Depraved! Uncle comes out of jail for raping his mother and promptly attacks his nephew, aged 5.

rooster59

I often wonder about all these "outraged" posts we get stampeeded with whenever a story like this appears.

What is their purpose?..Most normal people would feel helpless at these occurances but realize that some people are sicker than others and just hope it ceases, but realize all to well that it unfortunately most lightly will happen again and all they can do at the best of times is say a quite prayer. 

But this constant blatherings of "disgust" serve absolutely no usefullness whatsover.....just sound like.people who like to hear themselves talk....very immature people at that.

Edited by dotpoom

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, PatOngo said:

Curious to know how much time he did for raping his mother, obviously not enough!

It's very difficult to comprehend the mentality of such low life's.

Sadly people with mental health conditions don't have much chance in Thailand. Very few places that care for and treat these folks. This many should not have been roaming the streets, as many more are, but inside an institution. When I see headlines like 'depraved' I feel that there is something wrong about peoples' understanding of mental health problems. Some people have physical problems, can't walk or talk or cannot hear. In the same way people have problems with their mental functioning and quite often these are the people committing crimes against neighbours, strangers and humanity in general. So please, less of the 'depraved' headlines and more of a campaign to have people who present in this way treated in secure institutions.

7 hours ago, greenchair said:

I do agree and understand your sentiment.the man deserves some serious prison time.  However, case after case throughout history tells us that people like this have had horrendous lives, where society turned a blind eye to their miserable plight. Nobody is born like this. They are made like this. 

Psychopathy has a robust genetic component...environmental influences are usually obvious, but these kinds of people are cued to become killers and rapists...

1 hour ago, JustNo said:

So what you are telling me you opt for profit / financial gain over preventing human suffering? 

I'm not really "telling you" anything...... although I'm pointing out that the Thai government might be opting for the financially cheaper option.... like not really providing basic items, like decent amounts of food, internal security, Adequate medical treatments etc, to inmates

two or three weeks ago, they had a charity campaigne requesting woman to donate second hand underwear... the system doesn't even provide that.

so... providing shrinkage is not really happening.... not really an option.

a bullet is, and it's been proved to stop recidivism, which would have protected the boy, in this case.( preventing human suffering, as you put it... just to a different person.... to wit.. the five year old boy)

but as always, it's your choice to champion whatever cause you like, such as advocating human rights and releasing a mother raper, to go ahead and continue to harm others, or to protect others... using the options made available by the state... such as a bullet.

Obviously releasing the man was the wrong option.

31 minutes ago, farcanell said:

I'm not really "telling you" anything...... although I'm pointing out that the Thai government might be opting for the financially cheaper option.... like not really providing basic items, like decent amounts of food, internal security, Adequate medical treatments etc, to inmates

two or three weeks ago, they had a charity campaigne requesting woman to donate second hand underwear... the system doesn't even provide that.

a bullet is, and it's been proved to stop recidivism, which would have protected the boy, in this case.( preventing human suffering, as you put it... just to a different person.... to wit.. the five year old boy)

but as always, it's your choice to champion whatever cause you like, such as advocating human rights and releasing a mother raper, to go ahead and continue to harm others, or to protect others... using the options made available by the state... such as a bullet.

Yeah that is basically my point, Thailand ignores and does not fully understand mental illness in it's society. I personally would prefer to see a nation take care of the sick, physically and mentally, rather than kill them. That is a cold logic that is void of much compassion. But as you point out that costs money, maybe Thailand should sort their tax game out .. 

31 minutes ago, farcanell said:

Problem with this approach is that you begin to get into selecting humans on the basis of their value to other humans with power. You can't go around shooting people because they are mentally ill, can you? Perhaps you'd also advocate selection on the basis of colour, shape, size, disability, religion and wealth? But you are right that releasing him was the wrong option: there seems to be little alternative to that here in Thailand and elsewhere. Mental health services could also identify the narcissists and sociopaths that grab power in countries like .........(see p94)

Yeah that is basically my point, Thailand ignores and does not fully understand mental illness in it's society. I personally would prefer to see a nation take care of the sick, physically and mentally, rather than kill them. That is a cold logic that is void of much compassion. But as you point out that costs money, maybe Thailand should sort their tax game out .. 

The Kingdom has some tremendous wealth stored away, capital that has zero velocity, that is it is not in active circulation. The Kingdom can afford to tackle mental health, improve its education, and improve its infrastructure but those in control prefer the status quo.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

10 hours ago, z42 said:

Jesus christ when will the authorities here learn, some people need to be jailed for a long time to actually protect normal citizens from them. This horrendous individual obviously never served long enough in jail to either deter him from committing crime again, or from keeping those vulnerable relatives safe from him. Locking a drug mule or a person who posts questionable content on their own facebook page up for 50 years plus while locking a rapist up for not even half the time doesn't really resemble any type of justice that I know.

