Scott

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Scott said:

We are working a version of this for POTY, Naam, as well as a nice Tierra, but until it's done, you'll have to settle for this:

I think a crown and scepter more along these lines might be in order:

klingon head gear.jpg

Klingon scepter.jpg

Now who will be the first with the temerity to post some Bullshit?

Edited by lannarebirth

7 hours ago, chiang mai said:

Congratulations naam, you are indeed a worthy winner of the title.

I have to say I'm still confused and unsure about events that got us to this place, who why how etc, I had one picture in my mind which now seems to have been at least partially incorrect - never mind, a well deserved win.

Fortunately there are some on the forum with a clearer vision of events.

Seems MrCuypstraat was right all along eh?

Sadly, cheating distorted the entire contest, people vote for different reasons and sometimes it's in support of the apparent winner, sometimes it's to support the apparent underdog and amazingly, sometimes to support the person they think may actually be the best poster (although this may not be as a common as we think). I think therefore there is strong evidence to support not displaying the results until the contest has finished, some may liken that to an election but the opposite is akin to a horse race.  It's a question of which we want more, a truly valid result that has integrity or a fun spectator sport, it seems the cheaters don't allow us to have both.

2 minutes ago, StevenAlnwick78 said:

If so we have to ask why and how so, insider knowledge would be my first guess!

6 hours ago, chiang mai said:

Sadly, cheating distorted the entire contest, people vote for different reasons and sometimes it's in support of the apparent winner, sometimes it's to support the apparent underdog and amazingly, sometimes to support the person they think may actually be the best poster (although this may not be as a common as we think). I think therefore there is strong evidence to support not displaying the results until the contest has finished, some may liken that to an election but the opposite is akin to a horse race.  It's a question of which we want more, a truly valid result that has integrity or a fun spectator sport, it seems the cheaters don't allow us to have both.

Only one side was truly cheating chiang mai....perhaps they should be banned from the competition in the future.

Anyway that is for the mods to decide.

Just now, StevenAlnwick78 said:

Only one side was truly cheating chiang mai....perhaps they should be banned from the competition in the future.

Anyway that is for the mods to decide.

But the mods have said that votes were removed from both sides, how can it be that only one side was cheating?

4 minutes ago, StevenAlnwick78 said:

Cuypstraat admitted adding votes for Naam.

You saw no such admission from the other side.

Indeed they scoffed at the suggestion.

Who exactly is "they" that you have refered to twice? 

The "camp"?

Just now, StevenAlnwick78 said:

Cuypstraat admitted adding votes for Naam.

You saw no such admission from the other side.

Indeed they scoffed at the suggestion.

So both sides cheated but only one side admitted to doing so - and the side that admitted to cheating only did so because they "knew" the other side was cheating - what if they were wrong and the other side wasn't cheating and how could they know those things with absolute certainty. No my friend, insider knowledge appears to be the most likely reason, to me at least.

16 minutes ago, StevenAlnwick78 said:

Well  it looks to me as if 'others' votes were removed from both sides. Or was that too difficult for you to understand ..you are somewhat bias me thinks.

In fact why should a so called newbee like you  be getting involved anyway... and 'expressing' such strong opinions ...happy new year☺

48 minutes ago, sipi said:

So once all the cheating was ironed out there were only 17 votes between Transam and VillageFarang, and only another 6 to Naam.

VF did much better in reality.

Hope next years contest is more honest.

Pending a similar forensic audit of his votes of course

I will openly admit to scoffing about the idea of banned members or current members opening additional accounts just to vote in a silly forum.

But 39 is unimaginable. 

That is nearly a Thai minibus full of people.

thanks to those who voted for me and thanks to the "management" for their efforts.

to my 11 "supporters" i say "there's no honour in what you have done. even if you thought that the end justifies the means."

i congratulate my old friend TransAm for being second in the race and look forward to have an icecold beer with him when we meet next time.

Well done Naam, shame the whole affair has been tainted by as yet unknowns.

I have been in touch with admin to see where the dodgy votes came from and let us know if possible. My feeling is the crap has come from one area, am sure this may be possible to find out with their TVF tech.

I am waiting for flack, but perhaps not as it seems we all had the virus.

I read something very strange on another forum last night in  their shout box, read something like, TVF are announcing TVF POTY of the year tomorrow cos they are sorting out Trannies cheating....THAT to me was very strange..

4 minutes ago, Naam said:

i am sure Trans had nothing to do with any fake votes and neither have i!

Your words are very kind mate, just hope we can find out about our problem, I have started the ball rolling and someone will slip up and talk eventually...

3 minutes ago, transam said:

Your words are very kind mate, just hope we can find out about our problem, I have started the ball rolling and someone will slip up and talk eventually...

why bother? it's a waste of time.

11 minutes ago, Naam said:

thanks to those who voted for me and thanks to the "management" for their efforts.

to my 11 "supporters" i say "there's no honour in what you have done. even if you thought that the end justifies the means."

i congratulate my old friend TransAm for being second in the race and look forward to have an icecold beer with him when we meet next time.

Congrats Mr. Naam.  I voted for VF, but you're deserving nevertheless.  I also think it's a boost for diversity to finally have a Klingon winning this award.  majQa'!

6 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Only 160 of the huge membership of Thaivisa could actually be bother voting!

Over recent years, since the concept has been revived, the thing has gone from silly to nasty and treacherous. It has reached new lows this year.

With  the incredibly low turnout, the cheating, the egotistical hysteria of some posters, the abuse of animals, the desperation and disappointing change of personality in some members who were once admired,  and the plain tackiness of the whole thing, it may be a good time to discontinue the farce.  At the very least move it back to the Pub where most of the participants spend their time pissing in each others pockets.

Even any entertainment value, sometimes gained by those of us on the sidelines, was ruined by several idiots who just kept posting meaningless drivel every few minutes.

The music wasn't bad.

Huge membership? Maybe back in the day, but I wouldn't get carried away by the claimed 100k+ which likely includes dupes, banned members, niks that never log in, the RIP crowd etc etc. Reckon active membership is currently pretty low - there is rarely more than 300 logged in at any one time.

Agree that it has got really petty. Certain previous winners are particularly worrying with their interest in it all (they know who they are).

Dunno about Naam. I'm sure he's offered up some genuine advice over the years, but all that I'm richer and smarter than all of you persona is a tad cringeworthy. Maybe I'm missing the sarcasm. Well done anyway and unlucky to Transam.

7 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Only 160 of the huge membership of Thaivisa could actually be bother voting!

Over recent years, since the concept has been revived, the thing has gone from silly to nasty and treacherous. It has reached new lows this year.

With  the incredibly low turnout, the cheating, the egotistical hysteria of some posters, the abuse of animals, the desperation and disappointing change of personality in some members who were once admired,  and the plain tackiness of the whole thing, it may be a good time to discontinue the farce.  At the very least move it back to the Pub where most of the participants spend their time pissing in each others pockets.

Even any entertainment value, sometimes gained by those of us on the sidelines, was ruined by several idiots who just kept posting meaningless drivel every few minutes.

The music wasn't bad.

200_s.gif