Just Did My 3rd Visa Run, Officers Had Put Red Ink On My Passport

Maestro, you've summed it up nicely. Tourists have homes outside Thailand. Mine is only about a 78,000 baht round trip away. Well, with devaluation of the dollar, maybe 72,000 including air fare, lodging, visa purchase, Western food, etc.

And when I insisted on taking two weeks to make a visa run, my employer did not understand. As if they could imagine living 11 time zones from their loved ones; as if they would fly home without seeing family.

If I understand you correctly you have an employer, and worry about the tourist Visa?

Sounds to me, you're one of the reasons they tightened the law in the first place...

I'm sorry that it sounded that way; no. I had employers for two years, and I was on annual B visas, and they refused to get me a work permit or lift a finger to help me get a visa. So, 24 time zones and about 90,000 baht later (including family stopovers, rental cars, etc.), I was back in the land of smiles with another visa. Not tourist visa. And no, I am not one of the reasons they tightened the law. These new laws are one of the reasons many FULLY QUALIFIED LEGAL teachers are leaving Thailand's schoolrooms empty of farang teachers.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To get a second passport, don't you need to declare the first one lost or stolen?!

No not necessarily. When travelling to some countries, like Israel, other countries might refuse you entry with a stamp of that country in your passport. With this reason you can apply for a second passport. It is pretty normal for businessman travellin around in areas like the middle east.

Waerth

Yes this is correct, many many countries will not allow you in if you have an Israel stamp in your passport, thinkng about this, it is a great idea. Also Israel will not let you in if you have certain other stamps in your pass port, So when applying to passport office, tell them you are visiting several countries on one trip and these some of there countrys do not allow. Passport office will already be aware of this situation

For instance you can have two british passports, then if you lose one, no problem, you have one on hand ready to go,

I am going to look into this, as i think it is very clever, also if you have many VOA in your pass port, flying with a passport with less stamps will avoid the looks from the immigrations officer.

Cashe, was your number 1 stamp on or about the 17th of October?

The writing beneath - the first word is definitely 'remain' or 'left', the word after 11 looks a bit like 'day' so it seems to suggest that after the 4th of Jan that you have 11 days left before the 180 days 'holiday' or proper tourist visa.

Cashe you've had enough tell you what it means.

เหลือ 11 ว้น

11 days Left.....

I sure hope it works out getting a tourist visa.

Maestro, you've summed it up nicely. Tourists have homes outside Thailand. Mine is only about a 78,000 baht round trip away. Well, with devaluation of the dollar, maybe 72,000 including air fare, lodging, visa purchase, Western food, etc.

And when I insisted on taking two weeks to make a visa run, my employer did not understand. As if they could imagine living 11 time zones from their loved ones; as if they would fly home without seeing family.

If I understand you correctly you have an employer, and worry about the tourist Visa?

Sounds to me, you're one of the reasons they tightened the law in the first place...

I'm sorry that it sounded that way; no. I had employers for two years, and I was on annual B visas, and they refused to get me a work permit or lift a finger to help me get a visa. So, 24 time zones and about 90,000 baht later (including family stopovers, rental cars, etc.), I was back in the land of smiles with another visa. Not tourist visa. And no, I am not one of the reasons they tightened the law. These new laws are one of the reasons many FULLY QUALIFIED LEGAL teachers are leaving Thailand's schoolrooms empty of farang teachers.

Yep jbhh is correct, you are the exactly the type of person that inspired these rules to begin with.

You were working at a job without a work permit, this is illegal, plain and simple. If your employer refuses to give you the correct documents to get a work permit, then your only twp options are to work illegally or to quit.

You chose to work illegally.

If you have a work permit, it is no problem to get a 1 year B visa at just about any embassy in most countries.

So don't bother complaining about tourists visa rules here, if you are working here, as you might as well be complaining why the Thai government won't let you make a living selling ya baa.