Festive Season Goodies

jonwilly

Folks their are no Festive season foods in either Tops or Rimping as of this last weekend.

Rimping used to do a Christmas Home dinner suitable for singles like me, but none on display this year.

Does anyone know why there are no Christmas Puds or Mince pies, let alone Cracker or decoration on sale.

I have tried to persuade Rob at Sausage King to do a 'TV Meal' for residents but he assures me he cannot find a suitable 'Microwave' multi partition 'Tray' for sale in CM or on the net.

john

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you please define "Festive season food"?  I was at Tops within the past week and they were building displays of gift baskets, chocolates, baskets of little bottles of that god-awful salty chicken-broth stuff the Thais give as gifts, etc.  

Remember it's early in the month, so they're just getting stuff set up.

Festive Season Goodies to me are things like Mince pies, Christmas pudding, and cakes.

I do not mean the Thai stuff that Buddhists exchange at New Year.

We are less then 3 weeks away from Christmas day and Tops HK and Rimping Airport Plaza have nothing.

No Calendars or 'Chritmassy' Banners, normaly I would expect to have seen these things by now.

I do understand now why we have not had Christmas Dinners that Rimping used to do, B350 sticks in my mind and Rimping provided similar for Thanksgiving for a couple of years, but now no Turkeys at practical prices.

A a single male the 'TV' type dinners are a big loss and my restaraunter Rob of Sausage King would provide year round if only he could find a microwaveable multi partition tray at commercial prices.

Thanks for your attention.

john

3 hours ago, NancyL said:

Could you please define "Festive season food"?  I was at Tops within the past week and they were building displays of gift baskets, chocolates, baskets of little bottles of that god-awful salty chicken-broth stuff the Thais give as gifts, etc.  

Remember it's early in the month, so they're just getting stuff set up.

LOL I remember once giving a basket of those to our housekeeper of many years for Christmas one year, only to see her emptying the bottles out and pouring them down the drain later that day. But she took the basket and bottles home! For the longest time the wife didn't believe me. So even some Thais don't like those either.

1 hour ago, stament said:

I am interested in parsnips and of course the obligatory annual serving of Brussels :wink:

RimPing has Parsnips and Brussel sprouts, imported from Australia,so expensive,

wish they could grow them here, anybody know where Sweet mince pies are available,

was hoping MS would have some, but no,they have Xmas puddings,something like

1500 THB!!.

regards worgeordie             P.S.  Makro has frozen Sprouts from Belgium, not expensive.

Edited by worgeordie

Not sure what Jonwilly is on about.

Bought my Christmas Pudding in Rimping last week.

Was in there today and bought my Mince Pies

Plenty of both, think they are being regularly re-stocked by Tower Bridge, the maker. 

There where no Puddings or pies LAST week.

Tower Brand is/was Chiang Mai produce by a Brit ex serviceman if I remember correctly, no problem there but I was talking about the imports we Normally get.

Also no one has been able to help with the other subject I mentioned.

IF a microwave safe multi partition tray could be found then "TV' type dinners could be available.

john

re

Rimping have some Xmas puddings but that is about all I saw.

rimping nim city have some big hams in and even got 30 grm

of sturgeon caviar at 2500 baht a pot or 100 grm for 7500 baht

if your up for it ?

dave2 ..  im off to kuala lumpur for xmas

and the phillipines for new year to see some fireworks :)

rimping bim city xmas hams 7 dec 16 20161207_170111~01.jpg

rimping nim city sturgeon caiarr 7 dec 16 Screenshot_2016-12-07-18-04-10.png

19 minutes ago, dave2 said:

re

Rimping have some Xmas puddings but that is about all I saw.

rimping nim city have some big hams in and even got 30 grm

of sturgeon caviar at 2500 baht a pot or 100 grm for 7500 baht

if your up for it ?

dave2 ..  im off to kuala lumpur for xmas

and the phillipines for new year to see some fireworks :)

rimping bim city xmas hams 7 dec 16 20161207_170111~01.jpg

rimping nim city sturgeon caiarr 7 dec 16 Screenshot_2016-12-07-18-04-10.png

Hope you have a great trip Dave.  The Islamic museum of art in KL is worth a visit.

On 12/5/2016 at 8:17 PM, jonwilly said:

Festive Season Goodies to me are things like Mince pies, Christmas pudding, and cakes.

I do not mean the Thai stuff that Buddhists exchange at New Year.

We are less then 3 weeks away from Christmas day and Tops HK and Rimping Airport Plaza have nothing.

No Calendars or 'Chritmassy' Banners, normaly I would expect to have seen these things by now.

I do understand now why we have not had Christmas Dinners that Rimping used to do, B350 sticks in my mind and Rimping provided similar for Thanksgiving for a couple of years, but now no Turkeys at practical prices.

A a single male the 'TV' type dinners are a big loss and my restaraunter Rob of Sausage King would provide year round if only he could find a microwaveable multi partition tray at commercial prices.

Thanks for your attention.

john

No turkeys, there is currently an import ban because of some type of disease.