NO, not a Retirement/Marriage-VISA, Extension of stay it is!!!

40 minutes ago, Evilbaz said:

But, But, But - we have 8 pages telling us an Extension is Not a Visa 55555!

Do you provide a copy of the last Visa you entered the country with?

But but, 

it's not often you are right, but, in this case you are wrong again.

2 hours ago, dentonian said:

No, I've never stated that.

The operative word to your question is 'held' and not 'holding' a Visa.

Personally I enter my Passport details, then in the 'kind of Visa' section I write 'extension based on retirement', because I no longer hold a valid Visa.

Personally, I dont get this... Kind of VISA??  I always write in the TM7 = NON IMMIGRANT "O"... and nothing more....

So what´s all the fuzz about guys...

Glegolo

2 hours ago, dentonian said:

No, I've never stated that.

The operative word to your question is 'held' and not 'holding' a Visa.

Personally I enter my Passport details, then in the 'kind of Visa' section I write 'extension based on retirement', because I no longer hold a valid Visa.

I never said you stated anything.

You decided to comment on my post without addressing the question, in other words, out of context.

9 minutes ago, glegolo said:

Personally, I dont get this... Kind of VISA??  I always write in the TM7 = NON IMMIGRANT "O"... and nothing more....

So what´s all the fuzz about guys...

Glegolo

So in your case the extension is related to a " NON IMMIGRANT "O"" kind of visa, in other words a visa extension.

29 minutes ago, sandyf said:

So in your case the extension is related to a " NON IMMIGRANT "O"" kind of visa, in other words a visa extension.

As others put it in a different way, if you could extend a visa then the same conditions for that visa would continue.

eg, 90 days on each entry. Once you go past the enter by date you can't get any more 90 day entries. 

If I could have extended my past 10 or so multi O visas I would not have been going out of Thailand to get a new one every year or 15 months.

That is because it is dead , gone and useless as a visa except to prove that any extension/permission to stay is based on it's passed legal standing.

17 hours ago, overherebc said:

As others put it in a different way, if you could extend a visa then the same conditions for that visa would continue.

eg, 90 days on each entry. Once you go past the enter by date you can't get any more 90 day entries. 

If I could have extended my past 10 or so multi O visas I would not have been going out of Thailand to get a new one every year or 15 months.

That is because it is dead , gone and useless as a visa except to prove that any extension/permission to stay is based on it's passed legal standing.

Maybe you can point out where I said it "was" a visa or don't you understand the term "related". It would be perfectly valid to use a condensed description of the relationship as a descriptive adjective.

2 minutes ago, dentonian said:

I'm sure you understand the topic and the difference between a Visa and an Extension.

When I was back home recently I went to get a driver's license as my then current one was expiring. I got a new license based on my old license. Was that a new license, a renewal or an extension do you think?

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Maybe you can point out where I said it "was" a visa or don't you understand the term "related". It would be perfectly valid to use a condensed description of the relationship as a descriptive adjective.

I think everyone knows you are trolling.

You lost the arguement/discussion on visas and extensions so now you want to win points on grammar.