800,000 baht requirement for retirement O-A visa

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can keep getting the one year extension year after year.

oh, that's fantastic news. So I don't need to go back to my country and re-apply for an 'O-A' visa (which which I came to LOS) which is annually renewable. I can just annually renew my "O" visa?  Note that I do not have dependables in Thailand... no Thai wife or kids. Yet I got the "O" visa in Laos. Shown them my BKK condo ownership and 800k+ in Thai bank.

On 12/2/2016 at 6:00 PM, webcrawler00 said:

Yes, due this this "piddling technicality" I was told to leave the Kingdom next week as my 1-year visa expires and because I had not kept my balance over 800k for past 3 months I must leave.... 

But do you have an OA visa ?? which expires soon ?? 

Because if you return to Thailand before your one year OA visa expires you will gain another 1 year permission to stay. 

The way your mixing up extensions, visas, and O v OA means I am not sure and easy to screw this up. 

12 minutes ago, webcrawler00 said:

oh, that's fantastic news. So I don't need to go back to my country and re-apply for an 'O-A' visa (which which I came to LOS) which is annually renewable. I can just annually renew my "O" visa?  Note that I do not have dependables in Thailand... no Thai wife or kids. Yet I got the "O" visa in Laos. Shown them my BKK condo ownership and 800k+ in Thai bank.

Have you actually read any of the info relayed to you in this post???

There is no such thing as a retirement VISA it is an extension of stay

based on retirement, not a visa.

• Like 1

Does IMA-FARANG's post say that somewhere they are issuing visas valid for one year which will receive permission to stay for one year and allow multiple entries during that year each entry receiving a further one year stay? Then after almost two years accumulated stay you go to Immigration where you will receive a further year if you satisfy the criteria necessary for permission to stay as a retired person? That seems overly generous to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

52 minutes ago, tgeezer said:

Does IMA-FARANG's post say that somewhere they are issuing visas valid for one year which will receive permission to stay for one year and allow multiple entries during that year each entry receiving a further one year stay? Then after almost two years accumulated stay you go to Immigration where you will receive a further year if you satisfy the criteria necessary for permission to stay as a retired person? That seems overly generous to me.

This is a normal non immigrant O-A visa issued for long stay from Thai Consulate in country you live (normally home country).  It provides one year stay on any entry so an entry just before it expires could provide almost two years total stay and then it can be extended as a normal O type visa entry/TM.7 for retirement each year by meeting financial requirements inside Thailand.

I imagine that it is vastly more expensive and must involve much more stringent checks to obtain than the 'O' visa which I got. I got permission to stay for only three months. That was enough because I got a further nine months for 1900 Baht on retirement grounds. Two more renewals would have given me a stay equal to that O-A visa. I am surprised that Immigration doesn't require any means test, in sharp contrast to that required of a retiree.

The multi entry O-A visa requires proof of funds/income the same as extensions but this can be in your home country.  In USA the cost is $200 for visa.  A medical certificate (similar to that required for work permit) and a police record check is required.

f you don't want to leave the country , an agent could assist you .

Much easier if you live in Chonburi than other provinces. 

Edited by balo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, balo said:

f you don't want to leave the country , an agent could assist you .

Much easier if you live in Chonburi than other provinces. 

Yes, use an agent. Only pay for his fee. He will manage for you all the needed funds.

Munotlaw

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Munotlaw said:

Yes, use an agent. Only pay for his fee. He will manage for you all the needed funds.

Munotlaw

Agents are not required for anyone meeting requirements and if you do not meet requirements without an agent you do not meet them with an agent; legally.  Be very careful not to fall into a path that may result in actions being taken against you.  Blacklist would not be attractive to someone planning a life here.   

• Like 1

The OP doesn't meet the "ageing" requirement for the funds, so anything that an agent will do to prevent travel outside Thailand isn't appropriate and probably will be more expensive than a quick trip to Vientiane.  Besides, it's a nice time of year to travel.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Agents are not required for anyone meeting requirements and if you do not meet requirements without an agent you do not meet them with an agent; legally.  Be very careful not to fall into a path that may result in actions being taken against you.  Blacklist would not be attractive to someone planning a life here.   

Of course not quite legal, but many retirees in Pattaya are using this service. As long as banks and immigration have their share in this deal, very unlikely it comes to an end. Also in Bangkok available and cheaper. 

MUNOTLAW 

I have been here long enough to remember the last crackdown on this activity and would not want anyone to get caught up in such with thoughts that it is just 'not quite legal'.  Unless you are just using agent to get a queue handhold would advise not trying to take old shortcuts as slightly illegal can have the same result as highly under current laws - and it could be more than a slap on the wrist.   

36 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

I have been here long enough to remember the last crackdown on this activity and would not want anyone to get caught up in such with thoughts that it is just 'not quite legal'.  Unless you are just using agent to get a queue handhold would advise not trying to take old shortcuts as slightly illegal can have the same result as highly under current laws - and it could be more than a slap on the wrist.   

