First lot of NGV buses arrived at Laem Chabang deep-sea port

rooster59

0312004.jpg

The first lot of 99 Chinese-made natural gas-powered (NGV) buses have arrived at Laem Chabang deep-sea port and will be put on service for Bangkok’s bus commuters by the New Year.

Bestrin Group which won the 3,389 million baht deal to procure a total of 489 NGV buses for Bangkok Mass Transit Authority took members of the media to Laem Chabang in Chon Buri province to observe the recently-arrived 99 Chinese-made buses which were assembled in Malaysia.

Mr Kanis Srivachiraprapha, chairman of the Bestrin Group, told the media that between 20-25 NGV buses would be put on test run each day starting on Saturday. He said that the buses would be fitted with GPS system and registered with the Land Transport Department before they are to be handed over to BMTA on December 15.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/first-lot-of-ngv-buses-arrived-at-laem-chabang-deep-sea-port/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2016-12-03

41 minutes ago, ezzra said:

99 busses.... again with the superstitions silliness... no matter how educated,

rich or famous people are, they still stick to their voodoo style of beliefs and

life style....

Why do you always have to find the negative point of everything?

51 minutes ago, tominbkk said:

Because they should be ordering an exact number of buses based on what's needed. If 99 buses was the exact number, fair enough. If it's a good luck thing, not cool. This is tax payers' money. Don't be careless and frivolous with it. 

Anywho, I hope these buses aren't as poorly built as those yellow buses (545 for example). They're poorly designed and extremely poorly built buses which are falling apart very quickly. Let's hope these buses last a long time. 

1 hour ago, tominbkk said:

I would like to say something both positive an negative if that is OK with you.

As one who regularly uses the buses around Bangkok I am pleased to see the existing clapped out heaps of junk they call buses being replaced by by new ones. How long it takes for these new buses to be converted into the same heaps of junk held together with body filler remains to be seen.

At least now passengers will be in new clean and modern surroundings while they get thrown around the cabin like rag dolls by lunatic drivers.

Edited by Brer Fox

2 hours ago, ezzra said:

rich or famous people are, they still stick to their voodoo style of beliefs and

life style....

Or one fell off the boat on the journey.

regards Worgeordie

59 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

Because they should be ordering an exact number of buses based on what's needed. If 99 buses was the exact number, fair enough. If it's a good luck thing, not cool. This is tax payers' money. Don't be careless and frivolous with it. 

Anywho, I hope these buses aren't as poorly built as those yellow buses (545 for example). They're poorly designed and extremely poorly built buses which are falling apart very quickly. Let's hope these buses last a long time. 

Have you seen the shuttle buses at Tao Poon to Bang Sue? They are for midgets only! Those are 150cm high inside, i almost had to crawl inside it. 

When will we get the 300 new austrian built firetrucks who are rotting on a field somewhere?

39 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Chinese made buses,assembled in Malaysia?, Thailand not competent to 

bolt them together,I suppose if they have problems with quality they can

blame the Malaysians,who will blame the Chinese.

regards Worgeordie

They are produced in China by Sun Long Company based in Shanghai.

150 buses were scheduled to be delivered in December 2016.

Price is inclusive of vehicle maintenance services. 

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

life style....

But is it crazy things of this nature which makes us belive we are sane?:shock1:

Let's hope they really do end up on the roads:-

NOT like the 100's of fire fighting vehicles that were impounded for YEARS some time ago!! - Corruption?? - The Thai right hand not talking to the left OR not getting their share of the graft???

Edited by bdenner

9 minutes ago, bdenner said:

NOT like the 100's of fire fighting vehicles that were impounded for YEARS some time ago!! - Corruption?? - The Thai right hand not talking to the left OR not getting their share of the graft???

Yep...probably be left to rot in the sun...parked next to the fire-trucks.

9 hours ago, ezzra said:

life style....

Who said the number delivered was anything to do with superstition, except you?

7 hours ago, rkidlad said:

As the report very clearly stated, 489 have been ordered.  Is that exact enough (not to mention 'cool' enough) for you?

43 minutes ago, bdenner said:

You should keep yourself up to date before complaining about corruption.  Thai officials got long prison sentences and the Austrian supplier was ordered to pay Thailand millions of dollars compensation in the case you refer to.

2 minutes ago, rkidlad said:

And 99 have arrived. Is that clear enough for you? Cool enough? 

How's life trolling on the Bangkok Post? They blocked you yet? Only a matter of time before TV suspend you 'again'. 

Take it easy, boy. 

"Boy"?  What's that supposed to mean?

Just to clarify, sunshine, I knew 99 had arrived, I also knew that 489 had been ordered and I knew that because I read the article.   It was you who indicated that you thought 99 had been ordered and that it was a wrong decision that deserved your derision.

3 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

"Boy"?  What's that supposed to mean?

Just to clarify, sunshine, I knew 99 had arrived, I also knew that 489 had been ordered and I knew that because I read the article.   It was you who indicated that you thought 99 had been ordered and that it was a wrong decision that deserved your derision.

*bite

6 hours ago, JAG said:

What route is that on then?

will be put on service for Bangkok’s bus commuters by the New Year.

that between 20-25 NGV buses would be put on test run each day starting on Saturday [December 3rd]

1 hour ago, gdgbb said:

You should keep yourself up to date before complaining about corruption.  Thai officials got long prison sentences and the Austrian supplier was ordered to pay Thailand millions of dollars compensation in the case you refer to.

There was an allegation of possible collusion on the bus bid.

To avoid a possible investigation BMTA redid the bid which delayed the original delivery date and added a maintenance service contract that doubled the purchse cost.