Flying without passport

Good morning. Can you please help

My son aged 12 was living in the UK with me and about 3 months ago went to live in Thailand with him mum which hasn't worked out.

As his Thai passport had expired he flew with a valid UK passport and an out of date thai passport and thai birth certificate as he is dual nationality.

I wish to book.his return ticket soon so he can return before Christmas  but concerned as he should get his thai passport next week but what happens if it doesn't come in time.

Can he leave Thailand on an expired thai passport and birth certificate and enter the uk on a valid UK passport.

Thank you...clive

Edited by seedy
spelling

Did he enter Thailand on his expired Thai passport or on his UK passport? If he entered on his Thai passport he will need to get a new Thai passport before he can leave. If he entered on his UK passport he will need to leave on that as well, and it doesn't matter whether he has a valid Thai passport or not.

Sophon

Whilst you can enter on an expired Thai passport, you can't leave on one.

As the previous poster has advised, if he entered using his UK passport then he must leave on that, if he entered using his Thai passport then he should leave on the replacement.

Passports only take a week, though a couple of days have been lost because of the Fathers Day holiday on Monday and there's a further holiday next Monday. In an emergency you can obtain a passport in one day at Changwattana.

Thank you for your replies. He entered Thailand 3 months ago using his Thai expired passport and thai birth certificate. His passport was applied for yesterday and wish to fly 16th December but worried about booking the ticket in case it doesn't arrive in time.