Trump's criticism of Russia hacking claim could haunt him

webfact

1 minute ago, Rob13 said:

A shame it's happening after the election. Where was the action when both sides were crying foul during the campaign.. At this point anything done now  comes off as sour grapes rather than doing what needs to be done.

Well, water under the bridge.

I do think it's legitimate now for electors to be briefed on this.

They have every legal right not to vote for trump.

If they don't in enough numbers, it won't turn the election to Hillary Clinton, but would mean Pence would become president. 

For progressives, Pence is arguably worse than trump, but at least it would be a message to Putin and other hostile foreign powers trying to mess with U.S. elections in future to BACK OFF. 

On 12/13/2016 at 10:10 AM, retarius said:

This appears to be a fairly transparent attempt to delegitimize Trump before he takes office, and the FBI who are actually responsible for this affair have not supported the CIA's claim, and let's face it the CIA don't have the greatest track record of correct calls...Democratic electors are already asking for a full report to be issued before they elect Trump (which would delay the vote schedules for the 19th). I don't think he will suffer from saying what he has said. If he is able to secure his position I'm sure he'll oust those responsible for the report. His first 100 days are vitally important if he is ever to govern effectively. The American public seem not to like this sort of smear or obstructionist tactic, and it will backfire on Democrats who endorse it, as it did on Newt Gingrich when he shut down government, However, Trump is a narcissistic head case, and I doubt he can resist the opportunity to enrich himself and his family during his stay at the White House, so if you have some spare money find a bookie who will give you odds on him being impeached.

Gone in two

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

Not really.. It set a pretty bad precedent. Trump claiming it was rigged, HRC calling Russian involvement and nothing being done about it. Claims of cheating need to be handled as they arise not dismissed. Alot went wrong with this election, and it really needs to  be handled correctly and non-partisan.. Otherwise US elections will be another farce like 3rd world elections that need UN observers to watch over them.

41 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I do think it's legitimate now for electors to be briefed on this.

They have every legal right not to vote for trump.

If they don't in enough numbers, it won't turn the election to Hillary Clinton, but would mean Pence would become president. 

For progressives, Pence is arguably worse than trump, but at least it would be a message to Putin and other hostile foreign powers trying to mess with U.S. elections in future to BACK OFF. 

Actually, the courts said, at least in the case of Colorado, they don't have that right. It depends on what state laws say.

1 hour ago, Rob13 said:

A shame it's happening after the election. Where was the action when both sides were crying foul during the campaign.. At this point anything done now  comes off as sour grapes rather than doing what needs to be done.

I seem to remember reading they were afraid to do much as they didn't have enough info to go public (which based on the comments here, would have been a disaster) and they were afraid it'd be interpreted as them trying to influence the elections.  Danged if you do, danged if you don't.

10 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

I seem to remember reading they were afraid to do much as they didn't have enough info to go public (which based on the comments here, would have been a disaster) and they were afraid it'd be interpreted as them trying to influence the elections.  Danged if you do, danged if you don't.

IMHO, saying there's cheating going on in the election process is  along the lines of yelling "fire' in a crowded theater or saying 'bomb' on a plane. They- (iwhoever 'they' are)  should have called time out and investigated before continuing on with the campaign and definitely not allowed an election with allegations of rigging and Russian interference. And maybe filed some charges if anybody was  found to be making false accusations. Seems to me the whole process was handled  like no one really believed what anybody else was saying. 

Well it transpires that the hackers probably penetrated RNC and Trump computers as well.

It's one thing leaking documents to influence an election, but an entirely different one to be able to use the results to influence legislation.

This needs some serious bipartisan action, and anyone who bitterly opposes it may well fear that Putin has some real dirt on them.

Edited by Chicog

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Wooo Wooo here comes the Trump Train. Quote 

Republicans in congress playing along. unquote of course they are politics is like a high stakes game of poker and they hold all the cards.