Honey roast ham (diy)

SidJames

Unfortunately, most pork products in LOS are modeled on German processing, cuts and presentation.

Yorkies couldn't make a decent meat product of any sort even if they tried.

The best honey baked hams are brought into Thailand by friends coming from America for Christmas.

Good luck. If I see any usable ham hocks locally, I'll let you know.

I usually  pre order a  gammon joint from Yorkies by phone a couple of days before I need it.. always good quality .......I honey glaze my own too every year I do not know why more people do not ..it is so simple ..and the end product is mouth wateringly tasty 

1 hour ago, banglay said:

I usually  pre order a  gammon joint from Yorkies by phone a couple of days before I need it.. always good quality .......I honey glaze my own too every year I do not know why more people do not ..it is so simple ..and the end product is mouth wateringly tasty 

I was looking at the gammon products on TGFC's website. They have whole cooked gammon at 449 baht/kilo and also have honey roast at 485 baht/kilo. How much do Yorkies charge?

3 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I was looking at the gammon products on TGFC's website. They have whole cooked gammon at 449 baht/kilo and also have honey roast at 485 baht/kilo. How much do Yorkies charge?

Sorry NL  ,I do not know the price of Yorkies COOKED Gammon joints ....I buy uncooked and cook it my self ...far better flavour.

May I suggest give Yorkies a call and ask them      http://www.yorkies-pattaya.com

Edited by banglay

• 3 weeks later...

Why don't you make your own. Easy! Ham Joint only cost Baht 165/kg in Friendship, and cure it yourself.

I usually make a 2kg ham every few weeks. We cannot eat more than that.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure how the OP worked out with his DIY efforts but I grabbed one from the freezer at Big C Extra the other week (left-side bin where the turkeys were). Just thawed it out and sliced it up.... very nice indeed! Cost 490 baht/kg so the smallest at 2.2 kg cost me 1078 baht. There were bigger ones than that.

I overcooked it NL but will have try again soon & report back.

I'm not sure if it was me or the ham but I will persevere. 

I parboil the ham in a mirepoix stock & let it cool in that stock before draining, peeling etc... & I think that's where the problem arose.

I've only done this in a cold european climate where the meat & stock cooled off quickly so the cooking process stopped.

I'm guessing that the high ambient temperature here kept it cooking longer in the stock.

Edited by SidJames