USA woman's drug and abduction claim is fabrication, say police

webfact

11 minutes ago, sanemax said:

So you think that the BiB are probably correct in this case, but they must be incorrect because you dont trust them to get it correct?

I'm not saying they are correct, but I certainly share their doubts.

It's a very odd story, so odd why would anyone make it up?

However, as I say that final paragraph suggests they really haven't investigated it to any depth.

And if you're thinking the BIB can't win with me. 

You would be right.

Personal experience of them has created a rather large reservoir of distrust.

Edited by Bluespunk

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I could think of 10 000 reasons why ...........all in donations

If I had a daughter was in in danger on the otherside of the World , the first thing that I would do would be to immediately go on line and book her the next ticket out of there , I wouldnt wait and set  up an appeal and ask for an amount of money far exceeding the cost of a flight ticket

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

I could think of 10 000 reasons why ...........all in donations

If I had a daughter was in in danger on the otherside of the World , the first thing that I would do would be to immediately go on line and book her the next ticket out of there , I wouldnt wait and set  up an appeal and ask for an amount of money far exceeding the cost of a flight ticket

As I've said, her story does stretch the limits of credulity

3 hours ago, brucec64 said:

It must have been Burmese police because no Thai police would ever commit such a crime.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

This has become like an old joke that keeps repeating it`s self and now boring.

Seems that these cries of rape by foreign tourist women visiting Thailand with stories that have more holes then a Swiss cheese is becoming a common feature within the media headlines. If this women is sincere then why tell her story from thousands of miles away? What are the police mean`t to do, charge a man or men with rape and lock them up just on a woman`s accusations?

Edited by cyberfarang

This has become like an old joke that keeps repeating it`s self and now boring.

Seems that these cries of rape by foreign tourist women visiting Thailand with stories that have more holes then a Swiss cheese is becoming a common feature within the media headlines. If this women is sincere then why tell her story from thousands of miles away? What are the police mean`t to do, charge a man or men with rape and lock them up just on a woman`s accusations?

Hmmmm...let's see: in her story, a policeman plays a major role...
Why on earth would she not go to the police?
Well...it remains a mystery, I guess!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

3 hours ago, DM07 said:

Hmmmm...let's see: in her story, a policeman plays a major role...
Why on earth would she not go to the police?
Well...it remains a mystery, I guess!

She didnt say a Policeman, she did at first then back tracked to someone in a tan uniform .     I do believe that that was part of the scam, as an excuse why she didn't make a police report .

False allegations of sexual assault do happen but are rare. Those cases have certain patterns. Either the accuser identifies an assailant to exact revenge on him, or claims an attack in order to cover up some other embarrassing situation. This case fits neither scenario A, because no attacker is named, nor scenario B, because she went home before speaking up, and so whatever situation might have hypothetically motivated a false claim would have no longer matter. She was absolutely right to go home rather than try her luck against "men in uniform" through the legal system.

Moreover, every woman I know, local or foreign, who lives or travels extensively in Asia, has a tale of harassment or assault, and I don't doubt them.  So on what basis would one dismiss her claims out of hand?

If the RTP did their day-to-day job with integrity, people would often believe them. Simple fact is that they don't. 

I simply take everything they say with a vat of salt. Maybe this is why I'm not a gambling man. 

The RTP behave like they can do no wrong and will sue you if you ever say anything wrong (even when they do wrong). 

Your reputation will usually precede you. Now the girl is back home. The police can do nothing except for bang their chests. They've made their beds.........

8 hours ago, webfact said:

Now the police want to get to the bottom of who might have aided the woman and whether a crime has been committed. If it is proven that the claims were an offence of defamation and had indeed damaged the image of Thailand there may be a price to pay, said the police spokesman on Wednesday. 

Whether her story is true or a complete  fabrication, the Thai police do this to preserve the countries image, irregardless of what actually happend.

Given tough times in the tourist sector, bad island publicity, Jill St Onge fiasco, this might be the damaging  blow for the US tourist market. Not a big one, but yet a sgnificant one,  that always provides a steady stream of toruists.

Hopefully they can descredit it and then get a few US papers to publish their findings ------- It's the best that can be done to salavage a bad situation.

Just now, LomSak27 said:

Whether her story is true or a complete  fabrication, the Thai police do this to preserve the countries image, irregardless of what actually happend.

LOL . She may and very probably did make up a story and the reason why the Thai Police didnt verify that her probably made up story was a factual encounter was to preserve the image of Thailand ?

That really makes no sense to me 

" LOL . She may and very probably did make up a story and the reason why the Thai Police didnt verify that her probably made up story was a factual encounter was to preserve the image of Thailand ?

That really makes no sense to me "

Ahh Sanemaax, a little rooster booster.

I just go from past FACTS. In which case you should first Doubt every word the BiB utter. Look up Jill St Onge. The BiB knew what happend in less than 24 hours and yet tried their best to obscure and obfuscate to preserve Thailands image. and what was the result?

