Water prices in Pattaya moo bans

ross163103

Just curious as to what people are paying for water in private moo bans in Pattaya. My water price was around 12 baht m3 for many many years then it doubled overnight to 25 baht m3.  We have numerous wells around the estate that provide the water. I'm not a cheapskate and can afford the 300-400 a month I pay but it seems kind of high to me. Thanks in advance for any reasonable/intelligent responses. 

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Unfortunately if your property is in Company name as a farang you will be charged the large company tariff despite your house being residential with only two people living there! 

That's right. I pay 353.10 every month (including VAT) for an allowance of 15 m3. If I use less than 15 m3, I still pay 353.10

Who would like my bill, last one is 765.26 must have a leak somewhere, but if that was the case you would think the meter would never stop.

I have actually seen it running in the right direction, then stop and go into reverse, perhaps it is a meter problem and not a leak.

Just where on the water bill is the Unit Cost, I can't seem to see it ??

2 minutes ago, Pungdo said:

Who would like my bill, last one is 765.26 must have a leak somewhere, but if that was the case you would think the meter would never stop.

I have actually seen it running in the right direction, then stop and go into reverse, perhaps it is a meter problem and not a leak.

Just where on the water bill is the Unit Cost, I can't seem to see it ??

You need to look on the PWA website : https://en.pwa.co.th/contents/service/tableprice

The unit cost actually varies, depending on the amount you use.  10.2 Baht/unit for the first ten units and more expensive thereafter.  There's a standing charge of 30 Baht/month, whether you use any water or not.

8 hours ago, tropo said:

That's right. I pay 353.10 every month (including VAT) for an allowance of 15 m3. If I use less than 15 m3, I still pay 353.10

I am also paying this amount as a minimum per month. House is in a Thai name with a swimming pool. Doesn't seem consistent with the Table on the website. Am I large business or state enterprise?!

Ive not got the bill to hand,but we share a meter with the wife's two sisters.We have the usual European bungalow type house.Two showers,one basin,washing machine(used twice a week) Outside taps etc.Our water is usually about 450/500 baht a month for all of u.It did go to 800 baht last month,but that was because one sister laid a new patio and used more water for mixing cement,But we all still paid a third. Swing's and roundabouts,dontcha know.

13 hours ago, ross163103 said:

We have numerous wells around the estate that provide the water. 

This quote from the OP suggests that the village has its own water supply.

Maybe the water bills are issued by the moo baan and the proceeds used for village maintenance costs, as an alternative to increasing the annual maintenance fee.

1 hour ago, bkkbarnstormer said:

I am also paying this amount as a minimum per month. House is in a Thai name with a swimming pool. Doesn't seem consistent with the Table on the website. Am I large business or state enterprise?!

The townhouse I rent is owned by a foreigner under a corporate structure and we pay category 3: state enterprise & large business. The townhouse adjoining mine is owned by a Thai and they pay category 1: Residential.

3 of us washing machine on nearly every day twin tub. two shower rooms  We all have at least two showers a day sometimes mote wifes hairdressing buisness. 5 outside taps water garden every night now last bill 240 bht. 

To answer op question seems you get well water supplied by your moo ban so they can charge what they like.

Edited by Deepinthailand

47 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

3 of us washing machine on nearly every day twin tub. two shower rooms  We all have at least two showers a day sometimes mote wifes hairdressing buisness. 5 outside taps water garden every night now last bill 240 bht. 

To answer op question seems you get well water supplied by your moo ban so they can charge what they like.

So you use about 18m3 a month? That's fairly light use for a family.

34 minutes ago, tropo said:

So you use about 18m3 a month? That's fairly light use for a family.

We use as much as we need we don't skimp plus all the water used in shop. highest bill we have had is when filling tanks for first time. Usualy work out between 200 bht and 300 bht pm. Funny just this minute had this month's bill done 290 bht. 19 units used from last time

Edited by Deepinthailand

14 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

We as as much as we need we don't skimp plus all the water used in shop. highest bill we have had is when filling tanks for first time. Usualy work out between 20 bht and 300 bht pm.

I was querying it because two of us go through 14 - 15m3 a month at only 1 shower a day and no more than 2 loads of washing a week - and no garden. I hose the carport no more than once a week and water some potted plants when dry. 

8 minutes ago, tropo said:

I was querying it because two of us go through 14 - 15m3 a month at only 1 shower a day and no more than 2 loads of washing a week - and no garden. I hose the carport no more than once a week and water some potted plants when dry. 

No idea there as I say don't skimp use as required. sure you haven't got a leak?I don't know how to convert units used to this m3 thing.

2 minutes ago, Deepinthailand said:

20161210_162022.jpg

That 19,000 below the date is litres used, which is 19 cubic metres of water or 19m3.

I don't really care about my consumption too much because I always pay a minimum of 353.10, the corporate rate. If I go over 15 m3 I pay a bit more, but that's rare.

Many seem to be getting off quite lightly. We have our own well but that is not free, 2 years ago I had to install a new pump at 10K baht. This year the well run out before the rain came and I had to buy water for the garden, I have a stored supply of rain water that bridged the gap on the house. We fetched the water for the garden ourselves at a cost of 70 baht a cubic metre.

Many of our neighbours have no supply and have all water delivered at 100 baht a cubic metre.