Renewing extension of stay based on marriage

Can anyone tell me....when my extension of stay based on marriage expires, do we have to go through the entire process again? That is to say, all the paperwork plus police visit to the house, photos, map etc, including queuing up at CM immigration from 4 AM....or is it just paperwork plus bank verification? And is there a repeat of the "under consideration" period?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

51 minutes ago, whatproblem said:

Yes ,but every year they want more papers and like to add a surprise paper that you have to try and get ,last year I needed a letter from my child's teacher but not this year 

i  think  they  are  trying to get  "married  to a  thai" extensions to  end for  some  of us, i  was asked  why i  wasnt  on retirement last  visit as  im  over 50, then  told "next  year do  retirement".

I am on Non-Imm. O valid for 1 year (mult.ent.) which I got in Aust.

The woman at the Thai consul told me that I could extend it by my married status if I deposit 400K THB in a Thai bank account.

I have had more than this in my Thai bank account for a while now so I thought I might go for the extension.

Do I extend it to a married visa when I go back to Aust. prior to the expiry of the Non-Imm O visa?

The visa expires on the 25 January and I will be back in Australia on the 13th January.

Will they extend the visa to a married 1 year visa at the Consulate in  Australia (subject to providing the required documents etc)?

thanks in advance,

1 hour ago, bobmac10 said:

I am on Non-Imm. O valid for 1 year (mult.ent.) which I got in Aust.

The woman at the Thai consul told me that I could extend it by my married status if I deposit 400K THB in a Thai bank account.

I have had more than this in my Thai bank account for a while now so I thought I might go for the extension.

Do I extend it to a married visa when I go back to Aust. prior to the expiry of the Non-Imm O visa?

The visa expires on the 25 January and I will be back in Australia on the 13th January.

Will they extend the visa to a married 1 year visa at the Consulate in  Australia (subject to providing the required documents etc)?

thanks in advance,

You could apply for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) based upon marriage at an immigration office here during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from your non-o visa. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank in your name only for 2 months or proof of 40k baht income.

You can only get another non-o visa in Australia.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I am currently on my 1 year extension based on marriage and it expires on May 18. I have two questions: 

1) How early am I allowed to apply for the visa extension in Chiang Mai? One immigration officer told us more than 45 days before it expires, then another said more than 30 days before, and another one said less than 30 days before it expires. All contradicting one another...

2) How long is the period of consideration? [I am flying to Italy around May 20 for a vacation, so I need to make sure my "date to return for my visa" isn't when I am out of the country...] 

49 minutes ago, CanadianwifeThaihusband said:

I am currently on my 1 year extension based on marriage and it expires on May 18. I have two questions: 

1) How early am I allowed to apply for the visa extension in Chiang Mai? One immigration officer told us more than 45 days before it expires, then another said more than 30 days before, and another one said less than 30 days before it expires. All contradicting one another...

2) How long is the period of consideration? [I am flying to Italy around May 20 for a vacation, so I need to make sure my "date to return for my visa" isn't when I am out of the country...] 

1. Not sure about Chiang Mai. I have read 45 days from some people and 30 days from others.

2. The report back date is 30 days from the date you apply form have I read in post about CM. 

I would allow a some extra days after the expected report back date in case the approval is not done by then.

6 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

1. Not sure about Chiang Mai. I have read 45 days from some people and 30 days from others.

2. The report back date is 30 days from the date you apply form have I read in post about CM. 

I would allow a some extra days after the expected report back date in case the approval is not done by then.

1. Thanks! I guess the right answer just depends on who you see at immigration... No firm answer... We arrived 45 days before last year (a 5 hour round trip from our village!) and then were told we needed to come back less than 30 days before expiry, which contradicted what the previous immigration officer told us. I guess it is probably safer to go a little less than 30 days so I don't have to make an extra trip to Chiang Mai for no reason, as that is what worked last year... 

2. Thanks! Last year they did a 23 day consideration period (with a lovely home visit that made us give them money for gas, and tried to make us pay a big bribe since he insisted we would be rejected if we didn't pay it...), but I have also read 30 days so I was a little puzzled why mine was shorter last time.