POTY: And the Winner IS

Scott

First, I want to let everyone know that none of those cheating were in anyway linked to any of the contestants.   There are a variety of methods used to check the results.  

Had there been a link, then the person would have been disqualified.   

I suspect that this had more to do with tampering and discrediting the results than it did to support one side or another.  

In short, the candidates and even some of their strong supporters have been cleared of wrongdoing.

We will now turn our attention to the Kremlin, Edward Snowdon, Julian Assange and Wikileaks.  

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interestingly there were 46 pages of comments on another thread here re POTY yet there were only 160 eligible votes registered. Somehow I think not  many of us take this 'popularity' contest too seriously.

The 160 was the combined total for only the first and second place getter. The full total was much higher and even that was skewed by other matters.

Sent from my iris 755 using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Scott said:

First, I want to let everyone know that none of those cheating were in anyway linked to any of the contestants.   There are a variety of methods used to check the results.  

Had there been a link, then the person would have been disqualified.   

I suspect that this had more to do with tampering and discrediting the results than it did to support one side or another.  

In short, the candidates and even some of their strong supporters have been cleared of wrongdoing.

We will now turn our attention to the Kremlin, Edward Snowdon, Julian Assange and Wikileaks.  

b0233.gif .................Thank you very much for that Scott, got a smile back on my face..

b0227.gif

7 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Only 160 of the huge membership of Thaivisa could actually be bother voting!

Over recent years, since the concept has been revived, the thing has gone from silly to nasty and treacherous. It has reached new lows this year.

With  the incredibly low turnout, the cheating, the egotistical hysteria of some posters, the abuse of animals, the desperation and disappointing change of personality in some members who were once admired,  and the plain tackiness of the whole thing, it may be a good time to discontinue the farce.  At the very least move it back to the Pub where most of the participants spend their time pissing in each others pockets.

Even any entertainment value, sometimes gained by those of us on the sidelines, was ruined by several idiots who just kept posting meaningless drivel every few minutes.

The music wasn't bad.

Agree with that all of Old Croc.

It would be interesting to see a poll run next year to decide if the POTY should be run again.

6 hours ago, Flanno said:

Interestingly there were 46 pages of comments on another thread here re POTY yet there were only 160 eligible votes registered. Somehow I think not  many of us take this 'popularity' contest too seriously.

At a guess, I'd say 3 or 4 posters were responsible for well over 50% of the comments.

17 minutes ago, daveAustin said:

but all that I'm richer and smarter than all of you persona

is made up only by envious persons. owning a few exotic and/or expensive cars or not living in a 28m² studio apartment and mentioning that in specific and dedicated threads is for some persons who are not as lucky obviously a crime.

perhaps i should in future put more emphasis on the fact that i also own a Honda Click scooter and omit the fact that the vehicle is used by our gardener. :coffee1:

2 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

If people don't want to participate in or read the thread, nobody is forcing them to do so. That having been said, criticism of those that do, no matter how thinly veiled, is out of order.

In my case a stalker & team................

Cos I now have two Silvers Mrs.Trans wants matching ear rings made up....

b0245.gif

5 minutes ago, transam said:

Cos I now have two Silvers Mrs.Trans wants matching ear rings made up....

careful Trans! you are running the risk being accused of bragging that you are richer than others. don't tell anybody there will be ½ carat, top wesselton blue-white stones dangling from her ears.

6 hours ago, Credo said:

I take it that the person you voted for didn't win?   

In the first round the candidate I voted for won clearly but wasn't carried forward to the final.

I believe the high count for "None of the Above", even allowing for it being in all 3 polls, was a fairly loud protest vote ignored by almost all.

So, despite the possibility that he might not even have been aware he was entered, I went for the poster I considered to have, over a lot of years,  consistently posted intelligent, valuable and forthright opinion.

When I lodged my vote Guesthouse's tally was only about 7 votes, he was way behind the others and never going to win the thing.

To Ron, sorry, my mistake.  Of course the tally was more than 160 when you take into account the other losing candidates. My only excuse was my brain fade was influenced by a poster above me.

Just a thought for next year to think about. POTY is a contest regarding what contestants have done over the year, a newbie may/will not know.

My suggestion is that members can only vote after being here for 6 months. This will stop a lot of crap we have just witnessed..

Just now, transam said:

Just a thought for next year to think about. POTY is a contest regarding what contestants have done over the year, a newbie may/will not know.

My suggestion is that members can only vote after being here for 6 months. This will stop a lot of crap we have just witnessed..

I propose to wait until early January and then launch a thread to determine the rules for next year, if we can do that whilst the subject is still fresh in everyone's mind we can pick up ideas such as yours and build them into the rules?

2 minutes ago, transam said:

That's an interesting idea.

Should it be limited to time and or posts though?

Someone might've been a member for 5 months and have several hundred posts.

I would like to see a nomination period of 3 days and a voting period of maybe 4.

Have it all done and dusted in a week.

19 minutes ago, chiang mai said:

If people don't want to participate in or read the thread, nobody is forcing them to do so. That having been said, criticism of those that do, no matter how thinly veiled, is out of order.

So cm (The Dot Lord),  the next time I see you criticising a post or poster I should call "out of order" ?

Perhaps it should be a forum wide rule?

2 minutes ago, sipi said:

That little trolling effort backfired like a poorly tuned Pontiac. 

How true, in fact we now know that them trying to make folk look like crooks has totally backfired. I wonder what the other forum, where I was slagged off with deformation stuff, are thinking now. Oh, there deformation stuff was dealt with and deleted....Hoorah.... b0238.gif

Just now, Old Croc said:

So cm (The Dot Lord),  the next time I see you criticising a post or poster I should call "out of order" ?

Perhaps it should be a forum wide rule?

Next time you see me criticise a poster fro reading or participating in a particular thread you should jump up and down and shout "out of order loudly", it'll never happen though.

17 minutes ago, transam said:

The idea was floated by some mods, but we couldn't change the rules in the middle of the voting.   There are technical problems to also overcome, which will have to be checked.

I think a lot of people who want to take aim at the candidates are looking in the wrong direction.   There are people, many of them previously banned members, who periodically engage in activities to discredit the forum.  

We are always open to suggestions.  

21 minutes ago, Naam said:

careful Trans! you are running the risk being accused of bragging that you are richer than others. don't tell anybody there will be ½ carat, top wesselton blue-white stones dangling from her ears.

Noooo, my stalker will tell folk I borrowed the money off a TVF member but secretly sold land and is loaded....He has previously spouted similar crap to others. I was told, and verified...The creep...Folk actually believe him.... b0260.gif

16 minutes ago, Will27 said:

That's an interesting idea.

Should it be limited to time and or posts though?

Someone might've been a member for 5 months and have several hundred posts.

I would like to see a nomination period of 3 days and a voting period of maybe 4.

Have it all done and dusted in a week.

I think a major hurdle is in trying to increase participation, posting an announcement beforehand every week for four weeks as a reminder wouldn't go amiss.

I personally think one week to clear the whole thing would work against greater participation but that's just my view, I though the structure of two separate polls this year worked well, perhaps a tad too long but the design was good.

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Noooo, my stalker will tell folk I borrowed the money off a TVF member but secretly sold land and is loaded....He has previously spouted similar crap to others. I was told, and verified...The creep...Folk actually believe him.... b0260.gif

Rearrange: back, ducks off water.