Rape of Aussie tourist in Bangkok: More details emerge as hunt for Thai rapists intensifies

snoop1130

Young woman, tourist or traveler, should learn some

rules  before coming to Thailand or anywhere. 1. do not

get too drunk, unless you are in a group that you can

trust.  If you travel alone, be careful and very cautious,

or wear a modern style, rape proof depends, or carry a

mini  Uzi. I hope this young woman will be a bit wiser in

the future, and realize  that  she  is  lucky to still be

alive.

Geezer

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, cyberfarang said:

It appeared to me in the video, if the girl is the one being dragged about by the Farlang? That she was as drunk as a skunk, meaning stinko, not having a clue what`s she`s doing or what`s happening to her. I would guess that on the night being in the state she was in, the girl would had been easy prey and I doubt she could have remembered which guys raped her or how many of them were involved, although the video has convinced me she was definitely raped. But on the other hand I find it difficult to have any sympathy for her, letting herself get into that condition, when to be honest, it was probably first come, first served due to her vulnerability. 

I probably take some stick for my comments but sorry this is the way I see the situation.

Victim blaming is a repulsive thing to do. 

2 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

It's only for the good of tourists to emphasize that it's not smart to be bar hopping and getting drunk out of your mind in a foreign country especially if alone.

Your parents will tell you this and your Australian embassy will tell you this. No harm in emphasizing this fact to future visitors.

And what advise should parents give to rapist scum who prey on the vulnerable who have done nothing wrong?

And what advise should parents give to rapist scum who prey on the vulnerable who have done nothing wrong?

The parents can only hope for some law and Justice....nothing else.

So, it should be emphasized even more that getting drunk in Thailand and bar hopping at 3am for a single female is a dangerous thing to do.

It appeared to me in the video, if the girl is the one being dragged about by the Farlang? That she was as drunk as a skunk, meaning stinko, not having a clue what`s she`s doing or what`s happening to her. I would guess that on the night being in the state she was in, the girl would had been easy prey and I doubt she could have remembered which guys raped her or how many of them were involved, although the video has convinced me she was definitely raped. But on the other hand I find it difficult to have any sympathy for her, letting herself get into that condition, when to be honest, it was probably first come, first served due to her vulnerability. 
I probably take some stick for my comments but sorry this is the way I see the situation.

How does the video convince you she was raped?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

2 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

The parents can only hope for some law and Justice....nothing else.

So, it should be emphasized even more that getting drunk in Thailand and bar hopping at 3am for a single female is a dangerous thing to do.

No, that is not the question I asked. 

So let me repeat. 

What advise should parents give to  their rapist scum offspring who prey upon vulnerable woman who have done nothing wrong?

The victim did nothing wrong and blaming her for this assault is wrong. 

So let me repeat. 

What advise should parents give to  their rapist scum offspring who prey upon vulnerable woman who have done nothing wrong?

I politely avoided your "question" because it doesn't make any sense.

No one is blaming the victim. Stop putting words into people's mouth.

11 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

I politely avoided your "question" because it doesn't make any sense.

No one is blaming the victim. Stop putting words into people's mouth.

They are your words and the question makes perfect sense.

On 12/10/2016 at 0:12 AM, Thaiwrath said:

The only thing they can prove is that whether intercourse took place, how can they prove rape ?

Maybe pissed, consented, then changed her mind.

It would not be the first alleged rape case in the world. 

You're kidding. Have you read the story. Looked at where it happened. Pitiful.

8 minutes ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

They are not my words and question doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Oh dear...

You have plenty of advise for the parents of the victim of this rape in terms of how she should have behaved [AKA victim blaming}

Yet you have none for the parents of the rapist to give to their offspring.

Now again, what advise should the parents of scum who rape give their children?

Edited by Bluespunk

9 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Oh dear...

You have plenty of advise for the parents of the victim of this rape in terms of how she should have behaved [AKA victim blaming}

maybe you could tell us what answer you want?

I would say life is about choices

err and you are punished

11 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Oh dear...

The parents of the woman are farang / English speakers. The parents of the rapist(s) are Thai. Your ranting makes no sense.

2 minutes ago, seahorse said:

The parents of the woman are farang / English speakers. The parents of the rapist(s) are Thai. Your ranting makes no sense.

Dear Lord...

