Cam My 4 year Old Child Stay (Come and Go) Without Visa Or Problems ?

1 minute ago, brewsterbudgen said:

When getting my 1 year old son added to my Extension of stay, they implied that he needed to do 90 day reports! Hopefully I misunderstood them.

By the rules you need to do 90 day report for him but he would not be fined for not reporting.

• Like 1

Thanks for the help again Joe. Ok  I understand most of this . I will apply for my 90 Non immigrant Visa shortly after arriving in Jomtien  .  ..... Then go Thai consulate/embassy in Bkk to get sons Non Immigrant 90 Visa. Then go Jomtien again to get 12 month extension based on retirement for me (once 60 day 800k bank balance has elapsed).. and 12 month piggyback extension for him at the same time .

We will then need a stamp to allow us out ( Back to UK around 5 April) then back into Thailand 1 month later ? ( Around 5 May).....Is that it, are we all done and dusted then? Have I forgotten anything?  Do I need any papers ? Where does sons BC with apostille and stamped by thai embassy in UK come in ?.. sorry for being a complete numpty on this .

8 minutes ago, Rolanddrums said:

Thanks for the help again Joe. Ok  I understand most of this . I will apply for my 90 Non immigrant Visa shortly after arriving in Jomtien  .  ..... Then go Thai consulate/embassy in Bkk to get sons Non Immigrant 90 Visa.

You have to go to a Thai embassy or consulate in another country to get the non-o visa for your son. That is why I suggest you both get them at the same time at an embassy or consulate.

If you get the 90 day entry at immigration you would need a re-entry permit to keep it valid when your return from getting you child's non-o visa.

12 minutes ago, Rolanddrums said:

We will then need a stamp to allow us out ( Back to UK around 5 April) then back into Thailand 1 month later ? ( Around 5 May).....Is that it, are we all done and dusted then?

You would need  re-entry permits to keep your extensions valid when you enter the country. A permit is not needed to leave the country.

15 minutes ago, Rolanddrums said:

Hi I am over 50 have Thai wife ( has done a runner) .

Ok do I need Non Immigration O or OA Visa for me?  Can this be applied for by post in the UK . Can someone over 50 have type O Visa?

Since you have already got a tourist visa it is best just to get the the non-o visa in a nearby country to here. Vientiane is a good location to get one.

You will not get a non-o in the UK for being 50 or over unless you are 65 or over.

6 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Since you have already got a tourist visa it is best just to get the the non-o visa in a nearby country to here. Vientiane is a good location to get one.

You will get a non-o in the UK for being 50 or over unless you are 65 or over.

I think you meant to say Will Not. :smile:

Ok, so I need Non 0 ( (90 day visa that I can extend by 1 year at Jomtien later  based on retirement)

... So entering on tourist Visa this time, my Non O needs to be applied for either at Jomtien immigration ( For example) or at a Consulate or Embassy in another country but NOT from UK.... correct so far ?

... My sons Non O can only be applied for from outside Thailand only (from an Embassy or Consulate)  but in this case including from UK.

...His extension cannot be applied for until I have my Non O with the extra 12 month extension to... right ?

....Any extension will need a re-entry stamp to allow us to go back UK then back again  for 4 weeks in April. This can be be done same time as the Extensions are applied for.. right ?

... I could get all my Visa/ Extension/Re-entry stamp done this time in LOS.... and sort sons out from UK in April ...right?

.. Dont particularly want to go neighbouring Country to Thai it it can be avoided easily.

Edited by Rolanddrums
more info

On 17/12/2016 at 10:22 AM, Rolanddrums said:

As stated his mum will not help .. he did have thai passport and birth certificate as well.. but are long gone . I want to do everything as a british citizen ...not Thai if possible. Visa company said they can get his UK birth certificate stamped if I want to . but is it realy necessary ?

ELVIAJERO.. Are you saying once I"ve got my 1 year retirement visa ... I can do something else (Extension of stay)  for him that piggybacks mine very easily ? Excuse the ignorance ... what exactly is it and how do I go about it .

" I want to do everything as a british citizen ...not Thai if possible."

People are giving you advice on the best / easiest way to go about it and you say that comment. 

Get him dual citizenship. Give the mother some cash, that usually gets them off their lazy <deleted>. 

Any mother that abandons her child needs a kick in the <deleted>. 

As others have said, the child and or the father will not have any problems if the child overstays on whatever visa the child is on or uses to enter the country.

They do not enforce the overstay rules on children under 15.

However, the immigration authorities and the Thai embassies and the Thai consulates and any Immigration lawyer familiar with Thai immigration laws will ALWAYS advise you to arrange for the child to have proper immigration status.

If it is long term and involves the 1 year extensions then the dates should be the same dates as the fathers so in effect the beginning of your 1 year extension is the beginning of your child's one year extension and ending at the same time and needing to renewed at the same time your extension is needing to be renewed.

So in effect you are both time coordinated and your child's immigration status is attached to yours

That is the terminology the immigration officials used when they explained to me everything that I would have to do if I wanted to arrange my born in Thailand child to have the proper long term immigration status.

I my case it was recommend that the child be "attached" , so to speak to the mothers current long term immigration status  

In your case, more than likely obtaining a Thai passport for your son would be the easier route, in the long run.....but make sure you do not ever present the child's British passport to the Thai immigration authorities or then the Immigrations officials get all bureaucratic silly and treat him like a foreign citizen and most likely will ignore his Thai passport ...as that has happened before.

Cheers

MisterPhil.....  I'm doing my best here to suppport and look after my son here all on my own , I have no one to help me 24 7 ( Yes realy).I have to run a small buisness including bring him to work to  As I have stated anything involving his mum isnt going to happen anytime soon . I am 56  and not in the best health but I dont give up thats why I come on here for help . The stress has seen me lose 14 kilo /30 LB in just 3 months.  Yes his mum is ******** ****. We are looking for a new one in Thailand. His mum moved out tried to get me in trouble with Police for something I didnt do .. in a Police Cell then in Hospital Blood pressure 235 !  Then Court order . All dropped . Then wants 2 million baht to come back home . Cut a long story short shes in Phuket with another English guy ( Nearly 3 months now) . But just before Xmas says she wants come see us and misses us .. I buy her plane ticket and book hotel for her THEN......doesnt turn up . No contact for 4 days then I find out shes been unwell ?? and went to Chiang Mai with this guy instead . This is the person  one example (of many ) I am dealing with . I dont want to talk about this anymore but answers to my last e-mail questions  much appreciated  . I just dont want to be going out of LOS for Visas on my own with 4 year old if there is another way . Yes 'overstay' stamps for son is stll a valid possibility for me....thanks everyone.