NO, not a Retirement/Marriage-VISA, Extension of stay it is!!!

Visa and Extension of Stay are just names for "similar" but "different" ways of staying in Thailand and they are all to often used interchangeably like they are identical things (which they are not) which can cause confusion.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jumbo said:

I call it a stamp is that OK?:passifier: Or do you guys think I should use capital letters and say EXTENSION OF STAY

Full capitalisation would be shouting and i think the "bastions of correctness" would think you were being impolite and shouting:partytime2: on another strange note i did my 90 day report out of the area where my visa or to be correct EOS was issued  I fully expecting to be told to ......off   but not a blink of an eye from the same woman who told me i couldn't do it there  3 months earlier...

• Like 1

Finally some reactions.... maybe this will teach the most stubborn guys among us, to try to learn, even if we are old, there is still time to learn a bit, inbetween whatever you guys are doing...

A VISA is a VISA and an extenstion of stay is an Extension of stay..... How hard can it be to learn that?

Glegolo

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

The problem is that some people call everything a visa. People call a entry stamp a visa, a permit to stay a visa and etc.

And people will argue that they have a visa not an extension of stay even after being shown an extension stamp.

The only way of dealing with such people, I think, would be to inform them that the only way in which they could "renew their visas" would be for them to make quarterly trips to places like Vientiane or Penang in order to obtain fresh real genuine McCoy single-entry non-O visas! :smile:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, poohy said:

You are just being a bastion of correctness and being pedantic .......... even immigration call it a retirement visa, plus you are making a VERY big assumption that people read thai visa for this info.

i would hasten to add i know very few other foreigners who live here who do visit this site

any way bored of playing with you now:post-4641-1156693976:

So enjoy your quarterly trips to Vientiane or Penang to "renew your retirement visa" then! Most of the rest of us much prefer annual trips to our local immigration office for an extension of stay!!

And might you be one of those who thinks that an apple is an orange and vice versa, perchance?

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, glegolo said:

Yes it is like UbonJoe says, when not even the employees at the Immigration offices knows the correct terms. VISA when it is in fact an Extension of stay, so sure not easy for common man to know this stuff.

BUT, there are too many people that just dont get´s it.. They see poster, after poster, after poster, saying to them.. it is wrong.... it is like this..... But they just dont have the strength to learn.....

No personally, I do not understand these people.. new country, new language, and new surroundings, and do not have the..."What"?? To try to use this excellent forum to learn finally....

Lazy it is what it is.....I think.... Lazy......

Glegolo

I wouldn't get so concerned over it, as long as it's not affecting u then no worries.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sooo Upto Me said:

I wouldn't get so concerned over it, as long as it's not affecting u then no worries.

As was pointed out earlier, it is very annoying to those helpful guys in here who try to sort out peoples immigration issues. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, OJAS said:

So enjoy your quarterly trips to Vientiane or Penang to "renew your retirement visa" then! Most of the rest of us much prefer annual trips to our local immigration office for an extension of stay!!

And might you be one of those who thinks that an apple is an orange and vice versa, per chance?

Well said Sir!!

Glegolo

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, OJAS said:

And might you be one of those who thinks that an apple is an orange and vice versa, perchance?

You appear to have a fruit fixation!

if you can read (I know those big words can be a problem) i went and did my 90 day retirement VISA renewal this very morn 

ooops sorry did i say visa

Edited by poohy
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, poohy said:

You appear to have a fruit fixation!

if you can read (I know those big words can be a problem) i went and did my 90 day retirement VISA renewal this very morn 

ooops sorry did i say visa

Ooops, I think you slipped more than once there my friend.... your 90 retirement-VISA is probably a 90 day report, confirming your address, nothing else...

Or what??

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo
  • Like 2