Wife sentenced to death for murder of husband given bail

webfact

13 hours ago, djayz said:

I am speechless... 

Sentenced to death but not a flight risk?!?!? I don't see her going back to her "place of work" for the remaining days/weeks of her life. Who would? 

Am I on planet Mars or what? 

I really should drink more before reading the news. 

No this is planet Thailand... you shouldn't be surprised.. logic doesn't apply here !!!

I'll bet my Xmas dinner she does a runner!

3 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

No this is planet Thailand... you shouldn't be surprised.. logic doesn't apply here !!!

I'll bet my Xmas dinner she does a runner!

Don't be so hasty... remember, she still has her "place of work"... that alone is a compelling reason for her to stay and await execution... 

9 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

I have to admit, that as a person who frequently has a go at the "Thai Bashers".....this one has left me speechless. How can the "system" be expected to defend this action. It's not as if it was a situation where new evidence has come to light (that would have been mentioned surely). I'll say no more.

I'm not any sort of basher.  Did you read the rather detailed and lengthy URL news item?       like I've said ";- if she really did arrange for him to be killed, it might not have been long and the news would be the other way round.     Except he would personally be the killer.     There is a recent post suggesting her having stolen valuables from his locker. This isn't  connected with old evidence about him threatening her and the kids.     I'm reasonably sympathetic to her now but don't condone murder, and don't know what I'd do in her situation.     With him being a gun /owner/expert and  "psychologically  and drug challenged"    her chances of self-defending in a critical situation would be slim. 

I thought bail was for those presumed innocent until proven guilty by a court of law. Now she can go about her business, including preparations for her fleeing, for 10 years and as the appeals process draws to a close, leave the country. The Thai legal system is the finest in SE Asia money can buy. The U.S. is first worldwide. 

13 hours ago, djayz said:

I am speechless... 

Sentenced to death but not a flight risk?!?!? I don't see her going back to her "place of work" for the remaining days/weeks of her life. Who would? 

No they are perfectly right! She is not a flight risk at all. They seised the passport, so it´s going to be a cut in the fence and a walk across the landborder. I sincerely hope she remebers to bring enough water, so she don´t kill herself trying to live. That would be miserable. LOL

Regarding Mars, I actually don´t knew if you need a passport for moving there, if not, that can also be a possible stop on the way from the grim reaper.

Yep! Drink more. It will be much easier to melt all the chaos that meets you as soon as you read a little tiny piece of something that would be considered newsworthy. Cheers! I´ll take one too.

Edited by Get Real

More power to the lady her husband was a nutter who loved to strut around take pot shots with his gun at the security guards in his mo ban, flash his gun at his neighbors and beat his wife. How do I know these things a good friend lived two houses down from the loving couple. No she should not have had the guy killed but I guess desperate measures for desperate times. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Elkski said:

She is so pretty.  Sad she felt the need to do what she did but I am not one  to judge her. 

I won't judge her until she gets a Korean Nose. Pretty but could be so much more so for 20-30 thousand baht.

To bored to read all the comments lol...

If she was the victim of violent spousal abuse then surely the Court takes this into consideration.

Hence the decision they have made in releasing her, albeit on bail.

I think it is a good decision.

Those of you, who probably in jest, suggest she may flee the country...  I would be surprised if she does.  What resources does she have outside the country? 

I have taken time to read some of the news articles on this case.  We don't know the facts. Any comment is purely speculation.

Edited by drgoon
research...
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, z42 said:

Bail isn't an option for drug dealers or mushroom pickers.

Yes, it is.  Bail is an option for any offence if it applied for and if the bail conditions can be complied with.

14 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

A few other felons were told exactly the same thing.

Where are they now ? Not here.

Think of the money being saved for accommodation and the unlikeliness of reoffending while trying to avoid incarceration. Sounds pretty smart to me 

10 hours ago, jadee said:

Beyond crazy that someone given the death sentence should be granted bail. This must be unprecedented in legal history. 

It's happened several times and it happens because the Thai laws permit it.

No Flight risk, how funny! Think about it - you are sentenced to death and you are let out on 30k (US) bail.  Bail it will be, I would do whatever I could to bail out of this country and head somewhere, anywhere.  It is no wonder this place isn't taken seriously. They hypocrisy is gobsmacking!!!

2 hours ago, Satcommlee said:

She can walk into almost any civilised country she chooses and claim asylum based on having been convicted to death. No country in Europe would send her back thats for sure..

If that is true, maybe, but not without a passport she can't.  If it is true how come it doesn't happen?

Just now, gdgbb said:

If that is true, maybe, but not without a passport she can't.  If it is true how come it doesn't happen?

How much you figure she'd have to pay for a Thai Passport from someone that looks similar enough to fool the Thai immigration guys? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, djayz said:

I am speechless... 

Mai pen Rai.   She cannot leave the country.  It said so in the news report.  If she tries and gets caught she will.be fined as well as executed.  Oh but wait......  What if she doesn't get caught?  What would happen then? Oh! We never thought of that. ........

9 minutes ago, gdgbb said:

How?  Thai law allows it, that's how.

Thats "how" perhaps... but how bizarre.

i know this is Thailand, but just for a second, imagine every convict, who has an appeal pending, in which ever your home country is, being out on bail.

totally beyond the realm of understanding.... ok.... maybe.... once I can wrap my head around it, perhaps I will finally understand thainess