West Ham Thread

EastSaxCol

It seems we won in court today so we'll be having another round soon enough.....and you thought Millwall were your only problem this season...biggrin.gif

It's amazing. I don't believe that he actually wants them to play there. He just wants another venue for his other businesses. Hopefully he dies in the same fire as Abramovich.

The thing is tw that your chairmen are only there for the same reason ours is fighting this in court. Its all about a massive share price increase and the resulting sale. Only a fool would see it differently.

Especially true for your lot as with the current debt no sane person would have bought your club otherwise.

Found this on another thread :lol:

A middle-aged Londoner wants return to England after hitting rock bottom in Pattaya. Kind Thai people have given him food everyday. He is upset with the British government for not assisting him although he has paid taxes throughout his life. He is grateful to the Thai police since they will send him back to the UK. If he has the chance he wants to return to Thailand again.

Wouldn't he be blacklisted?

He's either a scammer or, I think most likely, mentally ill.

They're all over the place this west ham mob :D

Edited by alfieconn

It seems we won in court today so we'll be having another round soon enough.....and you thought Millwall were your only problem this season...biggrin.gif

It's amazing. I don't believe that he actually wants them to play there. He just wants another venue for his other businesses. Hopefully he dies in the same fire as Abramovich.

We don't want to play in the Borough of Newham. We do though have atleast 60000 fans waiting to watch us every home game and need a stadium to accodate.

Once the politicians learn to keep their beaks out of football we'll get a new stadium on home turf and Wet Spam supporters can be left to play half time hide 'n' seek in the vast empty spaces of the Olympic stadium on matchday. :D

We might have found a site at Tottenham Hale so we'll have to see.

I was going to make a joke about the coincidence of West Ham and Tottenham both being in games ending 1-4, but City had to go and ruin it, LOL.

If only you had mate, if only you had. What a laugh that would have been......:whistling::rolleyes:

Edited by carmine

I was going to make a joke about the coincidence of West Ham and Tottenham both being in games ending 1-4, but City had to go and ruin it, LOL.

If only you had mate, if only you had. What a laugh that would have been......:whistling::rolleyes:

Well I wouldn't expect a spud to enjoy it, but then this is the West Ham thread. And having grown up around spuds fans, I know not to bother swapping banter with them.

The wally with the brolly taking a pasting from your lot....must be a certain spirit of '66 satisfaction in that I reckon......

West Ham won the world cup for us.....did'nt you know? :rolleyes:

Only for Peters to disgrace himself a couple of seasons later.

• 2 weeks later...

The wally with the brolly taking a pasting from your lot....must be a certain spirit of '66 satisfaction in that I reckon......

West Ham won the world cup for us.....did'nt you know? :rolleyes:

Only for Peters to disgrace himself a couple of seasons later.

So much bitterness.

Where's Singhers ?

Taking a sabatical. He was really freaked out by the Liverpool thread and the Moneyball thing and the sabermetrics stuff! He thought Comolli was being given credit for enticing quality young players to play for one of the most prestigeous clubs in the world and paying their former clubs huge amounts over the odds to get them to sell. Transfer dealings that my next door neighbours pet hamster would be capable of pulling off. Sorry, i digress

Where's Singhers ?

Taking a sabatical. He was really freaked out by the Liverpool thread and the Moneyball thing and the sabermetrics stuff! He thought Comolli was being given credit for enticing quality young players to play for one of the most prestigeous clubs in the world and paying their former clubs huge amounts over the odds to get them to sell. Transfer dealings that my next door neighbours pet hamster would be capable of pulling off. Sorry, i digress

That's interesting. I thought it was cos they got relegated.

Where's imola then? One visit to the Lower League Thread then he disappeared. I guess it must be cold down there....poor old Wet Spam eh! biggrin.gif

Where's Singhers ?

Where's imola then? One visit to the Lower League Thread then he disappeared. I guess it must be cold down there....poor old Wet Spam eh! biggrin.gif

He'll be back next season and so will we. Just have to get past the filthy scum of Bermondsey next week and we should be top by the end of the month.

Where's Singhers ?

He'll be back next season and so will we. Just have to get past the filthy scum of Bermondsey next week and we should be top by the end of the month.

Aye you had a decent result yesterday.

Aye you had a decent result yesterday.

Still not playing that fluidly. With the players we have, we shouldn't be letting in 3 at home. We've also conceded after 89 mins in all 4 competitive home games. The (real) pikeys next week are a big potential stumbling block.

• 3 weeks later...

Exciting times to be a Hammer.

The half time entertainment does leave something to be desired.

You could take pictures like that at any ground in the country.

:D Really? Whats it going to be like when you are incumbent in the olympic stadium? Large, empty open spaces..... Still, plenty of leg room for the fans...:lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Yes Carmine but they are installing a dog track so they can watch the whippets simultaneously if the football is not up to scratch.

Back in the big time next year new stadium to boot all is looking good and soon you just know Mr Singh will be back on here like he has never been away biggrin.gif

I think renting is the better option.. Not just for us, but all round.

It also neatly negates the rival bidders complaints. Just a shame it's all happening as an afterthought instead of in the original planning when there was more money to throw around.

I haven't seen the plans for the intended changes to the stadium, but with moveable stands at the end and the promised cheaper tickets, it could still be a good place to watch football. Was at Wembley on Saturday which also has a gap between the fans and the pitch, and it wasn't that bad.

Plus I'll be glad as hell never to have to use Upton Park station on matchday again.

It also neatly negates the rival bidders complaints. Just a shame it's all happening as an afterthought instead of in the original planning when there was more money to throw around.

I haven't seen the plans for the intended changes to the stadium, but with moveable stands at the end and the promised cheaper tickets, it could still be a good place to watch football. Was at Wembley on Saturday which also has a gap between the fans and the pitch, and it wasn't that bad.

Plus I'll be glad as hell never to have to use Upton Park station on matchday again.

Will the Boleyn be moved brick by brick then? biggrin.gif

Will the Boleyn be moved brick by brick then? biggrin.gif

The pub? I'm sure it will be sadly missed by many. Just not me.

For all my happy memories of UP, it does make sense to go if it's to a new stadium with better transport.