Non O Savannakhet

That's good to know mate. I'm going on 24th Jan hopefully have a good experience too. What docs they ask for ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Required documents.
1.Your passport.
2.A signed photocopy of the photo page of your passport.
3.A signed copy of both sides of your wife's ID card. Signed by your wife. Both sides on a single sheet of paper.
4.A signed copy of your wife's Tabian Ban. Signed by your wife.
5.A copy of your marriage certificate, both sides copied on a single sheet of paper.
DO NOT SIGN THAT.
6.2000b fee for a single entry Non O or 5000b fee for a multiple entry Non O.

• Like 2

Cheers mate really appreciate it. What's difference between a single and a multi entry? I would of thought the multi would be more expensive

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

The single entry Non O for 2000b allows for a 90 day stay, which can be extended for 60 days at your local immigration office for a total stay of 5 months.

The multiple entry Non O for 5000b allows unlimited entries for 1 year.

As my post stated the multiple entry Non O is more expensive than a single entry Non O.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Adam1976 said:

Hi is it possible to fly into Savannakhet from Bangkok? If not, what's the land crossing please and how far from Bangkok? (I much prefer flying). And I'm assuming one can still obtain a Lao visa on the border? Cheers.

I replied to your question in  your topic.

23 hours ago, ldiablo72 said:

Required documents.
1.Your passport.
2.A signed photocopy of the photo page of your passport.
3.A signed copy of both sides of your wife's ID card. Signed by your wife. Both sides on a single sheet of paper.
4.A signed copy of your wife's Tabian Ban. Signed by your wife.
5.A copy of your marriage certificate, both sides copied on a single sheet of paper.
DO NOT SIGN THAT.
6.2000b fee for a single entry Non O or 5000b fee for a multiple entry Non O.

If you go to Sav... on your own your wifes need to sign a copy of the marriage Certificate. The Copy of the Certificate should be the same as you got it, printed on both sides. 

49 minutes ago, houstoniron said:

If you go to Sav... on your own your wifes need to sign a copy of the marriage Certificate. The Copy of the Certificate should be the same as you got it, printed on both sides. 

original marriage certificate as well as the signed copy

16 minutes ago, Adam1976 said:

I have not had an answer as to the border crossing for Savannakhet and as to whether or not I can fly directly from Bangkok. Thank you.

From your topic.

You can fly to there from BKK on Lao airways but it is expensive and the one flight a day arrives to late to apply and the departure time is before the next day pickup time. It requires a 3 night stay.

The Thai side of the bridge is in Mukdahan.

You can get flights from Don Mueang that are a fly/ride service to Mukdahan. Nok Air has more choices since they offer the ride side from 3 different airports.

Take plenty of 20 / 100 Baht notes with you as the change you get will be in Kip 100 Baht = 22,000 Kip

Coffee 70 / 90 baht Large beer 50 Baht

I stayed at the Avalon 1,700 2 nights very clean pleasant young staff breakfast extra @ 90 Baht it is close to the bus station Avalon to embassy 200 Baht There is a hotel walking distance to embassy 450 per night you will have to google this for the name.

original marriage certificate as well as the signed copy

I supplied my original marriage certificate with the other forms I mentioned and they didn't take it, they immediately pulled it from the documents I supplied and handed it back to me, and I also did not sign the photocopy of the marriage certificate.
My wife came to Laos with me but she was nowhere near the inside of the consulate.
This was on December 21st.
So, I will have to disagree with your post.

I will have to disagree with your statement about your wife having to sign the copy of the marriage certificate. I followed another posters advise in a different thread on getting a Non O in Savannakhet and he even stated not to sign the photocopy. Although my wife did come to Lao with me she was nowhere near the inside of the consulate and therefore no one working there had any idea that I wasn't alone and she did not sign anything other than her I'd and Tabian Ban prior to me even getting to the consulate.

On 12/26/2016 at 0:56 PM, Adam1976 said:

Hi is it possible to fly into Savannakhet from Bangkok? If not, what's the land crossing please and how far from Bangkok? (I much prefer flying). And I'm assuming one can still obtain a Lao visa on the border? Cheers.

You can fly form Swampy to Sava...  i went to Sava ... to get my Non O visa based on marriage and wrote about it in detail, search for my posts. You can only get multiple entry visas at sav .. based on marriage, in Vientien.... they will only give you single entry visa based on marriage. if you have all the documents fly to sav .. from BKK.