Bahtbus 20 baht ?

Pattaya46

no it hasn't.it was 108 at 6 o'clock this morning the Bangkok and 108 to return at 11.30 sitting in fairly comfortable seats with air-conditioning as opposed to sitting sideways on bench seats

Have no idea what you boarded.. As mentioned the 50 baht is door to door

By the way in my country and in many Western countries the cab to that airport is more than airfare!! So your comparision is pretty bad.

You do get it, right? But I feel you don't... but it's beer o'clock , see ya!

Sent from my SC-01D using Tapatalk

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

41 minutes ago, mcfish said:

It's been 50 baht for a long time now. You can't expect wages to go up and inflation and leave it at 20 baht.

No way. There is a luminous board just above the waiting taxis at the North Bus Terminal. I took pic of it just a few months agogo and it was still very clear: 20 baht to Beach Road, 30 baht to Jomtien ! :)

No way. There is a luminous board just above the waiting taxis at the North Bus Terminal. I took pic of it just a few months agogo and it was still very clear: 20 baht to Beach Road, 30 baht to Jomtien ! :)

The fare went to 40 for a while then 50 they just didn't change the sign, that's all.

Just now, mcfish said:

The fare went to 40 for a while then 50 they just didn't change the sign, that's all.

The "asking" price may have increased,

but the official price is the one on the board,

and yes I paid just 20 baht to go near Royal Garden.

The "asking" price may have increased,
but the official price is the one on the board,
and yes I paid just 20 baht to go near Royal Garden.

It's a memory lapse. I go to pattaya from Bangkok many times a year and no chance in hell it was 20 baht 3 months ago! In fact it would have been 40 or 50. Not saying your telling fibs but it's easy to make a mistake

3 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

no it hasn't.it was 108 at 6 o'clock this morning the Bangkok and 108 to return at 11.30 sitting in fairly comfortable seats with air-conditioning as opposed to sitting sideways on bench seats

In fact, the Pattaya-BKK bus has seen the fare decrease 3 times in 2-3 years from 124 to: 119/115/108. 

It was only earlier this year the baht bus to Beach was 30 baht. A friend who just took it recently paid 50 though. (I don't take it because I have to go to the Darkside so I take my moto.)

Edited by Kaoboi Bebobp

39 minutes ago, mcfish said:

No idea why people insist on posting bus fares from Bangkok nuts

Sent from my zumo using Tapatalk

and yet a few posts back you were saying that bus fare has probably increased as well?

but when you find in actual fact it hasn't and has done the opposite you suddenly deem that argument irrelevant.   :giggle:

Edited by Asiantravel

4 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

I think this is what is called a Freudian slip.

20160402_092635_640.jpg.cef365b312d78d4c29e9c3d83596b996.jpg

Sorry. Not a good pic. My phone didn't like the scrolling board [emoji20]
"To Pattaya Beach 20 Baht. To Jomtien Beach 30 Baht."

Any ideas why the time stamp says 2016/04/02? Maybe they programmed your camera wrong? Because you said the pic was absolutely 3 months ago. Depending where you bought it it's either April or Feb. I know it's Feb by the way

TV the undisputed misinformation highway of south East Asia!

55 minutes ago, whitemouse said:

No, there is no such thing as door to door 50 baht,

Wrong , it's been 50 baht for years , they really ask the passengers for which hotel they are going , happened to me at least 5 times. I tried to get to beach road and carried luggage so I didnt cross the road to catch a cheap one. The baht bus turns into several side sois on it's way to the beach . So this is an extra service and 50 baht is cheap for that . 

Edited by balo

So you are telling me baht bus takes you to your hotel or condo from North Rd bus terminal for 50 Baht. LOL 

Maybe you can then tell me why to motorcycle taxi boys charge no less than 100 baht to anywhere in Pattaya, given that baht bus takes you for 50

1 hour ago, whitemouse said:

o you are telling me baht bus takes you to your hotel or condo from North Rd bus terminal for 50 Baht. LOL

I don't understand whats so funny , it's already been confirmed by me and other posters, do you think I am joking ?  

10 hours ago, whitemouse said:

Maybe you can then tell me why to motorcycle taxi boys charge no less than 100 baht to anywhere in Pattaya?

Maybe because you look  like a tourist and motorbike taxis find it's too easy to abuse of you ? :whistling:

And most seriously, the fares to most popular destinations is displayed on most motorbike taxi station, and it's most of time in the 40-60 baht range. :cool:

157.jpg

16 minutes ago, Hallodri said:

Pattaya46, do you get to ride at these rates from Walking Street?

Most of time very near of the displayed price, yes.

I use mostly the stations at Soi 14&15 or Soi Diamond to go to Center Condo not far on South Road. Theoretically it should be 30 baht but usually I pay 40 for 1 or 60 for 2.

Of course, laws of market sometimes win: if it's at 3AM with only 1 or 2 taxi available, you will not get these prices! More like 60 for 1, 100 for 2.

On 12/7/2016 at 11:53 AM, Pattaya46 said:

Most of time very near of the displayed price, yes.

I use mostly the stations at Soi 14&15 or Soi Diamond to go to Center Condo not far on South Road. Theoretically it should be 30 baht but usually I pay 40 for 1 or 60 for 2.

Of course, laws of market sometimes win: if it's at 3AM with only 1 or 2 taxi available, you will not get these prices! More like 60 for 1, 100 for 2.

You take a baht bus from Soi Diamond to Centre Condo?  How lazy is that?  

31 minutes ago, gmac said:

You take a baht bus from Soi Diamond to Centre Condo?  How lazy is that?  

More a problem of high heels on bad sidewalks... from what they say :cool:

Edited by Pattaya46