2 Thai men killed after being hit by car driven by an Englishman

webfact

According to latest reports he was travelling at speed after pulling out of w resort junction and he was overtaking when he hit the bike.

How he couldn't know he hit something and stop seems impossible as the height of the dents is all the way up the front of the car , plus the noise it would make upon impact !

It is possible the bike was coming towards him with no lights or was in front off him after overtaking the car he was seemingly passing. Unless your car or truck has high beam on then you wouldn't see a bike with no back lights until last minute if travelling at speed or through heavily tinted windows.

I wonder if he kept going due to thinking he may get torn apart by a mob if he stopped at the initial collision.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Another Sherlock. We have gone from 'the guy admitted he had had a couple of drinks between 4pm-9pm' to "He was Drunk". It beggars belief really. We do not even know he was over the limit..

A guy drinking for five hours and not over the limit?? Maybe he likes his drink flat.

42 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

The BAC level in thailand is .05

5 beers is 5 hours would put me slightly over @ .054 according to this online calculator, not exactly well over the limit but over none the less.

bac.jpg

Any sensible person would not drink and drive at all, there is plenty of other transport.

1 minute ago, possum1931 said:

A guy drinking for five hours and not over the limit?? Maybe he likes his drink flat.

Whilst I dont doubt he was over the limit there is a big difference to being just over the limit to blind rotten drunk.

Its will be interesting to hear his BAC if there is any follow by the media .

Just now, Don Mega said:

Whilst I dont doubt he was over the limit there is a big difference to being just over the limit to blind rotten drunk.

Impaired is impaired, end of.

9 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Maybe a message to the many other farangs who drink and drive over here, thinking, if I get caught, I'll pay a fine and walk away.

It would be an automatic jail sentence in the West.

Yeah you are right...only farang drink and drive...

5 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

See my post #154.

Just now, Don Mega said:

oh ok so being slightly over the limit is the same as being legless drunk.....alrighty then.

When it comes to driving, impaired is impaired, as in:

Oh, I think there's something under my car, I'll just drive to Soi1 and stop there to see what it is..... oh frick me, it's a bike and two blokes!!!!

You try to rationalise the alcohol limit by suggesting one drink over is not as bad as twenty drinks over, where does that argument stop, two drinks over is OK, three drinks over is OK plus I'm a big bloke! A nonsensical and self servings argument.

Just now, chiang mai said:

When it comes to driving, impaired is impaired, as in:

Oh, I think there's something under my car, I'll just drive to Soi1 and stop there to see what it is..... oh frick me, it's a bike and two blokes!!!!

You try to rationalise the alcohol limit by suggesting one drink over is not as bad as twenty drinks over, where does that argument stop, two drinks over is OK, three drinks over is OK plus I'm a big bloke! A nonsensical and self servings argument.

Iam not trying to rationalise anything but you claiming being on the limit or slightly over is the same as being falling down rotten drunk is laughable at best.

Just now, Don Mega said:

Iam not trying to rationalise anything but you claiming being on the limit or slightly over is the same as being falling down rotten drunk is laughable at best.

You invented that analogy, not me, don't tell me you're suffering from short term memory loss!

5 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

You invented that analogy, not me, don't tell me you're suffering from short term memory loss!

.051 is over the limit drunk in Thailand yet well under the .08 limit of some other countries.

Yet you say someone who has a reading of .051 is impaired the same as someone that had been on a bender and has to crawl to their car.

Truly bizarre.

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

If you hit a motorbike you are almost 100% in the wrong according to Thai law, i got away with it once because a women pulled out in front of me without looking and had no driving license, no injuries but i had 80,000 Baht's worth of damage which she couldn't pay for despite the police trying to get money out of her.

what law is that then?

1 minute ago, Don Mega said:

.051 is over the limit drunk in Thailand yet well under the .08 limit of some other countries.

Yet you say someone who has a reading of .051 is impaired the same as someone that had been on a bender and has to crawl to their car.

Truly bizarre.

The laws of another country have nothing to do with the laws in Thailand, they are different because they are different countries (unless of course you think it's OK for you to abide by the laws of your home country whilst in Thailand, in which case, good luck and see you maybe when you come out).

