2 Thai men killed after being hit by car driven by an Englishman

webfact

10 hours ago, Strange said:

It sucks but the story is entirely one sided. 

I just want to know HOW he hit the motorbike. Did it pull out in front of him? Driving the wrong way with head lights off? I mean in the picture FRONT of the motorbike is up under the front of the truck.

He will be strung up by the nuts for drinking and killing 2 thais as a foreigner, unless he can pay off the families, and they are surely gonna look at his foreigner self and that new white truck before coming up with a number. He won't do much jail time, as it does not 'benefit' the families for him to rot in prison and pay them nothing. Ill bet he's shittin bricks right now. 

He should not have been drinking thats for sure, as another poster said, seems to be a bit of a tit as well, but dang, that crowd was looking to lynch the sucker. 

As another poster said as well, this kinda thing is what worries me about driving here. Idiots galore and lynch mobs ready to string you up because "This is Tai-lan" 

Some people say "As a forgnier you are always wrong" and thats not necessarily true, but as a Foreigner you are MORE WRONG than a Thai. 

"He told police that he knew he had hit ‘something’, but had no idea that it was a motorbike "

Should you not think how he was driving?

"Some people say "As a forgnier you are always wrong" and thats not necessarily true, but as a Foreigner you are MORE WRONG than a Thai."

Your comments have the same above tone.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if the foreigner was sober as a judge he is still vulnerable to the anger and outrage of the Thai lynch mob wanting to exact revenge.

I guess he will have to Wai everyone profusely and admit his guilt and confess his sins in front of a monk and join a Buddhist monastery... that is, after he negotiates a price.

Cheers

10 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

One of my biggest fears of driving here....hitting a motor bike and being in the wrong....

As being farang we will always be in the wrong.thai judges have paid to have the power and they get super face from banging up white scum.they are the most racial people I've come across and don't even know what racism is.they hate everyone including their own.just last month,big boss announced Thais should learn to get along...money is god here and life ain't that important.rip to the dead people and it doesn't matter who's fault it was,it's the Thai way.im retired in the deepest part of issan and nothing surprises me anymore.if I ran over a carcass of a man I wouldn't give a thought about it apart from blood up my car.its part of going native.ive just noticed I said carcass instead of body or remains.see I'm a good apple gone bad.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

2 Thai men killed after being hit by car driven by an Englishman

Re write: Two foreigners killed after being hit by car driven by a Thai.

Would they publish the name of the Thai driver.?

Would they say the Thai driver was at fault (as this article clearly states the person from England is) ?

Would or will the justice be the same?

8 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Would they say the Thai driver was at fault (as this article clearly states the person from England is) ?

8 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

Hmmm, are you defending the actions of the car driver?

A Farang at fault.

No doubt we will see the "Thai-Justice System" at work now. Had he been Thai and rich, the whole thing would have been very different.

But what and idiot to drink and drive! And RIP to the two dead guys...

Interesting to see many of the replies here.
But I can't help but think how horrible I'd feel if I was in the wrong, regardless of BAC levels, me being farang, they being Thai, or anything else... just wrong, and KILLED 2 people! Who cares who is Thai and who is farang? I sure wouldn't. Two people are dead....
I don't think I'd be worried much about how much I'd be sued for. What can replace two people? It is incredibly sad.
I wouldn't drive if I had a beer within the last 2 hours! It's just not worth it. The question would be in your mind for the rest of your life... would I have done something even just slightly differently if I had no alcohol in my system and 2 human beings may still be here today except for me?
Tragic

So many posts I could reply to but not knowing the facts, I can't make a valid judgement. I just want to add one thing; If this happened in UK, whether it was a Thai, a Martian, a clever chimpanzee or a native, they would all be treated exactly the same and that is one thing no one can say about what happens here. He is *****d. 

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Where did I say that only farang drink and drive ?

You can get assistance for reading difficulties.

Here is a farang, who, because of his disdain of the law, has destroyed numerous lives, his own included.

Would he have done the same in Liverpool ? I very much doubt it. 

What I mean is that there are also thai people driving reckless and drunk .... not only Farang...bad choice of words...not bad reading... Yes he would do the same in Liverpool, does Liverpool have drunk drivers ?! I think so...it s everywhere in the world that some people ( not only farang) break the laws...

Just now, little mary sunshine said:

Should be "Double Murder"

Do you see the difference between "Murder" as something done intentionally, and OP was not intentional?

He's hardly a "Murderer!!"

Hes a lot of other stuff, but not that. 

14 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

One of my biggest fears of driving here....hitting a motor bike and being in the wrong....

