Bahtbus 20 baht ?

Pattaya46

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

Not even clear the banner was about baht buses and didn't see any numbers on it. Were there numbers? 

Bottom right -  1337 Pattaya Contact Center. I agree the message displayed is not crystal clear in it's meaning.

1 minute ago, champers said:

Bottom right -  1337 Pattaya Contact Center. I agree the message displayed is not crystal clear in it's meaning.

Nothing about fares. I don't understand why anyone thinks the fares are changing tomorrow. Did someone have a hallucination? 

7 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Nothing about fares. I don't understand why anyone thinks the fares are changing tomorrow. Did someone have a hallucination? 

According to my sources, which are farangs on the ground at View Talay 2, it's 20 Baht now to come over the hill into Pattaya South and likewise the return trip. This as of January 1st and not just a rouge crooked thieving driver. Across the Soi's. And remember, The Baht Bus business is controlled by the Thai mafia and you don't really want to mess with them. 

36 minutes ago, BruceMangosteen said:

According to my sources, which are farangs on the ground at View Talay 2, it's 20 Baht now to come over the hill into Pattaya South and likewise the return trip. This as of January 1st and not just a rouge crooked thieving driver. Across the Soi's. And remember, The Baht Bus business is controlled by the Thai mafia and you don't really want to mess with them. 

Jerry, tell American buddies of yours they have been getting ripped off.

2 minutes ago, JayBird said:

Does this mean if you are only doing the 'circuit' in central pattaya (south/north/central/beach/second/third) it's only 10THB? 

The fare has not changed so yes, it's 10 baht.

We'll know if there has been an official fare rise.

Coming from Jomtien, it hasn't been raised either. 

It's 10 baht as far as Pattaya Klang. 

For some weird reason, people think today is significant so watch reports about that.

Edited by Jingthing

If you want to test the 20 baht from Jomtien theory, try this.

Go from inner Jomtien to Pattaya Tai for five rides with five different drivers.

If the majority of drivers demand 20 baht for that, then the fare has gone up coming from Jomtien.

If one or two even does, that would be a strong sign that something is happening.

It's not a fair test to go as far as Central because you will get some rogue drivers demanding 20 for that.

Even more rogue drivers demanding 20 as far as Pattaya Klang.

I have suggested for years now that people should pay 20 going further than Klang from Jomtien, such as to Central Marina, although you can still pay 10 sometimes, the incidence of pushback will be high enough throughout the year to conclude the real fare for that is 20. 

The incidence of rogue drivers spikes every year during high season ... so be careful about jumping to final conclusions based on a few random anecdotal incidents. 

Edited by Jingthing

23 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

Curious, was that paying with a ten Baht coin or did you actually get change back from a 20/100/500 Baht note? Thanks and God Bless You,

I always have exact change never give a 20 baht note unless paying for two people. 

I thought with the recent 'new' route maps, there were plenty of opportunity to unofficially raise fare to 20 baht, like by 'terminating' the service at Klang junction,

if you want to go further north, all change. or pay another 10 baht to stay on the bus; and with the official route forcing some south bound beach road routes to detour along Klang all the way up to Sukhumvit and back down, plenty of people would want to change anyway 

Anyway, saw lots of military presence checking baht bus on Klang/2nd road this lunchtime, checking drivers and even talking to passengers.. maybe private hire crackdown