Student beaten 99 times - mother said she was bribed with 50K to keep it quiet

webfact

"the director was "away" and the teacher concerned was "on holiday".

Hardly new - no one wants to accept responsibility here. Also known as the Sgt Schultz defense.

"....they would be talking to the teacher and have issued a summons."

Try issuing an immediate ARREST warrant! Stop with the talking for a change and do some positive action!

Jeez..................

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, steveyinasia said:

The teacher is not fit to be in charge of students, they need to be fired immediately.

this teacher was in charge of pupils, not STUDENTS (a STUDENT 18ys.+ would have beaten the hell out of her...)

1 hour ago, 6thST said:

I think Mom needs 99 wacks with the stick.... Bitch!

I'm guessing you only read the headline?
You may want to actually read articles before you form ideas about them. Especially when in Thailand. The mom was not confessing guilt of keeping it quiet by accepting a bribe, as the headline may be interpreted by its ambiguous/poor wording. If you just read only the first line of the article you would have gotten enough to understand that... the mom said,

6 hours ago, webfact said:

that the teacher had tried to bribe her to hush it all up.

TRIED is the operative word.
If you read the second line it would have made it even more clear for you...

6 hours ago, webfact said:

But mother Bunseup Khanthong, 50 was not having that.

Take an extra 30 seconds of your day to actually read articles if you really want to make an attempt at being informed.... :/

2 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

I foresee a scenario where mothers will be telling their children to go to school and misbehave in the hopes of getting a wad of cash !

Disgusting insinuation.  Child abuse is epidemic in Thailand and we all have a moral duty to stop it, not make light of it.

1 hour ago, Dogmatix said:

At my school the sadistic head master loved to cane 7 and 8 year olds hard enough to draw blood, usually for trivial offences. Parents didn't complain because it was legal at the time and on the rare occasions they did the complaints were usually thrown out by the British courts. This boy was not beaten very hard by the woman teacher, as there are no scabs, only bruises. However, he got 99 strokes, vs the 3-6 we usually got, all over his body  and it has not been legal for teachers to beat students in the LOS for over 10 years. I hope this teacher is forced to dig deep into her pocket book to pay off the mother, the boy, the police, the ministry and all the other bloodsucking parasites that will now descend on her. But it is too much to hope she will be fired, banned from teaching for life and charged and convicted in a court of law, as she deserves. Since justice will not be done, it would serve her right, if she were attacked by a gang of motor cycle taxi drivers and held done for 99 strokes herself and given a new perspective on corporal punishment.

Perspective is sometimes a beautiful thing. By having the same punishment inflicted upon her body, she very well might learn something. Many times, the most cruel people, are also the most cowardly. My guess is that this is the case with this barbaric woman. 

53 minutes ago, IAMHERE said:

Don't know about sad specifically but sure was upset about something in her life to go into a rage with the 7 year old.

Not relevant, anywhere in the world parents have a right to expect that teachers, responsible for the education and the safety and emotional well-being of their pupils, can themselves keep balance. Adults who don't fit this description should never have been allowed to graduate.

Best example of all of this in Asia is Singapore, nowadays all folks are tested before entering teachers college (360 assessment, not self-assessment) for a match to a well researched behavioral and emotional model.

And transgression outside of the model during teacher training is noted and investigated and could easily mean dismissed from further teacher study. 

Nice to see they put the pants back on the boy. 

One picture had his pants down and it looked like the tattoo man had his digit in the boys bottom. 

So the new law says the media should not show youths faces. But apparently it's ok to show naked parts of children for all the sickos to peruse. 

Just find  the teacher  and the School  Principal  and give  them  both

99 lashes.  Then  charge  each  of them  100K baht  to give to the

mother and son  on CH 3  TV, news.  Show  all principals  and teachers  that

they are not  the special people  that  so many  still  regard  them to be.

Get  Thailand  into the 21  centery  for goodness sakes!