I've been driving a car for 5 years in Thailand , completely sober!!  And never been involved in accidents , I have been driving in Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin and Chiang Mai .  

Staying sober will help you to avoid bikes and think , and driving carefully. Drunk driving is the worst problem on the roads here. 

44 minutes ago, Strange said:

Do you see the difference between "Murder" as something done intentionally, and OP was not intentional?

This should be consider as degree murder and put him behind bars for 20 years up. When you drink and drive such a big car and kill someone it is a murder. Imagine he said I understood I hit something but didn't know what. It show the level of alchohol in his body. 

5 hours ago, mrfaroukh said:

I don't understand why is here so many Brits drinking so much that all the time they either have accidents or pick up fight for no reason. It has happen to me at least 20 times that some Brits try to pick up fight with me. In fact the latest was just 3 days back.

It maybe something to do with you, rather than their state of inebriation ?

2 hours ago, Strange said:

Anyone that "intentionally " gets behind the wheel

of a vehicle  DRUNK, and kills two innocent people

is a MURDERER.... Laws can and should be changed

to refelect this!!

12 hours ago, Thaidream said:

I . I was in the auto accident investigation unit for a large insurance company in the US and these type of accident investigations are complicated.  Driving while intoxicated does not affect the liability coverage and if they refused the case would be settled either in court or through arbitration.  

I find that hard to believe. " Driving while intoxicated does not affect liability coverage". ???????!!!!!!!!!

18 hours ago, z42 said:

As much as i support the authorities bringing drink drivers to task, I only wish the courts had a standard to be applied across the board. 

Jenphop is in court now (lenient / negliible punishment expected). Chiang mai lady who killed 3 cyclists got a complete pass, and the redbull @$$#ole is unarrestable for the next 12 years.

I don't see why some should walk and others get hammered in court and the justice system is allowed to have any credibility above say, a kangaroo court

5 hours drinking, yes probably pissed, as are many expats I see that drink and drive in a state ,on bikes and cars every day.

However this was a head to head , and the bike could have been driving the wrong way on the wrong side of the road with no lights.

No excuse either for drunk driving ,however if he had of been sober he would have worked it out if the bike was doing wrong.

One of my friends was relieved of a million BHT for hitting a bike with no lights in a black soi which was going against the traffic.

This guy was asking for trouble driving under the influence, Take Notice, all you expats that ride your bikes and drive your cars everyday after the evening rounds, it could be you next.   :sick:

19 hours ago, z42 said:

As much as i support the authorities bringing drink drivers to task, I only wish the courts had a standard to be applied across the board. 

Jenphop is in court now (lenient / negliible punishment expected). Chiang mai lady who killed 3 cyclists got a complete pass, and the redbull @$$#ole is unarrestable for the next 12 years.

I don't see why some should walk and others get hammered in court and the justice system is allowed to have any credibility above say, a kangaroo court

But they are all Thais  with money !    Its what is known as "Thai justice"

1 hour ago, kiwikeith said:

However this was a head to head , and the bike could have been driving the wrong way on the wrong side of the road with no lights.

'Apparently' Edwards was overtaking a mini van at the time. Samui Times.

19 hours ago, edwardflory said:

It amazes me how people will go to a foreign country and act like complete idiots even after 4 years living here.  I rarely drink but when I have a few I take some form of 'other' transport home.  This man will probably loose EVERYTHING, and spend time in prison - a place I would NOT send my worse enemy.

On the other hand all know how crazy motor bike drivers drive here - drivers from ALL countries!!! - the roads are personal space to them.  I know everyone here who drives has had more than one close call, but daily life proceeds as usual until ALL traffic regulations are followed by the majority.

Amen, buddy. I've had more than a few close calls with the idiots on motor bikes.

Weaving in/out of traffic, cutting in front of car to turn left.

Luckily I never hit one in 40 years of driving on Thailands roads, I give them all the space they want and more.:sad:

10 hours ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

Don Mega

Love your sense of humour man.Its a pity that some people are so far up their own arse that they cannot appreciate the funny side of things.I'll come over and share the bottle of gold watch with you.

KEEP ON kEEPING ON!

Cheers mate.

lou_yelling_at_jordana.jpg

Do you know I read constantly here but what if it was a thai.  It wasn't end of story it was a drunk English idiot who should have known better. He killed two innocent people l. Stop trying to compare what would happen if it was thai. It's as if the people are trying to condone his actions. I am not defending Thais although I don't need to in this case just pointing out regardless of past things IN this case he was English and stupid no wrong word pathetic and deserves all that his coming to him.

Archived