Turkey links Russian envoy's killer to US-based cleric Gulen

webfact

8 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Anybody else notice the doublethink here? When this kind of violence happens in countries whose government a poster approves of, then it's labeled as terrorism and it must be addressed ruthlessly. But when it's a government a poster doesn't approve of, then it's the fault of the government in question, the government was asking for it. Odd how that works.

Odd how people making the same "distinctions" find it odd when others make it.

Terrorist attacks and government responsibility are not contradictory.

3 hours ago, Grubster said:

Yes that is the definition and does not apply to an assassination the way I see it.  Do you think this assassination has really terrorized anybody. Do you think Russia or Turkey are in a state of fear over this. Do you think the next door neighbor to this building is in fear over this. I don't.

I think it would be useful to apply a wider scope rather than a narrow definition of "terrorized". At least in part, such attacks aim to show that terrorists can reach everywhere and hence undermine the public's sense of security and government's image. Don't know about the next door neighbor, but security details and officials will no doubt be more on edge for a while.

9 minutes ago, Morch said:

I think it would be useful to apply a wider scope rather than a narrow definition of "terrorized". At least in part, such attacks aim to show that terrorists can reach everywhere and hence undermine the public's sense of security and government's image. Don't know about the next door neighbor, but security details and officials will no doubt be more on edge for a while.

Well normally a terror group will claim responsibility of their actions so that we know that, but yes I suppose any killing could be defined as a terror event. I give up on this as I know what I interpret terrorism to be and it doesn't really matter to me how others interpret it.

29 minutes ago, Grubster said:

Well normally a terror group will claim responsibility of their actions so that we know that, but yes I suppose any killing could be defined as a terror event. I give up on this as I know what I interpret terrorism to be and it doesn't really matter to me how others interpret it.

There was a report by a Russian news agency, citing another report appearing on Egyptian media that alleges Syrian organization taking responsibility for the assassination. Not saying this is in anyway a confirmation, the former being state controlled and the latter rather hostile to Turkey.

Media: Jaish al-Fatah claims responsibility for murder of Russian ambassador

http://tass.com/world/921186

Edited by Morch

5 minutes ago, Morch said:

There was a report by a Russian news agency, citing another report appearing on Egyptian media that alleges Syrian organization taking responsibility for the assassination. Not saying this is in anyway a confirmation, the former being state controlled and the latter rather hostile to Turkey.

Media: Jaish al-Fatah claims responsibility for murder of Russian ambassador

http://tass.com/world/921186

They usually get the word out to the world but who knows.

This is a transparent manipulation attempt by Erdogan.

This prick needs to be shown his place sooner better than later or he will kill more people.

He is on a power trip and showing signs of megalomania.

Edited by manarak