When pointing is not enough - pretty exacts revenge on man who attacked her

webfact

When pointing is not enough - pretty exacts revenge on man who attacked her

p4.jpg

Picture: Video Screenshot

BANGKOK: -- A video of a police news conference that went wrong shows a "pretty" slapping the man who she said tried to rape her.

As she points to the face of Wichakorn, 24, the woman lunges forward and slaps him. Officers scurry to remove the woman, the man is bustled away and the news conference comes to an abrupt halt.

The alleged incident occurred at a party in the Lat Prao home of the suspect on December 9th. The woman was seriously hurt and alleges that the man attacked her and tried to rape her, reports Sanook.

Wichakorn told police before he was slapped that he had known the woman for two months and they had chatted and built up a relationship. On the day in question he said he was drunk and an argument ensued but he denied trying to rape her.

The woman, who was not named, said they had no such relationship. They had just been at the same university together.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-19

If she didn't know him, why was she at a party at his home? If she was so badly injured, she appears to have made a remarkable recovery in a week: no visible injuries, full mobility and answering questions at a bizarre press conference. There are 2 sides to this story.

5 hours ago, Prbkk said:

If she didn't know him, why was she at a party at his home? If she was so badly injured, she appears to have made a remarkable recovery in a week: no visible injuries, full mobility and answering questions at a bizarre press conference. There are 2 sides to this story.

5 hours ago, Prbkk said:

They went to Uni together. Many people went to the party.

Injuries can be emotional also.

9 minutes ago, ThailandLOS said:

Unless there is technical evidence or/and impartial witnesses, there is no case here.

What do you mean "there is no case here", are you the attacker's lawyer?   If you are he should fire you, this isn't a rape case, she wasn't raped, it was attempted rape or assault.

Edited by gdgbb

What is this stupid theater about?

Why is there a "press conference" about an assault case with the victim and accused put in front of the press and TV?

A sort of "Trial by Social Media"?

And then we have the BiB smirking away.

This is totally unprofessional, all the police involved in that circus should be reprimanded and sent to inactive posts.

21 minutes ago, 12DrinkMore said:

Why is there a "press conference" about an assault case with the victim and accused put in front of the press and TV?

This is totally unprofessional, all the police involved in that circus should be reprimanded and sent to inactive posts.

Welcome to Thailand....where the Thai media circus show creates the basis of widespread well loved gossip.

No matter what .......guilty or not....... the media circus show must go on while seldom does anyone ever deny the media a good circus show performed by all the players, both large and small.

The Thais love it.

Almost as bad as the media circus going on  in America ..but done Thai style and somewhat seemingly bizarre to us Foreigners while the Thai people can not get enough of it......lol

6 hours ago, Prbkk said:

My lawyer back home said there are three sides to a story. His, Hers and the truth. Never heard that before but it makes sense.

Coerced sex and attempted rape and perpetrated rape and confirmed rape is actually quite common here in Thailand ....

Always has been and will continue to be so.

The Thai men ( not all of them of course ) more or less have an attitude about the women when it comes to having "their way" with a woman.

A big Part of the problem is, all too many of them believe they can have their way with a woman and done with impunity.

The laws particular to rape are not  harshly enforced, mainly because it is men who enforce the laws, such as the Police, while they themselves have a "Laissez-faire" attitude towards Rape concerning the accusations of rape, when presented to them.

Relative to ALL the rape that goes on, while the amount that does go on is somewhat shocking and disturbing if you ever get around to reading the statistics and the many reports and or books written on the subject...not much is done to try and correct that particular contentious social issue.

Cheers

1 hour ago, ThailandLOS said:

Skipped your meds today or what's your problem?

No problem here, smiler, no meds either, just commenting on a ridiculous comment about whether there is a case or not.  Why have you got an issue with what I said?

3 hours ago, gdgbb said:

What do you mean "there is no case here", are you the attacker's lawyer?   If you are he should fire you, this isn't a rape case, she wasn't raped, it was attempted rape or assault.

Yes and she is clearly guilty of assault on film in the cop shop.

9 hours ago, Prbkk said:

You`re thinking out of your backside matey.

Many students who attended or from the same universities hear of a party going and often turn up with a friend or with friends. In Thailand people rarely send out personal invitations to events, it`s mostly word of mouth and people just turn up. The same even happens at funerals. Nothing unusual about this woman attending a party held by one of her former university colleges.

How do you know she wasn`t badly injured? Have you made a personal examination of her yourself?

3 hours ago, Beats56 said:

My lawyer back home said there are three sides to a story. His, Hers and the truth. Never heard that before but it makes sense.

crap, the lawyers creed .   if you carnt dazzle them with brilliance ,baffle them with bullshit . truth, sadly, never comes into it .

2 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

You`re thinking out of your backside matey.

Many students who attended or from the same universities hear of a party going and often turn up with a friend or with friends. In Thailand people rarely send out personal invitations to events, it`s mostly word of mouth and people just turn up. The same even happens at funerals. Nothing unusual about this woman attending a party held by one of her former university colleges.

How do you know she wasn`t badly injured? Have you made a personal examination of her yourself?

An how do we know she woz?

My guess it's nothing more than common assault.

Looks like a circus to me an the bib don't even seem to be taking it seriously. Just enjoying all the media attention as usual.

37 minutes ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

An how do we know she woz?

My guess it's nothing more than common assault.

Looks like a circus to me an the bib don't even seem to be taking it seriously. Just enjoying all the media attention as usual.

You know what Sooo; with so many rape and attempted rape allegations going around today I really don`t know who to believe anymore. We know that many women lie and also many men really do commit rape. It`s a difficult dilemma, how does a woman prove rape against someone she knows or had known, or works with or happens to be in the same social circles? At the end game, how does the woman convince that a sexual act was not consensual? Especially if the woman had been partying and over intoxicated with alcohol or maybe drugs.

I would really hate to be the judge in these cases.

8 hours ago, 12DrinkMore said:

I seem to remember the PM saying all these photo calls had to end?

Utter nonsense.
There are such a vast number of more important, and even interesting, news stories to cover every hour of every day it isn't even funny. This trash is what I'd expect to see in tabloid media. Why is it here? Sheer stupidity on so many levels, from the improper headline announcing the guilt of a man not even tried yet, to a woman who gets away with an assault in the presence of film crews and police, to comments that I won't comment on... all the way to myself wasting time to comment. I think I need to get a life after seeing how I wasted a few precious minutes of my life on this idiocy.
TV, Please cover things that may actually matter.