Quality English TV here in CM?

LannaGuy

I'm looking for an alternative that does NOT go through my computer and wondering if any of you have tried Thai Expat  TV or Expat Premium?  or indeed any others but I want VoD so not interested in all those 'free'  live feeds.  BBC a must with all those dramas etc. 

Getting peed off with TrueVisions especially as they are losing all the BBC channels from Jan

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ThaiExpatTV doesn't have to go through a computer.  By far the most convenient option is the set top box which, if you buy it from them comes ready to plug in.  The interface is excellent (even children and wives can use it - try getting them to navigate through Kodi addons!) and the 10 day catch up service works really well.

To the OP:  You may be living in the past if you think the BBC has good drama any longer.  From time something good comes along but almost all the channels rehash endless repeats.

13 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Expat TV coming up for 18 months for us.BBC 5 channels, ITV ,Sky none better imo. Only needs min speed linked to TV and the bonus 7 day replay option. 600 b a month  cheaper long term

but no sky tv apart from sky news so absolute pants in my book if you are interested in sport, films or latest series from America

38 minutes ago, stament said:

but no sky tv apart from sky news so absolute pants in my book if you are interested in sport, films or latest series from America

I have 365 sport in combo with Expat TV more than enough for my requirements and as Greenside mentioned the set top box is child's play even for dinosaurs like myself.suggest you check their web sites

13 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Expat TV coming up for 18 months for us.BBC 5 channels, ITV ,Sky none better imo. Only needs min speed linked to TV and the bonus 7 day replay option. 600 b a month  cheaper long term

Expat doesn't have BBC?  it's certainly NOT listed on their web site

10 hours ago, Greenside said:

ThaiExpatTV doesn't have to go through a computer.  By far the most convenient option is the set top box which, if you buy it from them comes ready to plug in.  The interface is excellent (even children and wives can use it - try getting them to navigate through Kodi addons!) and the 10 day catch up service works really well.

To the OP:  You may be living in the past if you think the BBC has good drama any longer.  From time something good comes along but almost all the channels rehash endless repeats.

Downton Abbey?  Sherlock Holmes?  etc. etc.

8 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

I have 365 sport in combo with Expat TV more than enough for my requirements and as Greenside mentioned the set top box is child's play even for dinosaurs like myself.suggest you check their web sites

i have a better one for 300baht per month with full sports and movies on demand ?

no catch-up though

Edited by stament

It's not its English so you are mistaken my friend. I think on Sherlock perhaps you are thinking of the Anerican version called Elementary starring the British actor Jonny Lee Miller.. As for Downton Abbey that couldn't be more English!

There are a lot of good quality English dramas on both BBC and iTV IMHO. 

3 hours ago, LannaGuy said:

Expat doesn't have BBC?  it's certainly NOT listed on their web site

Sorry you are wrong. there is BBC 1,2,4, BBC News, BBC WORLD

I am ,at this moment, watching "Match of the Day" on BBC 1 which gives me highlights of all Premier League football matches.

Some of the deals out there :

Uk Tv it's Thai expat tv 600 p/m,

for Sky  1/2, Sky living, Sky atlantic etc and Sky movies it's Expat Premium @ 500 baht p/m for all

Sky Sports it's Expat Premium @ 500 baht p/m , if you want the full

Expat Premium package  it is 800 baht P/M.

For full sport package inc Sky sports, 365 sport @ approx 900 baht.

Aussie tv can be added to Thai expat for approx 300 baht p/m.

Aussie sports can be added to 365 sport for approx 300 baht p/m.

5 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Sorry you are wrong. there is BBC 1,2,4, BBC News, BBC WORLD

I am ,at this moment, watching "Match of the Day" on BBC 1 which gives me highlights of all Premier League football matches.

Correction ,just checked,you are right the BBC are channels not listed on Expats web site but the channels are on my service from them,maybe its a legal issue.Why dont you email them,they are usually very fast at replying.All the BBC stations are on air at time of posting

2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Correction ,just checked,you are right the BBC are channels not listed on Expats web site but the channels are on my service from them,maybe its a legal issue.Why dont you email them,they are usually very fast at replying.All the BBC stations are on air at time of posting

oh they do have them?  they are certainly NOT on their web site (which is weird) and that puts their service back up to 'maybe I will subscribe' status

10 hours ago, Sparkles said:

I don't know why they dont list them either. I was renewing with Expat TV and wanted to change the package and I asked them to confirm that they have all the BBC channels and they conformed that they do and sent me  a link. no idea why they dont list them on the main site....

10 hours ago, millwall_fan said:

I don't know why they dont list them either. I was renewing with Expat TV and wanted to change the package and I asked them to confirm that they have all the BBC channels and they conformed that they do and sent me  a link. no idea why they dont list them on the main site....

I just had a HUGE debate with ExpatTV  who insist it's impossible for us to see that list without BBC and it must be 'our non-Thai ISP' but it's not!  the link they sent me does include BBC but the web does NOT (but they sent me a link that DOES).  They are 'in denial'

anyway getting back to my 'problem' I really like the ExpatTV offering but I cant find an inclusive package that includes BBC AND History Channel/Nat geo etc.  They seem to offer one or the other.

31 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

I just had a HUGE debate with ExpatTV  who insist it's impossible for us to see that list without BBC and it must be 'our non-Thai ISP' but it's not!  the link they sent me does include BBC but the web does NOT (but they sent me a link that DOES).  They are 'in denial'

anyway getting back to my 'problem' I really like the ExpatTV offering but I cant find an inclusive package that includes BBC AND History Channel/Nat geo etc.  They seem to offer one or the other.

They are out there but depends if you want to pay more for them.

Would one of the EXPERTS treat me as a VIRGIN and explain in basic just how Expat TV "Connects' without going through a Computer.

I am one of the MUGS who has True Platinum at B24K /year and this deteriorates in Channels as the years go bye.

I will be happy if I can get UK TV and watch Formula 1 and the Motorcycle racing.

john

No time waster Please.

6 minutes ago, jonwilly said:

Would one of the EXPERTS treat me as a VIRGIN and explain in basic just how Expat TV "Connects' without going through a Computer.

Many devices connect to the internet not only 'computers'. Tablets, phones, android boxes, etc etc.. 

To make life easy, and so its always there connected.. An android box connected to the TV with an hdmi cable is an easy solution. Which box can become a huge topic but 2000 - 4000 baht for higher end ones that can handle 4k resolution is a good guideline. 

5 hours ago, jonwilly said:

I will be happy if I can get UK TV and watch Formula 1 and the Motorcycle racing

Sorry to say the BBC transferred the F1 to Ch4 last year and they only show 10 races live with the rest as catch-up/highlights.

Don't know about who does Motorcycle racing now on UK TV Channels