Two sisters from Quebec dead., two years later

This story was picked up by US newspapers and national media so most definetly the Police and Thailand would want to respond. Otherwise why bother

Not Sanemax lets get that Trollteam boosterism chirping!   :D   

I thougt the mother Cindy Fairfield said in one thread that the Thai police were in contact with Alex and she had identified from police photographs the bar she was abducted in. If that was the real Cindy Fairfield and not some sick imposter. She said the police officer was called Mario. Hope she can make another appearance on Thai visa on her reactions to the latest developments in the alledged abduction and attempted rape of her daughter.

How can you go to the police after being raped by them.she may of been told just get out of the country as you won't have any luck going up against the police here.youll end up the loser for sure.if they can't and probably won't solve the case then they will hang you high for defamation it's as simple as that.as for making it up to con her own family,well I think she could of thought of a better one than that.she done the right thing getting out of dodge to the safety of her own country.people should put themselves in her position and ask ..what would you do? And remember we are talking about the Thai police,the most respected force around the world.

“If it is proven that the claims were an offence of defamation and had indeed damaged the image of Thailand there may be a price to pay…”

This is right up there with: "Mommy. Johnny's looking at me!"

Edited by jaltsc

She didnt say a Policeman, she did at first then back tracked to someone in a tan uniform .
   I do believe that that was part of the scam, as an excuse why she didnt make a police report .

Must have been a boyscout then!
Are you the RTP press-secretary in disguise?
Are you not aware, that we are talking about one of the most corrupt organisations in all of Thailand?
And you expect anyone to take their word for anything?

If it is proven that the claims were an offense of defamation and had indeed damaged the image of Thailand there may be a price to pay, said the police spokesman on Wednesday. 

... while the RTP who does damage to Thailand's image almost daily is exempt from paying any price.

How can they announce this claim is fabrication before the investigation has been completed?

Making statements like this does nothing to help their cause IMO. Paves the path to a cover-up or, at the very least suspicion to a cover-up before the facts are known if this is their mindset before inquires have been complete. 

10 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

" If it is proven that the claims were an offence of defamation and had indeed damaged the image of Thailand there may be a price to pay, said the police spokesman on Wednesday."

Incredible.

When is there not a price to pay with the BIB?

8 hours ago, sanemax said:

You have absolutely no idea about the depth of the BiBs investigation .

The fact the the girls Mother posted on here that they are in daily contact with the BiB and that the bar had been located and suspects identified suggests that the Bib investigaed the allegations and found no evidence at all

Why are you so into this? Almost sounds as though you have a vested interest. Either that or you are extremely green or trolling. I don't know whether this is legit or not, but after following their antics over the years, even a switched-off ten-year-old would know the force is riddled with dodginess (murder, rape, corruption, gambling, bungled investigations and just general incompetence) from the top down and thus anything is plausible. Knowing their upstanding rep, if you were wronged by them and blabbed, would you hang around?

3 hours ago, daveAustin said:

Why are you so into this? Almost sounds as though you have a vested interest. Either that or you are extremely green or trolling. I don't know whether this is legit or not, but after following their antics over the years, even a switched-off ten-year-old would know the force is riddled with dodginess (murder, rape, corruption, gambling, bungled investigations and just general incompetence) from the top down and thus anything is plausible. Knowing their upstanding rep, if you were wronged by them and blabbed, would you hang around?

Dave Austin part time moderator.

No laws on number of posts. 

Carry on sanemax.

12 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

I'm not saying they are correct, but I certainly share their doubts.

However, as I say that final paragraph suggests they really haven't investigated it to any depth.

And if you're thinking the BIB can't win with me. 

You would be right.

Personal experience of them has created a rather large reservoir of distrust.

The biggest thing that is weird is how they made a ton of money off the incident, which was not needed.  Or why she did not have  ticket home (and her excuse was weird and unbelievable).

26 minutes ago, tominbkk said:
15 hours ago, Strange said:

Such little sissies. 

any police department around the world would be upset if they were being defamed.

Still a bunch of sissies claiming defamation of the 'good name of thailand' when the police themselves are like 99% of the problem with the 'good name of thailand'.

21 minutes ago, tominbkk said:

The biggest thing that is weird is how they made a ton of money off the incident, which was not needed.  Or why she did not have  ticket home (and her excuse was weird and unbelievable).

It's certainly a difficult story to believe...

I hope our experience does not discourage travel to other countries. Alex Moore and I had an incredible experience trekking the Himalayan mountains in Nepal and never felt threatened and were always taken care of...

I strongly encourage anyone traveling to look up dangers and read thoroughly about the limitations of the embassy in Thailand and the danger's that lurk if you are a friendly, beautiful young woman. Travel but do lots of research and be meticulously careful!!!! And Google search the crap out of everything! You might come across things that you never knew could happen.

Samantha Jo Moore sister of abducted and attempted rape victim Alex Fairfield said on 11/12/16 on her Facebook page.

Edited by tukkytuktuk

I could see this being true or false.  That is why in the civilized world the police don't spill there guts to the public, They gather evidence and take it to a court of law.  They try to keep the public in the dark until it is brought up in court. Thats where the he said she said stuff and the evidence is to come out in full. If they found that the evidence all pointed to a scam by the accuser than they would arrest her when they thought they had a case, not tell the world that they are going to start to investigate her. Thats a threat not a statement.