Architect on big bike dies on bridge after failing to take corner

webfact

4 hours ago, ChrisY1 said:

He was most likely riding too fast....as they all do on these little "big bikes"...it's not rocket science!...Soi dogs are everywhere...oil and garbage is also everywhere

These people step off a Honda wave onto something with 50hp.......go figure!!

Yup. Basically he was riding too fast for the conditions.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, arithai12 said:

I bow to your experience, altough I cannot see the physics of a moving object travelling at 60km/h (slow speed as your argue), and continuing to travel upright for 200m when 30% of the total mass (150kg bike, 75kg rider) is removed sideways.

Unless the rider stood up and performed a somersault exit.

I am a physicist, my money is on speed.

Having ended up on my little pink bum on the road and sat up, I had time to see my bike still in a tank slapper carrying on regardless, or wasn't that a movie?, I had just about enough time to calculate the costs before it fell over and scraped along another few metres.

All started by a big cowpat on the road.

images (4).jpg

4 hours ago, BMW Overlander said:

You old disgusting bar stool heroes and keyboard warriors. Scum of the earth.

Why are you still allowed to be members of this site is beyond comprehension.

arrrghhh....ptoooi!

Can't agree more and considering the amount of friends I've lost thru big bike accidents, such a post also makes me very angry.

Manne drove his Triumph on a straight road when it rained "cats and dogs" and a woman "didn't see him", crashed into him and he almost lost his life. But he "only" lost his left leg.

We've met each other on rehabilitation when I had to go for surgeries to Europe and I felt so sorry for this guy whose life was completely destroyed by somebody who shouldn't drive a car. 

Nice to see guys like you writing the truth about sickos on this forum. 

Most similar accidents are caused by stupid car drivers who just don't get it. Sand or oil on the road, no light at a road construction side, a dog, people without light, or anything you can't forsee does the trick.

To be honest, I sometimes ask myself if these people really mean what they write. Then there's something wrong with their genes. And they shouldn't be allowed to reproduce. 

Live to Ride- Ride to Live.- :omfg:

26 minutes ago, overherebc said:

Having ended up on my little pink bum on the road and sat up, I had time to see my bike still in a tank slapper carrying on regardless, or wasn't that a movie?, I had just about enough time to calculate the costs before it fell over and scraped along another few metres.

images (4).jpg

Sorry, to hear about your misfortune. I hope your babe is fine soon and you continue to ride her. At least you can switch her off if you don't wanna hear her anymore.

That doesn't work with some out of order 2 legged bikes here. 

1 minute ago, lostinisaan said:

Sorry, to hear about your misfortune. I hope your babe is fine soon and you continue to ride her. At least you can switch her off if you don't wanna hear her anymore.

That doesn't work with some out of order 2 legged bikes here. 

Was a good few years ago and I know she's gone.

Did most of Europe on her, didn't really corner well but when you hit about 3500 rpm the turbo kicked in and it just changed character.

I know some will say BS  but google the spec's.

Full boost was 18.5 psi into a 645 cc V twin and she topped out at nearly 140 mph in 1983.

0 to 60mph was around 3 seconds and a bit. I could handle it then, well, except for the odd cowpat, but it would scare the willies out me now.

Anyway most of the post here that upset people are from others who feel a sense of adventure is trying to drink in more bars tonight than they did last night.

RIP to the guy

There but for the grace of god etc and I'm not religious.

3 hours ago, Bullie said:

Sorry, this does not suggest anything. If you hit something on a bike head-on at anything exceeding 20 miles per hours, it's quite likely your neck will break, or if that is not the case, tremendous trauma to the brain will ensue with, or without wearing a helmet. Looking at the damage to the light pole it seems that, if anything the helmet was still on.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I believe in UK, USA and EU etc it's not general practice to remove the helmet unless the injured is fully conscious and has no communication problems and there is a fully qualified paramedic or doctor on scene.

Edited by overherebc

1 hour ago, BMW Overlander said:

Keep satire for your hillbilly family, I am sure they find it funny. 6,000+ forum posts proves my point about lonely disgusting old man.

Wow, 50 post and now a TV resident expert  who considers personal insults as humour --  but going back a step or two, if you fail to see the satire between the stupid headline (suggest you read it and comprehend- if possible) and the comment re architect, you will just have to live with your complete lack of  understanding. 

4 hours ago, Paul9989 said:

I think his bike has around 80HP, which is a lot of power for the roads in Thailand. What I noticed from the one photo here on TV is that it appears his helmet came off in the crash. Maybe he didn't have the chin/neck strap fastened. If the helmet stayed on it seems possible he could have survived the crash with only a couple of broken bones. Statistically 90% of the people that die in motorcycle accidents are caused from the fact there was no helmet on the head when it hit the ground.

I guess it is possible the helmet was removed from the rider's body by the medics before that photo was taken. But the article does say he died from head trauma, and I can't see any major damage to the helmet, so that is why I suspect the helmet was not part of the impact to the head. Of course hard to be sure with just the one photo.

Why did it take 20 + posts to figure that?

7 hours ago, lostinisaan said:

I'd love a face o face chat with him if my brother would die because of a motorcycle accident....

Those idiots who don't know how dangerous it is to drive here should be very quiet. 

