Three women gunned down in Finland after a night out

webfact

Three women gunned down in Finland after a night out

Chris Cummins

606x341_351456.jpg

HELSINKI: -- A town councillor and two journalists have been shot dead in a small town in southern Finland.

The women had been at a restaurant and were gunned down as they left.

Police arrested a 23-year-old local man at the scene.

Residents of Imatra are in mourning:“Well, I`m thinking that soon you cannot let your own children walk around here, if things get this bad. This is it for now, a very sad thing,” said a stunned resident.

The suspect was known to the police and had a criminal record, but authorities gave no further details.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-12-05

10 minutes ago, williamgeorgeallen said:

i love guns and shooting but it seems they should not be in the hands of the general public. i was always one of the 'out of my cold dead hands' type but seeing what is happening around the world i have had to change my views. 

Its always good to be open minded. I am sure Charlton Heston has kicked you out of the gun clan and Michael Moore stands ready to embrace you. 

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

If this was in Thailand, it would probably reach double figures in pages, and the argument 'it doesn't happen anywhere else in the world' would be prevalent.

Three Finnish women gunned down outside a Thai local restaurant would be big news.

6 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

If this was in Thailand, it would probably reach double figures in pages, and the argument 'it doesn't happen anywhere else in the world' would be prevalent.

Thai-bashing policeman quick off the mark today.

11 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Slow news day for the Thai apologists

11 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Wait a day or two and it will be "in" Thailand

8 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

With yours being only the 11th quote in 7 hours, it proves my point, that being that murders and crimes happen everywhere, not just here.

I don't think I heard about one single murder in Thailand in 58 years when I was in the US, in fact the only murders outside the US that anybody there would care about would be assassinations or mass murders. We are in Thailand don't you think its normal to hear and talk about the murders here?

5 hours ago, Grubster said:

I don't think I heard about one single murder in Thailand in 58 years when I was in the US, in fact the only murders outside the US that anybody there would care about would be assassinations or mass murders. We are in Thailand don't you think its normal to hear and talk about the murders here?

Yes, I do think it is normal to hear and talk about the murders here, at least for the ones that have made here their home, but it is also normal for some, for me at least, to do the same thing for other happenings around the world, and not live in a Thailand bubble, and believe that murders, suicides, and other abnormal behaviour only happens here.

8 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Yes, I do think it is normal to hear and talk about the murders here, at least for the ones that have made here their home, but it is also normal for some, for me at least, to do the same thing for other happenings around the world, and not live in a Thailand bubble, and believe that murders, suicides, and other abnormal behaviour only happens here.

Well I guess I read Thai Visa and not Russia Visa, German Visa, US Visa, etc.  I don't follow much news back home unless it makes Thai visa, which it does a lot. I think if you only read Thai visa all your life you would still know that the USA is the murder capital of the world. I think there are very few on this site that don't know that.

Now when it comes to an unfair legal system and incompetent and corrupt law enforcement, I think Thailand is near the top of the list and that is why so many hear talk about that.

Just now, alocacoc said:

Some sources say it was a Somali immigrant.

We could have guessed something like that couldn't we? If it had been a regular Finn they would have said so I'm guessing. Thanks for the info.    Cheers

8 hours ago, Grubster said:

We could have guessed something like that couldn't we? If it had been a regular Finn they would have said so I'm guessing. Thanks for the info.    Cheers

Bet it was likely a Somali immigrant than, say, a Japanese or Singaporean one. :tongue:

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/5/2016 at 11:56 PM, Grubster said:

Well I guess I read Thai Visa and not Russia Visa, German Visa, US Visa, etc.  I don't follow much news back home unless it makes Thai visa, which it does a lot. I think if you only read Thai visa all your life you would still know that the USA is the murder capital of the world. I think there are very few on this site that don't know that.

Now when it comes to an unfair legal system and incompetent and corrupt law enforcement, I think Thailand is near the top of the list and that is why so many hear talk about that.

USA, the murder capital of the world...???  I didn't think we were that bad.  Seriously, where did you hear this as there are many other places with large numbers of murders.

On 12/6/2016 at 9:44 PM, copa8 said:

Bet it was likely a Somali immigrant than, say, a Japanese or Singaporean one. :tongue:

And here we are 3 weeks later, and still the shooters identity is being kept secret squirrel. I smelled a rat as soon as this crime had taken place, when will this 23 yr old "finnish" man be named? Has there ever been a mass murder (i think technically 3 victims classifies as mass murder" where they absolutely refused to name the perp? Breivik was named before the shots stopped firing.