Boss says sorry for slapping employee - but only after he is caught on CCTV

webfact

Boss says sorry for slapping employee - but only after he is caught on CCTV

p1.jpg

Picture: Thai News Agency

SUPHANBURI: -- The boss of a local government office has appeared at a news conference with tears in his eyes to say sorry for slapping a female underling.

But only after the case came to light after several weeks when CCTV footage was put online.

In the meantime, the woman who was assaulted has lost her job and pay and intends to follow the matter through in the courts.

The CCTV footage at an agricultural society office in Suphanburi was recorded on November 16th but only came to light in the last couple of days causing a stir on social media, reports Thai News Agency.

In the video a man referred to as "the president" of the society is grumbling and agitated. Then a pointing bout breaks out and he strikes out at a woman. A fellow employee intervenes to prevent further fighting.

The man who hit the woman was named as Phadon Embanthit, 57, and appeared yesterday at a press conference organized by the district chief of Dan Chang, Suphanburi.

He said he was stressed at the time and since the CCTV footage came out that stress has only got worse. Now he said he was terribly sorry for what he had done.

Though he still said in mitigation that he was "challenged" by the "other party" involved.

That "other party" is 33 year old Nantharat Thanyacharoen who said she had lost her job in that office and been moved on elsewhere. She said she had lost pay and was seeking justice.

She had already reported the matter to police and the case was going to court. 

She made no comment about who had put the clip online.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-09

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another superhero Thai man in action here. And on cue with some nice wai's and crocodile tears too for good measure.. Textbook Thainess.. I wonder how this one will play out in court. I am guessing the court date will be brought forward from 2023 now that social media has got wind of it.

A disgusting, cowardly individual. Hope the court hammers him

He asked her why she dared him to hit her. In other words, he was showing her that he dared or that he would not have done so if she hadn't dared him. I think they misquoted his age. Perhaps 5.7 years old.

He should be fired.

It's about time the entire male population of this country is forced to participate in a crash course to instill into them the 21st century value of gender equality and pry them off their patriarch-feudalistic high seats. And while we're at it, conduct a parallel course for employers to acquaint them with the concept that they are no longer semi-gods who can treat their subordinates like slaves and expect to get away with it unpunished.

Gosh, sometimes I really feel like this country has missed the social courtesy train on so many levels. "Thainess" is nothing but a sham touted in glossy tourism publications and pushed as a ruse to protect the status quo of local chauvinists who think they're so much better than the rest and demanding that everybody kowtow to them in humiliating deference at all times.  

So, is this fine example of Thai manhood still in charge of that office?  He is the one who should be fired and prevented from ever working again in any position where he is 'in charge' of others.

The ONLY reason this scumbag is sorry, is because he has been outed.  Saying you're sorry and a wai just does not cut it.  Fire the SOB, and relieve him of all benefits.

There are some delightful people in this country. One of the real pleasures of living here is many of the people you meet.

There are also some absolute *****, often found amongst those in a position of authority.

5 minutes ago, impulse said:

Give it a rest.  This kind of thing went on for hundreds of years before the coup, and it will continue long after the kleptocrats grab back their power.  Like they have after every coup.

It should not be tolerated in a civil society, regardless of who is in power. If an example is needed, so be it !!!

He has apparently resigned.

He is 57. He has been at the hair dye and perhaps other treatments. It is common for older Thai males working in the public sector to go to lengths to have a full head of black hair with no balding or greying.

He says he was under stress due to his daughter's wedding.

3 hours ago, z42 said:

Another superhero Thai man in action here. And on cue with some nice wai's and crocodile tears too for good measure.. Textbook Thainess.. I wonder how this one will play out in court. I am guessing the court date will be brought forward from 2023 now that social media has got wind of it.

A disgusting, cowardly individual. Hope the court hammers him

How can you say this man is a man....

16 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

He has apparently resigned.

He is 57. He has been at the hair dye and perhaps other treatments. It is common for older Thai males working in the public sector to go to lengths to have a full head of black hair with no balding or greying.

He says he was under stress due to his daughter's wedding.

May not you know that most employees or rather people who receive a salary sheet in Thailand are co-opted people.....

Kudos to that woman for standing up to him. Now if only the rest of the Thai female population would do the same, and come to the realization that the Thai male must not be coddled like a demi-god from the day he is born until he dies. 

This type of thing (as well as beating woman and children) happens all too often here. They need to start dishing out real punishment for these offenses if they ever hope to turn it around. A re-examination of the pampering of (particularly male) kids is probably also in order. 

Agricultural society office or Agricultural co-operative is most corrupt office of Thailand with rice schemes.

They are having hand-in-hand with local politicians and taken millions of baht.

This guys must have done something fishy about it, and they normally recruit temporary staff to hide their crime.

He should be dismissed from job and put in jail, also should cut-off the pension.

LOOOL !  
I have been hitted by the grand-mother of my child with a wood stick on the head. 
Then later, on the legs...
And, my ex-wife, the mother of our child, throw scissors to the back of my head....
When I go to the police to tell the story....they just say they don't want to get involved in family case, and we should go to the court about the child.... However, my ex-wife has been to the police to complain that I had Assaulted her (which is actually the opposite)...and the police man contact me by Facebook to say that he will make the complain if I don't come to the police station...
So when I see that video and that the man has so much "problem" only for a slap....it makes me smile... ( it doesn't mean that I agree with this violence, of course)

What a bunch of wimps these so called men are. To scared to stand up to a man so they pick on a woman. I had one apology for a man try to be nasty with my wife. I told him if has anything to say to say it to me. Strangely enough he disappeared without saying a word.

DELETED

Edited by seedy
Derogatory

Quote : He said he was stressed at the time and since the CCTV footage came out that stress has only got worse.

Good ! I hope it gets even worse for this macho f*ckwit.

I hate the Big Brother aspect of all these CCTV cams all over the place but I must admit they sometimes serve a purpose.

Edited by Yann55