Taxis - Long Queues

Yesterday I went to the airport to have a few beers with a friend as he passed through from Vietnam on his way to NZ. First problem of course was finding a bar land-side, so we ended up drinking cans in some poxy food outlet.

About 6.00 pm I tried catching a taxi from the Arrivals level where I was confronted with the sight of extremely long queues (30-40 trolley long?) at each of the public taxi desks (I walked the full length of the ccncourse). The bizarre thing was that there were loads of taxis waiting 2 and even 3 deep to receive the passenegers, but due to the slow loading process, people were having to wait maybe 20 or 30 mins in the heat to get a taxi, while taxi drivers were having to wait maybe 20 or 30 mins in their cool aircon taxis to get a passenger.

I tried flagging some of the "not blocked-in" taxis but they all refused, so I assume this is strictly regulated at this level.

Going up to the Departures level I just walked up to a taxi unloading a passenger, got in and was whisked away from the New Airport madness in a matter of seconds.

When I arrived in Bangkok on 1 November we went down one level from the arrivals level and could have had a taxi straight away, but had to wait because we had 4 passengers and bags, so needed a wagon. I'm not sure if going down a level is a trade secret or something, there was nobody besides us waiting for a taxi and lots of taxis.

When I arrived in Bangkok on 1 November we went down one level from the arrivals level and could have had a taxi straight away, but had to wait because we had 4 passengers and bags, so needed a wagon. I'm not sure if going down a level is a trade secret or something, there was nobody besides us waiting for a taxi and lots of taxis.

Did you go downtown?

If yes how much did you pay?

Did you go downtown?

If yes how much did you pay?

Taxis are on level 1 Ground floor metered price list is here.

http://www.boxertravels.net/airport/transport.htm