2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL

Ron19

2016 POSTER OF THE YEAR POLL - FINAL  

364 members have voted

1. 1. Choose and vote for one only. DO NOT CLICK ON " SHOW RESULTS " It will record you as voting but not record your vote.

• transam
    • Naam
    • villagefarang
    • GuestHouse

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, smokie36 said:

Ttansam 38

VF and Naam 25 each....others 20 odd.

Thanks. Oh, that's a commanding lead considering you can't change your vote and also that so many people have already RUINED their sacred right to vote for POTY by clicking on SHOW RESULTS.

Hmm. 

Any victory is CHEAPENED by all the wasted votes that have already happened, and will likely still happen even with the new strong warning on the poll. 

We didn't have that problem in previous years. You could delete your vote even if the vote was a null vote to view results, and vote again. Oh well! 

Perhaps the year of cheapened victories.

Just now, Jingthing said:

Any victory is CHEAPENED by all the wasted votes that have already happened, and will likely still happen even with the new strong warning on the poll. 

We didn't have that problem in previous years. You could delete your vote even if the vote was a null vote to view results, and vote again. Oh well! 

Perhaps the year of cheapened victories.

NOOOOOOOO, I really can sing, ask Weegee.......... b0202.gif

Time for a poem .....

The contest was tough

the mood was intense

some have committed

some sit on the fence

The winner will be

announced very soon

Then we can hear

Trans sing a tune

The rest are all trying

but try as they might

they'll never make it

such is their plight

And what is to come

after the shots

I think it will be 

a whole lot of dots

3 hours ago, transam said:

BREAKING NEWS...

As a cost saving measure this year there will be NO T-shirt for the winner....:sad:

BUT, as there has been such an interest in the dotty thingy the winner will receive TEN dots in the colour of their choice...This will show members year round who they are dealing with....

b0247.gif

1 minute ago, geronimo said:

Time for a poem .....

The contest was tough

the mood was intense

some have committed

some sit on the fence

The winner will be

announced very soon

Then we can hear

Trans sing a tune

The rest are all trying

but try as they might

they'll never make it

such is their plight

And what is to come

after the shots

I think it will be 

a whole lot of dots

This thread would have been pretty hard to view without your good humored  contributions. Thank you for that and I have petitioned the Dot Lord that you may receive your full complement of dots. 

Just now, lannarebirth said:

This thread would have been pretty hard to view without your good humored  contributions. Thank you for that and I have petitioned the Dot Lord that you may receive your full complement of dots. 

That would be marvellous!

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I wonder if there is a way for a list of members that wasted their votes by SHOW RESULTS to be generated, and for them to be allowed to VOTE MANUALLY on this thread. It could make the difference if the race is TIGHT at the end!

Only fair, yes?!? 

Methinks you only want to have the ability to change your vote to try and de-rail the current leader.

For myself, I think not being able to change your vote is the fairest way.

Brexit and Trump succeeded without people changing their votes and that is how it should be.

14 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I wonder if there is a way for a list of members that wasted their votes by SHOW RESULTS to be generated, and for them to be allowed to VOTE MANUALLY on this thread. It could make the difference if the race is TIGHT at the end!

Only fair, yes?!? 

Trans is panicking now

1 minute ago, transam said:

Of course you are right, but if I am wearing Welted Leather shoes the Cheshire really comes to the fore...:giggle:

Extra Mature cheddar then, something with a bit of bite.

Stilton being the Rolls Royce of cheese and Chehsire being more of a Toyota Yaris. Extra mature cheddar with some oomph like a BMW or even a Trans Am