Pheu Thai’s existence ‘threatened by new law’

rooster59

2 hours ago, baboon said:

I don't agree with you on all that much, but I do have to come out in your defence in so far as yes, you have indeed criticised the junta on a good few occasions.

As this article is mainly about comments from PTP leaders, do you have any comments on them?

It seems they are protesting at not being allowed to "sell" positions in any cabinet when they control the government and worry that "their leader" may be punished - presumably if any law is applied retrospectively.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

Anyway I have yet to see you ever say something bad about the PTP while I have often called the current mob the last bad (meaning they are bad too just the least bad choice at the moment)

Robblok,  there was no "choice" about the existence of the "current mob".  You seem to have forgotten they used guns and tanks to remove a democratically-elected government to gain their authority. Having once stolen it, what is your reaction when you hear their spokesmen talking about concepts like democracy?

40 minutes ago, sandemara said:

Robblok,  there was no "choice" about the existence of the "current mob".  You seem to have forgotten they used guns and tanks to remove a democratically-elected government to gain their authority. Having once stolen it, what is your reaction when you hear their spokesmen talking about concepts like democracy?

I did not forget why it happened, because T wanted an amnesty, people came out to protests.. and the rest is history. I am not sure getting a convicted criminal free with many court cases pending is.. Democracy either. So .. no matter who.. its not democracy it never was here.

Well mr. surapong surely your not surprised given the unethical and immoral games, trick, antics (including your own specific actions) your party has pulled in the past.

Your party is a big contributor to why the current guys are trying to force politics into another picture with lots of serious controls.

Here's a question for you mr. surapong, when will you be in jail for your blatant and no hesitation breaking of passport laws? 

1 minute ago, Eric Loh said:

For once I agree with you. Democracy was never here because the military keep breaking it up. 

I give other reasons.. the democratic goverments only get voted in then forget all rules and laws (like voting for others, sending the other MP's back telling voting is tomorrow, giving amnesty to their leader, ect). By doing so they just don't uphold democracy. They just get into power and do whatever they want and forget about all rules. Just as bad as the military getting in power. 

2 hours ago, sandemara said:

Another deflector on the job - failed!

2 hours ago, greenchair said:

So how hard would it be to frame someone up for breaking this law. 

Quite easy, considering the person that buys the position is not going to recieve the death penalty. 

Death penalty for taking a bribe is seriously over the top. 

The reality is that 'framing' people is probably very easy, and unethical folks everywhere will try it if it suits their goals.

Bottom line - start with strong laws and regulations.

Different point - IMHO there's one further item missing in the new laws and regulations - make it illegal for politicians to jump from one party to another in less than say 2 years.

27 minutes ago, scorecard said:

The reality is that 'framing' people is probably very easy, and unethical folks everywhere will try it if it suits their goals.

Bottom line - start with strong laws and regulations.

Different point - IMHO there's one further item missing in the new laws and regulations - make it illegal for politicians to jump from one party to another in less than say 2 years.

In other countries, the MP must first resign his seat, before being allowed to do the jumping. Thus, he would not have any seat to sell.

48 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

I am sure I am right 18 times. 

And as always  you very conveniently miss why the military has interfered. On some occasions just power plays and in some cases nasty and violent purpose.

But in other cases it's because of nasty corrupt politicians gaining way too much control, all aimed at control and greed along with massive open corruption and the last pt government an obvious example.

But of course none so blind as those who don't want to see. 

Edited by scorecard

19 hours ago, robblok said:

Because they are also bad.. not as good as I had hoped. I still find it real bad that there is no investigation done about the nephew of the PM and his construction firm. I just see them as less bad, but that is a matter of perception. I just really dislike the PTP and Thaksin just like others dislike the junta. 

Its easy to discredit ANY government here because none of them are really clean. They are all shades of grey. 

Name any government in the world that's 100% clean ? None exist, but if they are elected the blame of these corrupt governments rest on the shoulders of those who elected them (voter/citizens). So in case of the junta which put themselves in power the blame of corruption rest on their shoulders. Now lets go through their highlights list of corrupt or potentially corrupt cases: the appointment of friends and family as advisers and personnel, corruption park, moving civil servants out of their posts without them doing anything wrong (remember what happened to YS when she did this, but S44 is a wonder wand), approving oil drilling blocks to unknown entities, approving massive transport project in a non transparent way (worth trillions), military involvement in human trafficking in the deep south (human trafficking camps was within 200 m of an army camp but only one army general got arrested, in the south there are roadblocks everywhere so how could tens of thousands of slaves be moved around without the army knowing??) and a new mineral law that will enable mining companies to steamroll over local communities etc etc.