Missing post

SidJames

I've been sent a small parcel from the old country & it was tracked.

An attempted delivery is listed on the tracking website for the 16th but no note or card was put into our post box.

I have received other unrelated post since

What are my options?

Edited by SidJames

Two years ago none of the Christmas mail from the UK arrived

Last year was ok

To date only one card has arrived.....I have been told that other cards were posted weeks ago

I have lost count of the mail throughout the year which has not arrived.....

I recently discovered that my pension was not being paid because I had not completed and returned a questionaire......which never arrived here

Oh well....the joys of being an "Expat"

1 hour ago, SidJames said:

The tracking site only gives their tracking number with a time/date of attempted drop.

No other information whatsoever

If it is 20150 or 20160 postal code, it will be at Banglamung post office in Naklua. Print out a screen grab of the Thai Post tracking info, write the tracking number in big letters on it a few times, go to the Banglamung post office, bring your ID, stick it on the spike on their desk, sit back down and watch for when it is taken off the spike (they pull the numbers from the bottom and rip the tickets hence the need for multiple numbers). Wait to be called/signalled. Best time to hit the place is either just after 11 AM or around 2 PM.

Edited by NanLaew

1 hour ago, SidJames said:

This was sent from Ireland so I only have the An Post tracking number.

I'll try both Naklua & the Suk PO's with my best grin

Let's try this again.

Doesn't matter where it came from. The originating tracking number has already been logged in the Thai Post system. So what postal code is on your mail delivery street address? If you are in Pattaya, Naklua, the greater part of Jomtien, Nongplalai and the 'dark side', it will be 20150, The code 20260 is for the Pattaya Soi Paisannee 13/2 post office. Regardless, held mail for BOTH of these postal codes will be held at Banglamung PO in Naklua. I think the (fairly new) Sukhumvit PO is for southern Jomtien, Ban Amphur and the Huayyai badlands.

Gotcha.

I'm 20150 but it's a toss up as to where I have to go to collect post/parcels.

I don't know why 

The one on the Suk is a dream compared to Naklua & not just for access & parking.

I'm always in & out in a minute or two

The point that I was making is that the only tracking number that I have is the original  one issued in Dublin.

The An Post website is showing an attempted delivery but no card was left here.

They may have left it at a different address as we often get post for other buildings

connecting zip-codes to post offices makes no sense.

My ZIP is 20150 and parcels have to be picked up at Naklua; EMS letters have to be picked up at Na-Jomtien. 

Tip: If you go to the track-n-trace service of Thailand Post and you end up with the overview and status of your tracking number you will see on the right bottom of the overview a link. Click on the link and you will possibly see a signature and a name and maybe an address. 

IF you're able to see this........you're package is wrongly delivered. 

7 hours ago, SidJames said:

Gotcha.

I'm 20150 but it's a toss up as to where I have to go to collect post/parcels.

I don't know why 

The one on the Suk is a dream compared to Naklua & not just for access & parking.

I'm always in & out in a minute or two

The point that I was making is that the only tracking number that I have is the original  one issued in Dublin.

The An Post website is showing an attempted delivery but no card was left here.

They may have left it at a different address as we often get post for other buildings

My recent experience with attempted 20150 (north Nongprue/south Nongplalai delivery from Banglamung/Naklua was the same; no card left in mailbox. Several other recent posts indicates that the delivery postmen from Banglamung/Naklua are still not leaving notices.

1 hour ago, joepattaya1961 said:

connecting zip-codes to post offices makes no sense.

My ZIP is 20150 and parcels have to be picked up at Naklua; EMS letters have to be picked up at Na-Jomtien. 

Tip: If you go to the track-n-trace service of Thailand Post and you end up with the overview and status of your tracking number you will see on the right bottom of the overview a link. Click on the link and you will possibly see a signature and a name and maybe an address. 

IF you're able to see this........you're package is wrongly delivered. 

Makes perfect sense to know where the postie has come from, no? Thanks for the tip on EMS packages being returned to the new post office on Sukhumvit. I had an EMS package delivered to the house about 6 months ago and it came by van versus the guy on the motorbike. Maybe the newer Sukhumvit post office is their 'hub' for non-delivered EMS stuff? All dispatched from Naklua but returned to Sukhumvit due to the lack of storage space/parking? Also thanks for the tip on how to tag a possible wrong delivery from their website. Handy to know... wonder how one would go about getting it correctly re-delivered though.

Just received a package from Singapore at my Soi 13/2 PO Box (20260). That took 6 days, non-EMS.

Edited by NanLaew

Thanks to JP1961's advice I did put the Irish tracking number into the Thailand Post's tracking website & it's showing as an attempted delivery last Friday afternoon but no more information other than that.

December 16, 2016 
12:04:56
BANG LAMUNG Out for Delivery  
December 16, 2016 
12:00-16:29
BANG LAMUNG Delivery Status International ( Unsuccessful Attempt)
Edited by SidJames

I have had many problems re the post..same as you SDid no note in my letter box...i have only just found out that you can phone the post office and arrange a time when they will deliver your package..for 10 years I have had the irritating journey to the post office to collect items..to all...PHONE fmr a delivery time

On 12/21/2016 at 10:05 AM, SidJames said:

Thanks to JP1961's advice I did put the Irish tracking number into the Thailand Post's tracking website & it's showing as an attempted delivery last Friday afternoon but no more information other than that.

December 16, 2016 
12:04:56
BANG LAMUNG Out for Delivery  
December 16, 2016 
12:00-16:29
BANG LAMUNG Delivery Status International ( Unsuccessful Attempt)

Bang Lamung may imply that the post office you've to inquire is Banglamung postoffice along Naklua road. 

The international tracking number may be sufficient since it is in their system. 

Take your passport with you and maybe some cash (import-tax)

Don't wait too long.....after 14 days packages are usually "returned"