Geezer.          And  yes  I am  an  old fashioned  Red  Neck! 

Get  over  it.

3 hours ago, roo860 said:

It's on Channel 3 news now, what a bloody circus in the cop shop, cameras, cops, bystanders . Pulling up the kids shirt, as if he hasn't had enough trauma, should take a stick to some of these people!!!!!!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

Personally I would like to see the teacher stripped down to her waist and publicly flogged by the kids mother 99 times, an eye for an eye, and then accept 1,500,000 baht compensation for the child's trauma and private schooling till he finishes school and the teacher charged with assault and fired, never to teach again. That sounds fair, not over the top, fair and will send a clear message to ALL other ting tong teachers who think they are above any parent !

1 hour ago, IAMHERE said:

Don't know about sad specifically but sure was upset about something in her life to go into a rage with the 7 year old.

I think the minister responsible for the teachers should get involved and perhaps send out a clear message to ALL teachers, the lifting of a single hand without the written consent of both parents, would render instant ejection of the offending teaching for life and all or any benefits payable to the teacher forfeited to the parents of the child, not forgoing any court proceedings by the parents. 

It would appear that all teachers need to start going to compulsory workshops on this is what you don't do to kids and if you do, this is what happens ! 

2 minutes ago, toofarnorth said:

What sort of a teacher would go into a rage and then presumably count out 99 strokes then want the boy to keep quiet by a hefty bribe ? Oh and this beating on bare skin .

One would imagine the "hush money" originated with the teacher's family or the school. They would be familiar with this person's uncontrolled rage.

A newly qualified teacher, maybe 22 or 23 years old, would not have the damage control management skills to pay off the aggrieved parties.

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

"  This boy was not beaten very hard by the woman teacher, "   How can you say that! numerous scrapes and bruises is still horrific not to mention the long-term emotional / psychological impact on this little guy.

the emotional pstt is devastating and it will be with him for his ehole life...even throwing him into crime drugs and violance...pls show teachers name adress and face here so somebody can take care of her maybe running her over with a car 99 times...

Please do not name this to "teacher".

As an on-field teacher, I can imagine one , surely not painful hit, some students would deserve it, but 99 ? What kind of emotion is needed to hit someone 99 times? 

And the rest of the school, the other teachers. Just watching it ? No one could stop it ?  What kind of school it is?

I don't believe the child has been hit severely with a cane 99 times. Thai exaggeration for selling a newspaper and the Thai Television channels would go to the ' opening of an envelope ' to get a story!

The marks are not severe enough to show brutal force as is being said here. No, she should not have hit him if it is no longer allowed in schools but this 99 times stuff, Who was counting??

One minute TV readers are saying young Thai boys are spoilt to death by the parents and that is why they end up as drug addled, lazy Yaa Baa addicted scumbags that beat women and the next people are suggesting corporal punishment in any form is unacceptable.

Well, knowing Thais, who push their luck as far as possible at any situation that arises, it would not surprise me at all if the boys mother is seeking a higher payout unfortunately.

The nature of the beast.

Edited by Scouse123
add on

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

I think the minister responsible for the teachers should get involved and perhaps send out a clear message to ALL teachers, the lifting of a single hand without the written consent of both parents, would render instant ejection of the offending teaching for life and all or any benefits payable to the teacher forfeited to the parents of the child, not forgoing any court proceedings by the parents. 

It would appear that all teachers need to start going to compulsory workshops on this is what you don't do to kids and if you do, this is what happens ! 

OK, but I don't support your comment '...without the written consent of both parents...'. The law involved in this matter is absolute, who would want laws which can be 'adjusted' at will?

Can you really imagine a situation where:

a. The teacher actually asks permission from the parents to hit a student (7 years old) several  / many times. And what about respect for a clear, absolute and important law?

b. The parents make first contact and tell the teacher to punish the child with many hits of a big stick? And what about respect for a clear, absolute and important law?