new remote for car

crickets

Many of the bigger lock shops can do this now. It's a complex/simple procedure to clone a remote. Mazda wanted Bt.7000. I had it done for Bt.3000. The two remotes are identical in form and function.

I'm now looking at a card from Bigkey on Thepprasit that does it. I didn't get mine done there though. My guy came in from Chonburi, no travel charge!

If you have no key at all that could be a problem, but I wouldn't be surprised if they know how to start with fresh keys..

Edited by bobbin

B3,000 per key seems to be the standard price  for copying keys for cars with engine management security at the small locksmiths found in shopping centres. I've just had some duplicate keys done upcountry.

They need the car to be nearby. They have a small copying machine that they drop the original key into and then the new key. They also have the new microchips. Some cars can have keys copied key to key. Others the locksmith needs to plug a computer into the car.

I think the OP is asking about a remote start option rather than another lock/unlock key fob? There are plenty systems on fleabay but keep in mind that some new cars, factory-fitted security or anti-theft systems won't work seamlessly with after-market add-on, remote start systems. In these instances, a totally new system that provides remote start while incorporating some of the basic security functions of the manufacturers system will cost upward on 12k baht.

If the OP's car already does have remote start and is looking for a new fob, it will still be expensive for reasons stated earlier, ie. programing etc..

Just go to any of the little stores you will find in or near shopping centres of Pantip.  The will change a battery for most cars for round 100 baht for a top qualiity one or less for a cheapy battery.  (go quality).  If you fgo to the dealer you will pay that in dollars.