POTY: And the Winner IS

Scott

After a review of the vote results, there have been a total of 39 illegal votes.   These include, but are not limited to, returned banned members and duplicate accounts.   These have been removed from the totals so, the results are:

Transam:   105 - 28 = 77

Naam:   94 - 11 = 83

So the winner is for Poster of the Year is:   Naam

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

37 minutes ago, sipi said:

39 illegal votes out of 199 is outrageous.

Good job Admin sorted that mess out.

Only 160 of the huge membership of Thaivisa could actually be bother voting!

Over recent years, since the concept has been revived, the thing has gone from silly to nasty and treacherous. It has reached new lows this year.

With  the incredibly low turnout, the cheating, the egotistical hysteria of some posters, the abuse of animals, the desperation and disappointing change of personality in some members who were once admired,  and the plain tackiness of the whole thing, it may be a good time to discontinue the farce.  At the very least move it back to the Pub where most of the participants spend their time pissing in each others pockets.

Even any entertainment value, sometimes gained by those of us on the sidelines, was ruined by several idiots who just kept posting meaningless drivel every few minutes.

The music wasn't bad.

55 minutes ago, Old Croc said:

Over recent years, since the concept has been revived, the thing has gone from silly to nasty and treacherous. It has reached new lows this year.

With  the incredibly low turnout, the cheating, the egotistical hysteria of some posters, the abuse of animals, the desperation and disappointing change of personality in some members who were once admired,  and the plain tackiness of the whole thing, it may be a good time to discontinue the farce.  At the very least move it back to the Pub where most of the participants spend their time pissing in each others pockets.

Even any entertainment value, sometimes gained by those of us on the sidelines, was ruined by several idiots who just kept posting meaningless drivel every few minutes.

The music wasn't bad.

Interestingly there were 46 pages of comments on another thread here re POTY yet there were only 160 eligible votes registered. Somehow I think not  many of us take this 'popularity' contest too seriously.

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

The music wasn't bad.

I take it that the person you voted for didn't win?   

Edited by Credo

11 minutes ago, Flanno said:

Interestingly there were 46 pages of comments on another thread here re POTY yet there were only 160 eligible votes registered. Somehow I think not  many of us take this 'popularity' contest too seriously.

I wouldn't call it a popularity contest. There are a lot of valuable contributors here at ThaiVisa, who share their knowledge in a great variety of areas. I think of the POTY contest as separating the wheat from the chaff. We always get there in the end.

17 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I wouldn't call it a popularity contest. There are a lot of valuable contributors here at ThaiVisa, who share their knowledge in a great variety of areas. I think of the POTY contest as separating the wheat from the chaff. We always get there in the end.

Yes I agree that posters like Naam do offer excellent advice here congratulations to him. My only gripe here is that lobbying was being done over on the Pattaya branch with a thread titled "Please consider supporting 'Pattayas own Naam' on POTY 2016'.

52 minutes ago, Flanno said:

Yes I agree that posters like Naam do offer excellent advice here congratulations to him. My only gripe here is that lobbying was being done over on the Pattaya branch with a thread titled "Please consider supporting 'Pattayas own Naam' on POTY 2016'.

There was no rule against campaigning and people control their own vote. 

3 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I nominate you for next year. You are one of my favorite posters. Geriatrickid is another. He did pretty well in the beginning of this year's vote. 

28 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

I nominate you for next year. You are one of my favorite posters. Geriatrickid is another. He did pretty well in the beginning of this year's vote. 

Kind of you to say so UG, but my substantive postings are fewer and fewer. Hell, I don't even reside in Thailand currently. I think that should be a prerequisite.  Anyhow, this is Naam's hour and I'm sure we all congratulate him on his much deserved recognition.

Congratulations Naam..I look forward to your next years posts ... especially those ' to the point ones'

Bad luck Trans ...next year....

If they gave extra points for every time you had been given a holiday ...you would have walked it ...☺

Congratulations naam, you are indeed a worthy winner of the title.

I have to say I'm still confused and unsure about events that got us to this place, who why how etc, I had one picture in my mind which now seems to have been at least partially incorrect - never mind, a well deserved win.