And for the very last time, you introduced the idea that the effects of a bender are the same as a single drink, which part of post 161 was not clear?

Here it is again:

"When it comes to driving, impaired is impaired, as in:

You try to rationalise the alcohol limit by suggesting one drink over is not as bad as twenty drinks over, where does that argument stop, two drinks over is OK, three drinks over is OK plus I'm a big bloke! A nonsensical and self servings argument".

9 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

The laws of another country have nothing to do with the laws in Thailand, they are different because they are different countries (unless of course you think it's OK for you to abide by the laws of your home country whilst in Thailand, in which case, good luck and see you maybe when you come out).

And for the very last time, you introduced the idea that the effects of a bender are the same as a single drink, which part of post 161 was not clear?

Here it is again:

"When it comes to driving, impaired is impaired, as in:

You try to rationalise the alcohol limit by suggesting one drink over is not as bad as twenty drinks over, where does that argument stop, two drinks over is OK, three drinks over is OK plus I'm a big bloke! A nonsensical and self servings argument".

Good for you bro.

Ive just finished my 3rd beer in 3 hours,  should I walk to my car or crawl as according to you my blood alcohol level is the equivalent of falling over blind rotten drunk .

Hmmmm, decisions decisions.

Anywho its been fun chatting but there is a bottle of scotch that needs to consumed whilst I fire up the BBQ, tootle pip.

Ahhh- the usual irrelevant rhetoric about Hi-Sos and the ever so tedious 'farang automatically guilty' comments. Do some people EVER change the record?

I was once told that when abroad one should act as an ambassador for one's country- things like drink driving hardly go towards fulfilling that prophecy. The attitude of some  in that 'I got away with and only paid 20k' leaves a lot to be desired and you did NOT get away with it.

I do not drink and drive and will not get in a vehicle with someone (any 'foreigner) who has been drinking over here (not that I include taxi drivers in that as I hope they are not under the influence) . For people who say 'yeah right' I mean even a single beer and have stuck to that for over ten years in Thailand.

I am able to co-ordinate my drinking habits in such a way to make drink driving irrelevant- why can't others? On occasion it has an effect on my social life but life is more important to me than killing someone ore ending up in prison.

Some people may say how pious and pompous I am but I don't care. At least 3 lives are over in this case- will people ever learn?

I agree,that he was totally out of order,he was pissed up and caused an accident and deserves what is coming to him.But isnt it strange how they tested him for drugs and alcohol in such a quick time.Ive read many times about Thais that arent tested for days.Like the bimbo that caused the accident last month,or the rich car owners son who went into the monastery.

One rule for thais,one rule for us.

34 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

Good for you bro.

Ive just finished my 3rd beer in 3 hours,  should I walk to my car or crawl as according to you my blood alcohol level is the equivalent of falling over blind rotten drunk .

Hmmmm, decisions decisions.

Anywho its been fun chatting but there is a bottle of scotch that needs to consumed whilst I fire up the BBQ, tootle pip.

I hope your IQ is higher than your blood alcohol level and much better than your reading ability, frankly I somehow doubt it is!

1 hour ago, Vermor said:

Yeah you are right...only farang drink and drive...

Where did I say that only farang drink and drive ?

You can get assistance for reading difficulties.

Here is a farang, who, because of his disdain of the law, has destroyed numerous lives, his own included.

Would he have done the same in Liverpool ? I very much doubt it. 

10 hours ago, z42 said:

As much as i support the authorities bringing drink drivers to task, I only wish the courts had a standard to be applied across the board. 

Jenphop is in court now (lenient / negliible punishment expected). Chiang mai lady who killed 3 cyclists got a complete pass, and the redbull @$$#ole is unarrestable for the next 12 years.

I don't see why some should walk and others get hammered in court and the justice system is allowed to have any credibility above say, a kangaroo court

Exactly,  and the South African girl who was raped? A couple of apologies, and a small fine.

Don't forget 'Moo Ham' and the Porsche driver who drove for kms with a severed torso of his victim...in the passenger seat! 

It's like when guys on here say, 'oh so bad things don't happen in other countries'. It's not that they don't happen...it's about how they are dealt with by the 'authorities'. Mind you that US Ivy League rapist got off easily...

Archived