"No special threat - just taking care of the public" as police mount festive season watch

rooster59

"No special threat - just taking care of the public" as police mount festive season watch

aHR0cDovL3BlMi5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzQyOC8yMTQxNTU4Lzc1MjMzNy0wMS5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook

BANGKOK:-- Police in Bangkok are being mobilized to take care of public gatherings in the capital during the festive season.

National police chief Chakthip Chaijinda was at Asiatique on the Chao Praya river yesterday saying that a large contingent of police and soldiers will be involved in protecting the public.

He played down suggestions that the measure was as a result of information about a specific threat saying that it was just taking care of the public as normal.

However, the chief urged the public to be watchful and report any suspicious packages or people immediately to the authorities.

Source: http://news.sanook.com/2141558/

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-12-25

'However, the chief urged the public to be watchful and report any suspicious packages or people immediately to the authorities.'

I wonder how long it took before the authorities got a call about the suspicious gathering of people in brown uniforms at Asiatique.

No it's not normal - but it should be.

From the surrounds of my local police station I see them out in numbers once or twice a month extorting motorcyclists. Usually 10-15 of them. What they do for the rest of the time I've no idea. But they certainly are not pro-actively out protecting the public or preventing crime.