Foreign English teacher attacked and raped in rice paddy - rapist hunted in Bangkok

webfact

2 hours ago, DLang said:

Was she wearing a bikini? 

The big man's message will always follow him.

Something that's a little bit disgusting is that the teacher was basically sitting between two men?

I'm not blaming the victim in any way, but teachers should have a healthy commons sense.

As a South African, she should be aware how dangerous life for a woman can be. 

I feel very sorry for her and hope that she will get over it and I also hope that this thread will be read by many females who might then be a little more careful in the Land of Smiles. 

Get well soon, the culprits should be raped ten times a day by  all male prisoners for a few years.

Yep, that might help them to rethink, damn Somchais. 

Edited by lostinisaan

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, The manic said:

Or make real friends in the community where you are teaching.

Young white south African girl upcountry thailand. I reckon that increases the frequency of this occurring.

Edited by optad

"She had been offered a lift to a bus station by two men on a motorcycle."

Hope she doesn't identify the motorcycle as a Honda. Then the police find the rapist riding a Yamaha, and discount her rape charge due to her giving false evidence. 

Edited by jaltsc

2 hours ago, ricku said:

An excellent opportunity to make an example. Execute them both.

What kind of retarded comment is this? Are you one of those asshats who blames rape on clothing?

i struck me as a darkly satirical poke at victim blaming, and as such was actually quite apt.

Edited by HooHaa

Horrible experience for this young woman to endure.

Lets hope she gets the support she needs now.

Every Thai woman I know is terrified to go anywhere alone at night in rural areas.

And there is a reason young Thai girls travel in groups of two or more.

And lets not forget the reason for the females only train cars.

Even here in Hua Hin in a "trendy" area my ex-girlfriend would not walk to the 7/11 a block from our house alone at night.

3 hours ago, laislica said:

With no consequences for criminal actions what does one expect?

Why do you say that there are no consequences? in the western world I'd agree with you but over here prison life is pretty tough.

2 hours ago, Myran said:

Disgusting vermin. They should cut their d**** off and put them in a windowless cell for life.

Correct, and execute the owners of them.

On the off-chance that the victim is reading this thread, my deepest sympathy on your ordeal.

Horrible experience for this young woman to endure.
Lets hope she gets the support she needs now.

Every Thai woman I know is terrified to go anywhere alone at night in rural areas.

And there is a reason young Thai girls travel in groups of two or more.

And lets not forget the reason for the females only train cars.

Even here in Hua Hin in a "trendy" area my ex-girlfriend would not walk to the 7/11 a block from our house alone at night.

Trendy for Thais or foreigners?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

4 hours ago, trogers said:

Probably mislead by the Thai smile, without thinking about the social consequences of booze and drug addiction. The two things that brings out the beasts in men.

There's a reason , women do not go out at night in the Moobaan , Dangerous, alcohol excuse

9 hours ago, Shawn0000 said:

How about blaming the rapist rather than the victim?

Please do not label all drug users as rapists.  And how about victims taking sufficient personal responsibility to avoid becoming victims and avoid such dangerous situations people as these guys. Nobody is blaming the poor girl but there has to come a point where basic life skills, and their absence have to mentioned.  She put herself in a physically intimate, close body contact with two men. Rubbing against their bodies and groin area -  Two drunk men - driving a motor bike - How  clever is that?  

6 minutes ago, The manic said:

Please do not label all drug users as rapists.  And how about victims taking sufficient personal responsibility to avoid becoming victims and avoid such dangerous situations people as these guys. Nobody is blaming the poor girl but there has to come a point where basic life skills, and their absence have to mentioned.  She put herself in a physically intimate, close body contact with two men. Rubbing against their bodies and groin area -  Two drunk men - driving a motor bike - How  clever is that?  

You say no one is blaming the victim, but you just did, as if riding a motorbike with a man is asking to be raped!

4 hours ago, ricku said:

What kind of retarded comment is this? Are you one of those asshats who blames rape on clothing?

