Mineworker says he beat dog to death "out of kindness"

webfact

Mineworker says he beat dog to death "out of kindness"

p2.jpg

Picture: Sanook

SURAT THANI: -- A mineworker in Surat Thani has said that the fatal beating he handed out to a dog was an act of kindness.

Jakrin, 30, was arrested by local police after he was caught on CCTV taking a stick to the head of a dog at his place of work, reports Sanook.

Wiang Sa cops have charged him with animal abuse and cruelty that can carry a prison sentence of 2 years and a fine up to 200,000 baht.

But Jakrin told the police that the dog in question had been involved in a road accident and he was just putting the mutt out of its misery.

Animal lovers on the Watchdog Thailand fanpage pooh-poohed the pooch pounding saying that it was deliberate, premeditated and cruel. 

Most said that if Jakrin had wanted to do good he should have taken the dog for treatment at a vet's.

Jakrin is due in court today when a judge will decide what is to be done.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-13

"...the fatal beating he handed out to a dog was an act of kindness. "

The next thing he will want us to believe is that he rapes women so he can give them back their virginity.

Definitely a sicko who should not be allowed. around other living beings. 

I have put animals down before. It was always because I felt it the compassionate thing to do. 

I did not witness what this guy did, but I believe what he did may have been  compassionate.

What is repulsive is the vets in this country who refuse to euthanize animals that have no hope of recovery or suffer chronic pain..

I haven't seen the video, so its impossible to tell how severely injured the dog was. 

However, it would seem that this act was a very tough decision based out of pure compassion. 

Not many of us could act in such a decisive way and end a poor creatures suffering.

So, while some comments may imply that this man is barbaric and cruel, other comments may more accurately imply that his actions are compassionate and honourable in ending pain and suffering. 

If this mans actions are shown to be honourable in ending this animals pain and suffering his actions and tough choice should be commended. 

1 hour ago, canuckamuck said:

I have put animals down before. It was always because I felt it the compassionate thing to do. 

I did not witness what this guy did, but I believe what he did may have been  compassionate.

What is repulsive is the vets in this country who refuse to euthanize animals that have no hope of recovery or suffer chronic pain..

True! Vets here don't mind sewing up a dog or cat without painkillers, setting broken bones and the like....I've had to threaten local vets until they  knocked out an animal before doing surgery or suture work, Ive tried changing vets but there's something in their heads that say "it's only an animal, who cares?" It must be an "Asian" attitude?  :post-4641-1156693976::wai:

I would be happy to return the compliment and kill him with a piece of wood, so he did not need to go to court but only as an act of kindness, if he can do that to a dog imagine if it was a child that was struck by a car same treatment prescribed.   

I am one of those touchy-feely "animal people."   However, without knowing this man's back-story, we'll never know what his motives were.

Without knowing his history/context, I choose to believe he tried to end this animal's suffering.

"Taking hm to the vet" is a western conceit.

Has anyone tried to euthanize an animal here?  It's possible, but often met with resistance.

Kinda the same as hospice care here (although it does exist, juts like animal euthanasia).  Possible for farangs possibly, but not in the national mindset.

Unless we know this man to be a beast, I say we give him the benefit of the doubt.

I don't condone violence, and am generally very passive by nature, but I'd love to take a stick to this sick ******!

Maybe what he says is in fact true, but surely there are quicker, less painful and less more human ways of putting an injured creature to sleep.

9 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Warning, some viewers may find the video below upsetting

Its hard to judge the health of the dog from the clip isnt it? on one hand it didnt get up, on the other it wasn't yelping in pain and its tail was wagging...

He caught it just right, one hit.  I've witnessed similar - when I was a teen me and some buddies were riding a scramber on a half harvested field.  The farmers son (a friend) was combining and a fox got caught up in the blades.  It pretty much cut his snout off.  The fox was walking in circles whimpering in pain gushing blood.  The farmers son took a large tractor wrench to fox, and gawd, it just wouldnt die.  Took around 8 swings :sad:

Horrible to watch, but in that case, the right thing to do

16 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

And require further expensive treatment.

I don't believe the guy, a stick is not the best thing to put an animal out of its suffering.

The dog appears to sit up and wag it's tail so it appears even more simply an act of cruel elimination.

The results of these types of penalties will ensure that no will ever bother to put an animal down again; and you can be certain that most injured strays will never see a vet. So nearly every dog that gets hit by a car in Thailand, and there are many per day, can be certain of a painful lingering death.