Tourists Ignore 'No Climbing' Sign, Internet Shames Them

webfact

Tourists Ignore 'No Climbing' Sign, Internet Shames Them

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter -

KEWMAEPAN-e1481173451937.jpg

Tourists climb atop a railing at the Kew Mae Pan Nature Trail in photos posted to the Pantip.com webboard.

CHIANG MAI — Keyboard warriors were slamming Thai tourists for breaking the rules posted at a scenic spot in Chiang Mai’s Doi Inthanon National Park to take photos.

Since Sunday, when a Pantip user posted a thread shaming visitors for not “respecting the rules” at the Kew Mae Pan Nature Trail, netizens have responded with photos of their own Facebook friends who ignored the “no climbing” rule to pose for photos on a railing overlooking a stunning valley view.

Full story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/culture/net/2016/12/08/tourists-ignore-no-climbing-sign-internet-shames/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2016-12-08

So what? let Darwin's Law sort them out. Their lives.

I would kind of understand shaming people who litter, who destroy nature, who steal or abuse public belongings, but isn't this going a tad too far in the way of the great tradition of finger pointing in Thailand?

1 minute ago, Lannig said:

I would kind of understand shaming people who litter, who destroy nature, who steal or abuse public belongings, but isn't this going a tad too far in the way of the great tradition of finger pointing in Thailand?

I would tend to agree but in case of accident, who will rescue/take the body?

Just now, DavidVincent said:

I would tend to agree but in case of accident, who will rescue/take the body?

No lack of "rescue" and body collector "foundations" in Thailand. Quite a big business in this country. They even fight to be first on the spot.

And if we start listing all the irresponsible behaviours Thais tend to engage into (especially on the road) that end up quite often in stupid and avoidable loss of life, that list would be quite long.

20 minutes ago, Calach said:

Internet : an army of dumb carping teenagers made judges, jury and life teachers.

Agreed, but strike out the "teenager" part. I kind of doubt that this kind of self-righteous posts come from teenagers. I'd bet on adults.

And when my child and I went to a temple that had signs everywhere saying no cameras a Thai women was rudely telling us to move away ,I pointed at the sign and she said this not a camera it's a phone ,we moved when we was finished ,all we heard was farang farang farang 

My favorite photo shoots in Thailand are the "No Parking" signs tightly hemmed-in on three sides by motorcycles, cars and trucks.  No one enforces.  Ergo, no one cares.  :sleepy:

Edited by Fookhaht

The world is full of people who don't think the rules apply to them.  One just won the popular vote for POTUS (which, fortunately, isn't how one gets elected, although fellow rule-breakers pulled out all the stops to bypass that rule, too).  'Just goes to show the character flaw applies to all cultures and all classes.  Thailand is certainly not exempt, as sidewalk motocyclists, wrong-way drivers, squatters, beach chair vendors, bribe-taking officials, etc., etc., etc. demonstrate daily.  "Not even sure how this particular item even qualifies as "news".

On 12/8/2016 at 8:46 AM, Lannig said:

Hey, you can't argue with "outraged netizens" you know.