I know you are around for many years now. Always appreciated your advices back in 1998 when I was working in Bangkok. Interested to know when the last crackdown took place 

Munotlaw 

4 minutes ago, Munotlaw said:

I know you are around for many years now. Always appreciated your advices back in 1998 when I was working in Bangkok. Interested to know when the last crackdown took place 

Munotlaw 

Munotlaw  I am of course not certain of this but I strongly suspect that these very threads are 

watched/scrutinised by the powers that be?

What you have been posting could find you and the people you are talking about under much

more scrutiny than you or they would wish, be careful before you post, or you could be responsible

for the next "crackdown ".

1 hour ago, NancyL said:

The OP doesn't meet the "ageing" requirement for the funds, so anything that an agent will do to prevent travel outside Thailand isn't appropriate and probably will be more expensive than a quick trip to Vientiane.  Besides, it's a nice time of year to travel.

Agents have ways.. Presumably using some combination clauses where seasoning then isnt the issue. 

Retirement without funds being quotes at 20 - 28k done in bangkok.. 

24 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

Munotlaw  I am of course not certain of this but I strongly suspect that these very threads are 

watched/scrutinised by the powers that be?

What you have been posting could find you and the people you are talking about under much

more scrutiny than you or they would wish, be careful before you post, or you could be responsible

for the next "crackdown ".

OK, will shut up. Only for the record: I don't live in Thailand anymore, but in Duterte 'territory" 

1 hour ago, LivinLOS said:

Agents have ways.. Presumably using some combination clauses where seasoning then isnt the issue. 

Retirement without funds being quotes at 20 - 28k done in bangkok.. 

Agent or not I don't believe there is any legal way to avoid the seasoning requirement, but you " pays your

money and you takes your chances ".  :smile:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

Agent or not I don't believe there is any legal way to avoid the seasoning requirement, but you " pays your

money and you takes your chances ".  :smile:

Well combinations require no seasoning.. 

So then it becomes a judgement on income proof requirements to top it up.. I am unsure if this is always embassy certified or officer dependant ??? 

Thats just a guess.. But oddly even the 'agent fee' system they waltz you to the bank, deposit money, get some letter, then hand hold you through the app. I was asking earlier in the week, stragely for a mate who has 800k in the bank, but Hua hin are such dicks, and he is short of time and entering on visa exempt stamps direct from work, just wants to pay to have it solved. Hua Hin agents want 22,500 (unsure if thats with his money) but need 22 days. Bangkok agent said 28k and 3 days, one to apply and passport back 2nd day after. 

8 minutes ago, LivinLOS said:

So then it becomes a judgement on income proof requirements to top it up.. I am unsure if this is always embassy certified or officer dependant ??? 

Thats just a guess.. But oddly even the 'agent fee' system they waltz you to the bank, deposit money, get some letter, then hand hold you through the app. I was asking earlier in the week, stragely for a mate who has 800k in the bank, but Hua hin are such dicks, and he is short of time and entering on visa exempt stamps direct from work, just wants to pay to have it solved. Hua Hin agents want 22,500 (unsure if thats with his money) but need 22 days. Bangkok agent said 28k and 3 days, one to apply and passport back 2nd day after. 

LivinLOS I am pretty sure any income/pension has to be verified by ones embassy.

You appear to be heading down the same road as minotlaw, you have so far insulted the Huahin office

and implied that agents in Huahin and Bangkok are circumventing the law to obtain illegal extensions. 

Not implying.. Stating it with absolute conviction.. 

Thats what agents do.. I was trying to persuade him to use the guys real bank assets but process it because of the speed.. No no we have a system, you have to do all..  OK sigh.. 

Guy concerned has zero issues with complying with the assets, or any other factor.. What he doesnt have is time.. He has to travel frequently and often short notice. He cannot wait a month for the application (retirement should be done in a day, Hua Hin apparently wont). 

15 minutes ago, phuketjock said:

LivinLOS I am pretty sure any income/pension has to be verified by ones embassy.

You appear to be heading down the same road as minotlaw, you have so far insulted the Huahin office

and implied that agents in Huahin and Bangkok are circumventing the law to obtain illegal extensions

Munotlaw is not heading down same road, because working in Manila! But  living in Thailand for 21 years in the past, I know just a little bit how things are working in the land of smile.

Munotlaw

3 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Your first sentence doesn't apply in Phuket who have required 3 months seasoning of the bank deposit portion if using the combination method for the last 4 years.

I'm sure they're not the only Immi office doing so.

So regardless of what is written, local "rules" apply.

15 hours ago, Munotlaw said:

Of course not quite legal, but many retirees in Pattaya are using this service.

It is not illegal to borrow 800k or less to meet the requirements for the visa.  Agents can help if you're over 50  .  Not saying it's the only way but a lot of pensioners here can not afford the requirements. 

11 minutes ago, balo said:

It is not illegal to borrow 800k or less to meet the requirements for the visa.  Agents can help if you're over 50  .  Not saying it's the only way but a lot of pensioners here can not afford the requirements. 

True but it is illegal to have it in the bank for less than the three months' "seasoning" and then claim you comply with the extension regulations

Edited by SaintLouisBlues
  • Like 1