Appalling, next time throw the key away next time perhaps

They come out worse than they went in.While some rehabilitation is done in western jails,i doubt any is done here.This sounds like he should be in a mental asylum,raping your own mother.

7 hours ago, JustNo said:

Exactly! It is the states fault for not understanding that this person needs to be put away from society and treated indefinitely. You cant just slam someone away and expect them to come out aa change person, especially when they have mental issues and even more especially when you see the conditions of Thai prisons.

Have you seem inside a Thai prison? 

3 hours ago, Artisi said:

Have you seem inside a Thai prison? 

Yeah there was a documentary on Bang Kwang that was very in-depth, and I have even gone there myself at a later date after seeing in the documentary that you can go and visit 

Edited by JustNo

In my wildest nightmares , i could not imagine that anyone could rape their own mother ,if he is this depraved then i fear death is the only solution .

He spent his life waiting to get out and now just wants to get back in me thinks ??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17 hours ago, Johpa said:

Alas, some are born with genetic predispositions for irrational behavior, anti-social behavior, or are predisposed towards reacting to alcohol with uncontrolled rage. But yes, some are raised to be anti-social. It is not all one or the other but a continuum between nature (genetics) and nurture.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Alas, the older I get, I lean nature > nurture more and more.  

PET scans and other brain imaging technologies are showing definable differences in the brains of sociopaths (sorry--"antisocial personality disorder") and pedophiles, to name only two.

Sociopathy (sorry--"APD") has a strong genetic/heritable component, and that's been known for decades.

Of course, there is a complex interrelationship happening between environment and DNA...but sometimes, like Lady Gaga sang, I speculate that some folks were just "born that way."

Ironically, before reading this post, I watched a fascinating documentary on narcissism, which mused a bit about possible heritability factors.

Even more ironically, I'm watching "Gattica" (sci-fi/ thriller/cautionary tale about the implications of genetic engineering in search of human perfection) for the first time on television right now...

Maybe I'll cap off the evening with a re-watch of "Bad Seed!"

Edited by Simbaya

Paid his "fine" and was let out. Not uncommon, UNFORTUNATELY.  

And he will probably be released again, after paying money or voluntarily putting on the monks robes. Little or no deterrent sentencing involved unless you are an enemy of any incumbent Government.

21 hours ago, greenchair said:

I do agree and understand your sentiment.the man deserves some serious prison time.  However, case after case throughout history tells us that people like this have had horrendous lives, where society turned a blind eye to their miserable plight. Nobody is born like this. They are made like this. 

So are you saying he needs a hug and not punishment for rape and child abuse.

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 7:21 AM, greenchair said:

I believe anyone with a modicum of intelligence would agree with just about everything that has been said, the problem in Thailand is the prisons are overloaded and there appears to be no reasonable check made prior to any early release of these troubled people, the amnesty procedure needs to be completely reviewed and scrutinised for who if any, really does  qualify for any reduction in their sentence.

23 hours ago, i claudius said:

In my wildest nightmares , i could not imagine that anyone could rape their own mother ,if he is this depraved then i fear death is the only solution .

Not a real big fan of the death penalty, but in this case...BRING IT ON...!  Raping your own mother...? He should have been sent up for twenty five years, at least....!

This jerk  is one  of  the people on Earth who deserved the death penalty, when  he killed

his  mother,  and what  he  has done  to a 5 year old  child  just proves it.  For  those  who

oppose the death penalty if  this guy  was killed of  he  would not  have  harmed  the

child.  Try  your math  skills....

Geezer

On 12/24/2016 at 6:08 AM, leeneeds said:

Go directly to jail !

No rehabilitation ?

no regard for the community,

Life is still treated cheaply here,

I don't believe in the death penalty but in this case it's the only solution, the quicker the better.

Mental illness?I read he was drunk!

He probably knows he turns into an animal when he is drunk,what good does time served in jail for him if he does not 

try to better himself.

He sounds like a lost case to me but killing him means a lot more people need to die!

1 hour ago, jvs said:

Mental illness?I read he was drunk!

He probably knows he turns into an animal when he is drunk,what good does time served in jail for him if he does not 

try to better himself.

He sounds like a lost case to me but killing him means a lot more people need to die!

People with mental illnesses do not drink? How many of your friends have gotten drunk and ended up raping their mum or smashing up a 5 year old kid? Just because someone was drunk doesn't mean they are not seriously mentally ill. Often people with mental illnesses will turn to drugs and alcohol to self medicate actually, especially for less extreme mental illnesses such as diagnosed anxiety disorders 

9 hours ago, Thechook said:

So are you saying he needs a hug and not punishment for rape and child abuse.

I also think that he needs a good hug,

from a very angry bear that has just broken open a hornets nest and is suffering from their stings.