I don't know if Dlang deserves to be called an 'asshat', but you, Sir, definitely belong to the vast club of TVF posters who has absolutely no clue about what irony is, even when it's extremely obvious, as in the present case.

And for good measure, you also belong to the brigade who resorts to calling people nasty names, just because you are safely hidden behind your computer screen. You may see yourself as a moral cowboy, but John Wayne's characters had courage and class.

Shame on you.

Edited by Yann55

3 hours ago, The manic said:

Drug addiction! What nonsense. Don't blame some girls stupidity on drug use. What on earth was she thinking - sandwiching herself between two strange men on a motorbike?

Again blaming the victim, we blame the tourist raped in BKK because she was drunk and this girl because she got on someone's bike, who I'm sure she assumed was just trying to be helpful...

You don't condone the actions of the rapist?! Just the actions of the victim?! 

4 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

very sad for her and only hope she somehow overcomes it although it will be with her forever.

The 2 scum?  NO excuses, NO "i didn't mean it'. NO ' i was drunk' you are SCUM plain and simple and hope karma and justice wreaks devastation in your miserable lives.

Being beaten and suffering a rape ordeal which lasted over 2 hours that must have seemed forever for the girl during the rape, fearing she could have been killed at any moment, I very much doubt she will ever overcome this. Then there is the after care involved, having to take an HIV test, statements to the police, statements in court, mental trauma and maybe sustained severe physical injuries, nothing less than a life sentence should be handed out to these alcohol and probably drug crazed no hope losers.

Edited by cyberfarang

4 hours ago, laislica said:

Yes of course, how silly she is.

Must have forgotten she is a woman and it was all her fault!

Brave lady never the less for reporting it!

Many do not!!!!

I don't think anybody thinks its her fault and she was an idiot for getting between two strangers on a motorbike. They did the rape and thats on them, she is still an idiot.

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

That's his excuse for doing nothing?

Scum.

The lookout didn't do nothing... he participated and is complicit in the crime, just like a getaway driver in a bank robbery

.... and raped her for two hours... holy sheet batman!

poor woman.

4 hours ago, ricku said:

not the right time or place but i think his comment was meant to be a bit of a light hearted joke.

4 hours ago, johna said:

Hey,  how many Thai women would accept a lift from two men they didn't know, erm..... none. Of course there's alcohol in the mix, but given the rape statistics for south Africa you'd think this woman would be more cautious. 

And you'd think that since we are no longer living in neanderthal times victim blaming would not take place.

5 hours ago, ricku said:

he is being sarcastic by replying to the lame/hurtful comment made in the Thai media by someone about women that wear Bikini are "open"

Sad story... unfortunately we are hearing more and more stories about rape victims. A disturbing trend. 

It's sad to think that neither women nor children can move about freely in the 21st century without being molested, assaulted, raped or kidnapped. 

This young fellow, although not guilty of rape, should hang his head with shame for the rest of his life. He stood by while this heinous act was being carried out on a fellow human being. 

Edited by djayz

common sense speaks loudly to some, quietly to others. Me? I am on the big side, not a badass, but would NOT accept a ride from 2 drunk strangers in a Rolls Royce. Oh well,..... you can't legislate away stupid and you certainly cannot trust the police or courts to care for you as if you were an infant. I know it is a novel concept to some, but geez, a smidgeon of common sense and no body is hurt, nobody goes to jail....I only advocate personal responsibility....which is also advice to the vile garbage that raped her.

First I am not condoning rape.  If someone did that someone I knew it would be difficult for me to stay out of jail.

However,  I have to ask one question.

Are expat women parking their brains at home or just not thinking.

The first thing I taught my daughter was you DO NOT ACCEPT RIDES from  strangers.  The second thing was you do not go partying by yourself anywhere.  If you find yourself alone either get your ass home or call your mother or i to come drink with you.

My daughter also learned self defense and this was all in Canada.

Would these women go out in Australia and drink themselves to oblivion and accept rides from people they do not know.

Would they accept a ride in a car from 2 guys that they do not know in SA?