Chinese firm buys UK Prime Minister’s local pub

webfact

Chinese firm buys UK Prime Minister’s local pub

606x341_351679.jpg

CADSDEN: -- A Chinese company has bought a British pub in the Buckinghamshire countryside just outside London.

The Plough at Cadsden became famous last year when former Prime Minister David Cameron brought Chinese President Xi Jinping there for a friendly pint.

Cadsden is a few minutes away from the prime minister’s official countryside residence at Chequers.

Peter Zhang, managing director of SinoFortone Investment group, said: “The English pub concept is growing very fast in China and it’s the best way culturally to link people from different countries and build friendships.”

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-12-07

The BBC reports the Chinese company intends to open a chain of 120 pubs across China all modeled on The Plough  and all to be named The Prime Minister.

Now if only they'd buy some British politicians too, well maybe they have already if you see what I mean.    :biggrin:

Buy and ship to China sounds better !    

22 hours ago, baboon said:

They would sell their grandmother's f------ dentures, British politicians these days, so a pub is nothing...

They are not alone in terms of your opening statement. Once digital currency is implemented they will leave you naked by the roadside. 

On ‎07‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:36 AM, baboon said:

They would sell their grandmother's f------ dentures, British politicians these days, so a pub is nothing...

Although, due to it's proximity to Chequers, this pub has been used by many Prime Ministers over the years, I can find no information that it has ever been owned by a politician in the around 500 years of it's existence.

Can you tell us who the politician is who bought it from the Steve and Sharon mentioned in A potted history of The Plough at Cadsden before selling to this Chinese company?

I think it's safe to assume Steve and Sharon were the owners as in July they were advertising for a manager on the pub's website.

9 hours ago, eddie61 said:

Imagine queueing at the bar! I guess the floor will be a bit slippery too, and the noise will be horrendous.....

Sounds exactly like the long gone and much missed 'spit and sawdust' public bars of my youth!