:18 AM, benzina said:

Has anyone got a link to the Aerox 155 service workshop manual PDF? (Not owners manual)

Nope, I’ve searched on line and asked the yamaha dealer-s for it, got no positive feedback. Unlike the user manual/ service book you’d get overseas available in several languages,  here it’s only in Thai language unfortunately ????

Edited by Ramdas

1 hour ago, Ramdas said:

Nope, I’ve searched on line and asked the yamaha dealer-s for it, got no positive feedback. Unlike the user manual/ service book you’d get overseas available in several languages,  here it’s only in Thai language unfortunately ????

Thanks for that Ramdas. Just as you said, i can get the owners manual (and have in English) no problem, but the service manual PDF in English is proving difficult to find. I have only found the Thai version so far. 

Have to try and work out how to get it translated i guess. 

16 hours ago, benzina said:

Here attached is the Thai Aerox 155 service manual in Thai language.

Is there anyone here who is good on computers, able to get it translated in English and attached the revised pdf here?

2016 Aerox 155 copy.pdf 71.1 MB · 2 downloads

Thanks but as I said I’ve already spent/ wasted several hours of my time trying to find it in English and trying to translate it, in the end I gave up ! Unless, you might contact the Yamaha dealer in Malaysia or from someone who does speak english since Thailand is still pretty much insular to the rest of the world ????????‍♂️

17 hours ago, Ramdas said:

Thanks but as I said I’ve already spent/ wasted several hours of my time trying to find it in English and trying to translate it, in the end I gave up ! Unless, you might contact the Yamaha dealer in Malaysia or from someone who does speak english since Thailand is still pretty much insular to the rest of the world ????????‍♂️

Philippines dealers sell them and most speak fluent English, worth a try :

http://www.yamaha-motor.com.ph/product/mio-aerox155/mio-aerox155.html

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, benzina said:

I've already tried there flagship shop "YZONE", and they simply don't respond. 

Typical Asian attitude, no reply emails either messages, although I find the phillipino people more friendly and english proficient well better than any Thais anyways, have you tried calling them up ?

32 minutes ago, Ramdas said:

Typical Asian attitude, no reply emails either messages, although I find the phillipino people more friendly and english proficient well better than any Thais anyways, have you tried calling them up ?

No i haven't tried calling, but prefer email as i can articulate it better and they simply just have to read it, and answer.

I've also tried Yamaha Singapore, but again, no response. 

On a side note, I was surprised to see that Yamaha Singapore choose to get there supply of Aerox's from the Indonesian factory market, rather then the Malaysian Factory. I know they are independent, but gee, they must have a chip on there shoulder about Malaysia!  

Edited by benzina
  • Like 1

Please fellows share your experience about driving/ riding in this lawless reckless country, I would like to hear from you and how to deal with mayhem. I have near misses several times per day with my scooter. They’re all over the place unable to drive in a straight line for a few kms, you never know what they’re going to do next ! Oh Just to mentions the sleeping taxis driving without looking as everyone else and the motorbike taxis who own the roads, try to toot at them and see what happens !

This is a case of when in Rome? You have to ride pseudo lawless and reckless just like the locals do. Eventually you will start to know what they will do next because in their position you would do the same. 

Do you keep up with traffic or ride slower than traffic?

I re-learnt to ride 20 years ago in Indonesia so had some training before I got to Thailand. Now i'm back in Indo for a while I feel right at home.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, papa al said:

Audible turn signal/beepers and

a loud horn help some.

Because they’re all over the road this applies to everyone whether buses, trucks, other motorists, taxis, motorbike taxis ( they literally own the roads, the former ) You don’t know what they’re going to do next ! So you’re forced to swerve around trying avoid them, easer said then done..

Sometimes I do toot at them just to alert them since some are just asleep whilst riding /driving in the middle of the road, since they can’t drive in a straight line for a few minutes.

They don’t like being tooted at saying this let me mention that just this morning whilst trying to filter through the thick traffic, this motorbike taxi driver wouldn’t let me pass so I tooted at him and then went by him, little that I knew this prick started to shout at me saying God knows what ( luckily I didn’t know what he was saying ) He followed me nearly all the way home looking for a fight ! I was lucky when a cop passed by the other way and I stopped him to tell him that idiot intentions, the guy turned around and went away but I don’t think police said or did anything to him ☹️ They simply ( the police ) don’t care about us westerners except asking for money.. This isn’t the first time that I had an unpleasant experience in Bkk but this guy had it coming since he felt well protected by their own and the police being biased, mind yourselves out on the roads, it’s a dangerous place and sadly  we are own ????

Edited by Ramdas

13 minutes ago, papa al said:

They sense weakness.

You need louder tooter.

Are you implying my weakness or me being scared of him ? Not a chance, I could easily have him any given moment the only problem is that the cowards multiply, next thing you know yuo got the entire neighbourhood and the police after you, because as we all know, they only come after us westerners.

Honestly it make sure me sick in the stomach even touching one of them.. Yuk ????

Using your horn here , unfortunately , looked at very badly, it could start a fight and you could be in trouble over nothing, really, just for a beep...!

They pass you buy really close and fast,  and I rather they give me a quick warning, but nothing, due to the above, it could really save an accident or life, but Thais don't use the horn if their life depends on it...!!!?

Also if you are really need to, there are different ways of using the horn, couple of very short beeps followed by a respectful hand sign or head movement to say thank you or sorry could be okay, a long angry beep could get you shot by a deranged nutcase here, when they loose it they really loose it...????, I'm in Phuket, they are really crazy here..

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Ramdas said:

Are you implying my weakness or me being scared of him ? Not a chance, I could easily have him any given moment the only problem is that the cowards multiply, next thing you know yuo got the entire neighbourhood and the police after you, because as we all know, they only come after us westerners.

Honestly it make sure me sick in the stomach even touching one of them.. Yuk ????

That's why you need to act fast

Drop him and don't hang about

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Agusts said:

Using your horn here , unfortunately , looked at very badly, it could start a fight and you could be in trouble over nothing, really, just for a beep...!

They pass you buy really close and fast,  and I rather they give me a quick warning, but nothing, due to the above, it could really save an accident or life, but Thais don't use the horn if their life depends on it...!!!?

Also if you are really need to, there are different ways of using the horn, couple of very short beeps followed by a respectful hand sign or head movement to say thank you or sorry could be okay, a long angry beep could get you shot by a deranged nutcase here, when they loose it they really loose it...????, I'm in Phuket, they are really crazy here..

I’m aware of what you’re saying and I know what you mean with regards to the bike horn, I just wish it would send bullits every time I toot !

Theyre hotheaded childish little monkeys, they act as they own the roads, drive/ride in the middle of it coming from all directions without looking. I so much wish I could do justice myself since they’ve got too much freedom and support from their own and as I mentioned previously the so called cops.

if you think the motorbike taxi drivers are dangerous where you are try to spend a few days on your scooter in Bkk, it’s rough !

• 2 weeks later...

I'm 191cm (6'3) tall and have been looking into buying an Aerox (like before the end of the week.)

sadly haven't had the chance to sit on one yet

my question is, how different is the seating position compared to a PCX 150? should I expect to have issues with knee clearance (or other things) with an Aerox?

in case of yes, would getting a seat made/modified be expensive to fix the issue?

I've ridden a Honda Wave 125 extensively before and also an Exciter.