Buying car, bkk or ubon

davoz45

4 hours ago, jonw8uk said:

if they found a mug that would buy it without looking into the registration,  then yes.

But they still hold the book, and the new buyer loses his car

The car will probably be shipped to a country outside Thailand or stripped for parts.

Foreigners getting credit? That's a new one. I have a Honda and Toyota in my name using my yellow book and cash, was told at both dealers that credit for foreigners was not possible .... have things changed?
In answer to the OP, Ubon is as good a place as any. The Toyota dealership in Warin near the Charoen Sri Market is very good. (Just make sure you mark the tires when rotating the wheels!!!!!)

I was offered credit at Ford Ubon ( in the old place) 5 years ago. With a WP or PR, it's available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As many retirees do, without obviously a wp or PR.

I am sorry, but I cannot believe this as a 'retiree' is merely a guest in this country and can ' pick up sticks' at any time and leave, hence the need for a WP or PR.

Can you provide a link from one of the 'many finance companies' and hopefully prove me wrong?

6 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

I am sorry, but I cannot believe this as a 'retiree' is merely a guest in this country and can ' pick up sticks' at any time and leave, hence the need for a WP or PR.

Can you provide a link from one of the 'many finance companies' and hopefully prove me wrong?

You are aware that a WP in no way shape or form stops someone from leaving the country? Jeez, how many 1 year tourist teachers have one?

Unfortunately I can't give you a link to a specific case, you know banks are funny about privacy, and sure as hell I ain't gonna scouring all the terms and conditions because you can not accept anything else other than your own "facts".

You are aware that a WP in no way shape or form stops someone from leaving the country? Jeez, how many 1 year tourist teachers have one?

Unfortunately I can't give you a link to a specific case, you know banks are funny about privacy, and sure as hell I ain't gonna scouring all the terms and conditions because you can not accept anything else other than your own "facts".

Quite understand. I only worked for an international bank for 26 years.
Maybe (hopefully) one of the retirees is a member here and will confirm they got finance.
Happy New Year.

As a general rule finance companies do not offer finance to foreigners to buy cars or bikes.

There are, however, some dealers that will offer finance directly with them.

I know of a retiree that did just that with a Toyota dealer. A deposit of 50% or more was required.

• 2 weeks later...

I have many friends who have registered vehicles to themselves on tourst visa's, when I went to immigration I even ticked the box on the form as requiring the certificate of residence to buy a car/motorbike so it appears to me it would appear it is totally legal :)

Am I missing something here ?

I went to Chaeng Wattana and was told to go to embassy for certificate of residence

Even with non O visa

On 03/01/2017 at 2:22 AM, ubonjoe said:

Chaeng Wattana will not issue one unless your are doing 90 day reports to them.

If not your only choice if living in Bangkok is to get one from your embassy.

4 hours ago, Apiwan2 said:

I went to Chaeng Wattana and was told to go to embassy for certificate of residence

I don't live in BKK, so I went to my local immigration and got my certificate of residents (without any issues, filled the form in stating I was getting it to purchase a vehicle)

ubonjoe who is far more knowledgeable on anything to do with immigration than me has already replied regarding Chaeng Wattana, I suggest you follow his advise or move temporarily to Chonburi and get everything you need done at Jomtein immigration where it is no issue to get a certificate of residents.

good luck