What should the parents of a rapist piece of filth give to their scumbag offspring? [choice of language should be the one used in the family}

Edited by Bluespunk

41 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

So let me repeat. 

If she was your daughter would you be satisfied with the way she has behaved ? She may have done nothing wrong in the legal sense but she showed a lack of decorum and put herself unnecessarily in danger, not just tipsy or merrily drunk but out of her tiny mind in an area that could be used to film animal kingdom 3. Yes, that doesn't mean she was 'fair game' but we live in the real world. My daughter and my step daughters would never have acted in this way because they have been brought up to have self respect, the Australian woman has shown remarkably little. For some she was flashing the sign,'don't wake, me take me'. 

1 minute ago, soalbundy said:

If she was your daughter would you be satisfied with the way she has behaved ? She may have done nothing wrong in the legal sense but she showed a lack of decorum and put herself unnecessarily in danger, not just tipsy or merrily drunk but out of her tiny mind in an area that could be used to film animal kingdom 3. Yes, that doesn't mean she was 'fair game' but we live in the real world. My daughter and my step daughters would never have acted in this way because they have been brought up to have self respect, the Australian woman has shown remarkably little. For some she was flashing the sign,'don't wake, me take me'. 

Advise should be given but not to the victim after a rape has taken place.

That is victim blaming.

Edited by Bluespunk

2 minutes ago, AGareth2 said:

oh, if you are going to ask personal questions of other people then you must be open to questions regarding your self

that is only fair unless you are a hypocrite

What personal questions did I ask about your or anyone else's family?

PS: How did the victim of this rape err?

Edited by Bluespunk

2 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Advise should be given but not to the victim after a rape has taken place.

That is victim blaming.

I think any court of law,and even the parents would say that a certain proportion of blame lies with her. At 21 she is regarded as an adult which means she should act like one, we aren't talking here about a 15 year old who has momentarily gone of the rails, this woman comes from a country with a rampant drink culture,she should know her limits.

Just now, soalbundy said:

I think any court of law,and even the parents would say that a certain proportion of blame lies with her. At 21 she is regarded as an adult which means she should act like one, we aren't talking here about a 15 year old who has momentarily gone of the rails, this woman comes from a country with a rampant drink culture,she should know her limits.

No blame lies with the victim of this crime.

5 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

If you drive a car irresponsibly without due care and attention and have an accident you are to blame.

If you get a hangover from drinking you are to blame. 

The only person to blame in the case of rape are the scum who rape. 

The victim is not to blame. 

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

All i can say is if that was my daughter i would blame her and myself for failing to bring her up in a correct manner

32 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Dear Lord...

What should the parents of a rapist piece of filth give to their scumbag offspring? [choice of language should be the one used in the family}

This is a forum for expats who speak English, dude. Stop getting your knickers in a twist.

Many people are just making an observation regarding unsafe activities in Thailand.

If a 70 year guy marries a bargirl and her brother stabs him to death many will blame the "stupid" falang for getting involved with such a woman.

No one is blaming the victim here. Just stating the obvious regarding reality. Kinda like riding a motorbike without helmet, not using protection, etc, etc....

31 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

People like Bluespunk don't live in the real world. I don't need to give advice to my sons not to rape. They don't need that advice because they have been brought up with a moral code. To suggest that men need to be given specific advice by their parents not to rape is nonsensical and typical of today's feminised men.

What I would advise them to do is not to get so drunk (especially alone) in a foreign country that they could get into trouble. And doubly so for my daughters.

14 hours ago, sweatalot said:

Yes, I doubt this woman's story. She might not know the truth. The reason for being drunk and passing out - and being a willing victim -might not be what she thinks -the drinks she consumed

It might be some knock out drug put into her drink by others with  evil intention

But on the other hand I doubt every woman's story of being raped - if she or the police cannot prove it.

Pretending to be raped is a dangerous and sometimes fatal weapon that allows every woman to bring innocent men into prison and destroy their life. So if she cannot prove it it is no rape. If it can be proved that she lied she has to go to prison. If she can prove it - the rapist has to get punished. 

Unfortunately the law seems to believe every woman's rape story and does not even try to investigate if there a proofs for the womans's allegation or if the man might be innocent.

In the UK most women'seeking claimso of rape are proved false when tried in court by a judge and jury.