Three family members dead after car hits bridge on way to hospital

webfact

13 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

So the engine/other parts is not in the cabin after that impact? Size of boy sounds like it could of been the difference? No mention of anyone flying through screen at that speed indicates to me they were wearing belts. But  no expert here.

You are doing much better than me if you can see the engine/other parts in the cabin.   Sure, the driver's door is hanging off, but the rescue damage near the handle would indicate that jaws of life were used to get that door open.

Nowhere in the article does it mention how fast the car was going.   Please elaborate on that speed  you refer to.   No experts here.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why is there so much speculation that the driver was not using her brain and speeding, when the facts of the accident are not known or reported.

There could be several scenarios contributing to the accident other than stupidity:
Heart attack or seizure of the driver.

Oncoming truck which forced her to swerve and the truck didn't stop.

Component failure 

The reality is we do not have the facts here, and unfortunately accident investigation in Thailand is in a fairy primitive state, so we probably will never know the real cause of the crash.

R.I.P to the victims.

1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

Who cares about the grammar?

Or missing full stops for that matter. 

"But the boy they were taking to Pattalung hospital because he had a fever survived."

But the boy they were taking to Pattalung hospital because he had a fever, survived.

1 hour ago, captspectre said:

these current auto's made in thailand appear to be made of plastic! (including mine) any kind of accident will turn them into pretzels!

Well, could be true, but it should be a big bummm. 

R.I.P.

3 minutes ago, DekDaeng said:

"But the boy they were taking to Pattalung hospital because he had a fever survived."

But the boy they were taking to Pattalung hospital because he had a fever, survived.

I wasn't the one grammar policing the story. 

My comment about full stops was aimed at the poster who was grammar policing the article, yet failed to use full stops in their own post. 

30 minutes ago, Radar501 said:

You are doing much better than me if you can see the engine/other parts in the cabin.   Sure, the driver's door is hanging off, but the rescue damage near the handle would indicate that jaws of life were used to get that door open.

Nowhere in the article does it mention how fast the car was going.   Please elaborate on that speed  you refer to.   No experts here.

Just a guess actually. Fever ridden child + 2 concerned passengers (pressure). I doubt the driver was cruising along. Same with the impact theory. If something smashes into the engine wirh blunt force, surely it's going to end up by drivers/passengers lap. Saw something similar involving a fire engine and a car 20 years ago. Engine crushed the man's rib cage. He survived miraculously. 

Just now, DekDaeng said:

Thai logic says,if the boy didn't have a fever they wouldn't be rushing to hospital.

How totally ironic but tragic. Taking someone to hospital but die in the attempt yet original cause for the journey, person suspected of being ill (at least that's what is inferred by the article) survives. R.I.P. If there is such a thing as 'fate' it sure has nasty sense of 'humour' 

I feel I can state this as a long time member here................This incident is really one where the actual happening itself should be reported here as a NEWS item.     But to open it up as a "FORUM" item, leaves the whole matter open to the numerous posts, where most just want to give their own uninformed opinion where obviously most of the facts surrounding the accident are completely unknown and could not possibly be known.

There is even a chance where friends and/or relations of the deceased, could come across the many hurtful uninformed posts which could be extremely upsetting and cause extra pain and suffering.

2 hours ago, dundas said:

I can't help but wonder if a lack of proper safety equipment might have been a factor. I've noticed when I've driven rental cars in Thailand that low end mainstream cars (e.g., Honda Jazz) have no airbags. I don't want to be in a crash of any kind, but I feel a lot more vulnerable in a car without airbags. 

Quite possible that the car didn't have airbags, and probable the occupants were not wearing seat belts.

In fact one could say that the car companies are very very cynical in offering cars without airbags - given that the very same cars are made in the very same factories in Thailand and shipped to the world - with airbags - because they are required to fit airbags by laws in export markets.

The car manufacturers know full well that airbags (and other safety measures) save lives, but they know that in Thailand life is cheap.

And of course where is the Thai government in all this? Nowhere, absolutely nowhere. They also know that life is cheap, and they don't care!!

Some of the Posters on the rag should read a book called "Games people play", too many of you play off each other with unnecessary personal attacks.

This was plain and simple too much speed and probably no seat belts. The young boy was more than likely laying down in the backseat and was protected by the other passenger there with him.

RIP and God Bless all !!

Happy New Year to all !! Be civil !!

3 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Sad and RIP. Heart seeed to be in right place. Young child requiring emergency medical attention, tense time and dangerous driving spells a recipe for tragedy.

In many countries if a child - not a baby - has a fever then they are put to bed for a few days with some aspirin until the fever subsides. At least, that's what happened when I was a kid. In Thailand it appears that people rush off to a hospital for the slightest thing. Different culture and/or different times I guess..

Just now, Bangkok Barry said:

In many countries if a child - not a baby - has a fever then they are put to bed for a few days with some aspirin until the fever subsides. At least, that's what happened when I was a kid. In Thailand it appears that people rush off to a hospital for the slightest thing. Different culture and/or different times I guess..

In this country though Barry I would suspect the worst. Dengue fever stuff like that is no joke.

2 hours ago, roiethome said:

Why is there so much speculation that the driver was not using her brain and speeding, when the facts of the accident are not known or reported.

There could be several scenarios contributing to the accident other than stupidity:
Heart attack or seizure of the driver.

Oncoming truck which forced her to swerve and the truck didn't stop.

Component failure 

The reality is we do not have the facts here, and unfortunately accident investigation in Thailand is in a fairy primitive state, so we probably will never know the real cause of the crash.

R.I.P to the victims.

Completely agree.

Unfortunately there seem to be far too many people on here who pipe up with there theories with no facts, yes the car could have been going to fast with concerned relatives wanting to get the boy to hospital quicker but it could also be any of the things that you have mentioned and other things that haven't been mentioned we simply don't know all the facts.

I wish people would have some empathy and compassion for what is after all a tragic accident.

Rip to the victims.

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Who cares about the grammar?

Or missing full stops for that matter. 

Poor grammar confuses the intent and delivers an incorrect message.

Well, missing a full stop in this case resulted in multiple fatalities. 

I understood the intent of the  comment. 

We don't know what caused the accident, to sit here and call the driver stupid isstuoid in itself, you have no idea at all why the vehicle left the road maybe a blow out maybe forced off the road by another car, so many things including driver error.werethey wearing g seat belts? Would the belts have saved them?

As for cars being flimsy they are built in such a way that on impact the car crumples up absorbing the force of the impact. It looks to me recruit the corner of the bridge structure. Terrible terrible loss. Don't be so quick to condemn, untill you have all the facts.

21 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Get of his back for ..... sake you old woman. You've made your point.

No, I will make my point as often as I like, however I like. 

You don't get to tell me what to do.

Edited by Bluespunk

23 minutes ago, geriatrickid said:

Poor grammar confuses the intent and delivers an incorrect message.

Well, missing a full stop in this case resulted in multiple fatalities. 

I understood the intent of the  comment. 

Whose comment?

Mine or the grammar police poster who doesn't know how to use full stops? 

4 hours ago, AhFarangJa said:

it is a built in design called crumple zones to try to absorb as much impact as possible. 

R.I.P. to the Deceased, and good luck little one, 

yes  people  fail to see that if the car is crushed up its done its  job...........up to a point obviously

5 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Sad and RIP. Heart seeed to be in right place. Young child requiring emergency medical attention, tense time and dangerous driving spells a recipe for tragedy.

1669 in Thailand to have emergency service ambulance. Emergency driving  is not a good thing especially if it is a member of your family.