There can't possibly be anybody who does not know how dangerous the roads are in Thailand, unless of course they are deaf,dumb ,blind and stupid

This incident was SELF inflicted, and it would appear by nothing other than excess speed

200 meters is a long way

6 hours ago, Bullie said:

Well, I'm a serious biker - I've been riding bikes for 43 years now, currently being the proud owner of a BMW R-1100-GS, which has been in my possession since 1999. I ride it on a daily basis, and have survived 3 very serious accidents (none of my making, I might add) including one involving diesel on the road while I was taking a corner.

To be honest: looking back, I should be dead by now, because riding a motorbike is one of the most dangerous hobbies on earth.

Not a week goes by without experiencing an extremely dangerous situation on the bike.

So it really, really comes as no surprise to me that this man had a serious accident on a very, very fast bike. Easy to lose control over, even if you have many years of experience. Sand, oil, another driver, any distraction can be enough to cause this kind of accident - including a lack of expertise.

Whatever the cause, it is a terrible thing that happened to this young man, and I wish his family much strength.

You have the experience and point out the dangers in very detailed manner.  I crashed on a bike when 20. layed it down to stop from hitting a truck so I only hit the bumper with my chin.  Pretty much learned a valuable lesson that day and haven't had a road bike since.  Mountain bikes are dangerous and painful enough for me.  Street bikes are Just to risky for me. Just  so many external variables to worry about...  Basically like Russian roulette.  I don't think its fair to my loved ones and I can assure you the nurses in the ER are tired of trying to save bikers.  The nurses  actually don't like you guys who ride donorcycles.   Just think of the memories emergency road crews and ER nurses have to live with after cleaning up these types of accidents.  An argument can be made that bike riders should somehow compensate these workers for the tragedies they see.   Nurses see this as a waste of medical care.

I do understand the love of the speed and freedom and just you and the road.. and I also think about how many times I see people post that darwinism takes care of these things.    

RIP and hope he was well insured to take care of his loved ones

33 minutes ago, Elkski said:

You have the experience and point out the dangers in very detailed manner.  I crashed on a bike when 20. layed it down to stop from hitting a truck so I only hit the bumper with my chin.  Pretty much learned a valuable lesson that day and haven't had a road bike since.  Mountain bikes are dangerous and painful enough for me.  Street bikes are Just to risky for me. Just  so many external variables to worry about...  Basically like Russian roulette.  I don't think its fair to my loved ones and I can assure you the nurses in the ER are tired of trying to save bikers.  The nurses  actually don't like you guys who ride donorcycles.   Just think of the memories emergency road crews and ER nurses have to live with after cleaning up these types of accidents.  An argument can be made that bike riders should somehow compensate these workers for the tragedies they see.   Nurses see this as a waste of medical care.

I do understand the love of the speed and freedom and just you and the road.. and I also think about how many times I see people post that darwinism takes care of these things.    

RIP and hope he was well insured to take care of his loved ones

I agree with you but, the sense of freedom on a bike is a very difficult feeling to get 'out of your blood' .

I still want it but, as I have problems with stairs nowadays, although I have the urge forget a 120 bhp bike.

I have to consider myself lucky. In truth it was easier many years ago when there was a lot less traffic.

Edited by overherebc

Yes I sometimes dream about if the roads were closed to cars  and maybe the road designers thought about bike riders more...  EX: that corner turn post in this article picture.    I go see the big bike racers at Larry H miller speedway in Tooele sometimes and I think it is safer for them than anywhere in Thailand or most of the US roads.  Plus medics and helicopter standing by.     to think  a cow pie can take your life... I remember seeing a High schools buddy's father in law after he hit a deer at 65.   HE was a mess.  He had to have one of his children monitor him when he took baths for many months in case he passed out from the pain of trying to care for his road rash.  I jsut cringed each time I saw some cute Thai gal with open shoes and hardly any clothes and no helmet whizzing by on any size bike.

23 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Yes I sometimes dream about if the roads were closed to cars  and maybe the road designers thought about bike riders more...  EX: that corner turn post in this article picture.    I go see the big bike racers at Larry H miller speedway in Tooele sometimes and I think it is safer for them than anywhere in Thailand or most of the US roads.  Plus medics and helicopter standing by.     to think  a cow pie can take your life... I remember seeing a High schools buddy's father in law after he hit a deer at 65.   HE was a mess.  He had to have one of his children monitor him when he took baths for many months in case he passed out from the pain of trying to care for his road rash.  I jsut cringed each time I saw some cute Thai gal with open shoes and hardly any clothes and no helmet whizzing by on any size bike.

Yep, if you wear a helmet it can ruin your hair style, but if you don't you can get one of these !!!!!

images (26).jpg

6 hours ago, katana said:

In Thairath it's reported the police have interviewed Somkiat, the 26 year-old son. He had in the past been arrested along with 2 other men for growing and selling the banned drug krathom. Since the arrest, the men had fallen out and not spoken to each other since they believed Somkiat had provided information to the police which had led to their arrest.

quite sad...

Edited by Rhys
wrong post

11 hours ago, fruitman said:

Maybe the throttle of the bike was hanging? Or a soidog was on the road? Maybe there was oil on the tarmac?

Or maybe he was just another idiot speeding on a big bike. Maybe not.

We'll never know. It's not like the bridge has working CCTV cams or anything.

6 hours ago, overherebc said:

images (4).jpg

That   bloody fried  rice eh...was  it  moo or gai?

Turbo  was  crap although I  liked  the look of the xn85 and the Kawasaki GPz 750 Turbo was the fastest