Chang Beer ABV

James Falang Lao

Hello all,

Have been away from Thailand for a little over year and noticed the Chang in 7-11s is no longer 6.4% ABV, but 5.2%?

I remember the Chang Export wasn't as strong as the Classic, have they made them into the one beer or am I missing something?

Didn't used to drink it all the time when we lived over here but sometimes fancied something with a bit of an extra kick.

Choke dee

James

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

There are numerous other drinks available with a higher alcohol content and a much cheaper price

Everyone to their own Chang much better taste IMO,  don't like cheers no matter how cheap is and beer out of cans it horrid, maybe there trying get rid of it. :laugh:

Edited by Kwasaki

1 minute ago, Kwasaki said:

Everyone to their own Chang much better taste IMO,  don't like cheers no matter how cheap is, maybe there trying get rid of it. :laugh:

What is the price difference ? A few Baht ?

The extra few Baht that Chang costs is probably to pay for the advertising of the product

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What is the price difference ? A few Baht ?

The extra few Baht that Chang costs is probably to pay for the advertising of the product

Chang 45 for 1/2 litre can but taste not same as large 620ml bottle @ 50 IMO.

Buy a box of 12 a bottle is just over 46 &1/2.

They don't win awards for people who don't know what a good beer lager is. :biggrin: 

Edited by Kwasaki

Well I used to be a beer Leo man, but after returning to Thailand after 16 months away, I think that Chang is a better beer.

Singha is a close second, maybe better even but Chang has value for money going for it.

Anyone seen the 1 litre cans of Kaiserdom in the 7-11's?

Might give them a go to today, quite enjoy a dark beer..

Choke dee

James

I remember my first chang on the restaurant bogey (train carriage) when you could get hammered and make a prat of yourself doing karaoke.

I had a few too many headaches whist on Chang so not had 1 for a very long time.

I heard a story about the Chang factory being so old that some bottles of Chang had much higher ABV than advertised as the production plant was in need of a major fix up. 

So I just took that as Gospel, no more chang and no more headaches.

On 31/12/2016 at 11:36 AM, Lite Beer said:

Leo reduced the size of their bottles and cans a few weeks ago.

Chang used to be a decent beer but now it is pretty much undrinkable.

Cheers Extra for me and when I can afford it Beer Laos.

Cheers Extra? You should change your moniker to 'Strong Beer'.

17 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I remember my first chang on the restaurant bogey (train carriage) when you could get hammered and make a prat of yourself doing karaoke.

I had a few too many headaches whist on Chang so not had 1 for a very long time.

I heard a story about the Chang factory being so old that some bottles of Chang had much higher ABV than advertised as the production plant was in need of a major fix up. 

So I just took that as Gospel, no more chang and no more headaches.

Getting hammered on the train. Those were the days - I have fond memories of a group Singha bender (but not the blistering hangover that Singha always caused) on the train to Butterworth many years ago. Before the puritanical government we have now put a stop to it all.

On 12/31/2016 at 1:26 AM, James Falang Lao said:

Anyone seen the 1 litre cans of Kaiserdom in the 7-11's?

Got one at Tesco. Though, it was the normal hefe weiss type (i.e. not dark.) Decent value seeing as similar products (like Paulaner, Franciskaner, etc) is sinfully dear around these parts. 

Choke dee

I used to drink Chang all the time but I also found that the quality control with regards to ABV was woefully bad, I've forgotten the amount of times I've ended up pissed on only 4 bottles, then the following day at another bar have 6 or more and have no problems.

I still like the occasional Chang but mainly drink Archa these days.

Always had Chang (strong type) when sitting outside in hot weather, as one ice cube didn't dilute too much.

Leo tastes like water, and Singha has a strange aftertaste.

The new (if it is new) Chang Classic is my new favorite (no ice since lower %).

Always had Chang (strong type) when sitting outside in hot weather, as one ice cube didn't dilute too much.
Leo tastes like water, and Singha has a strange aftertaste.

The new (if it is new) Chang Classic is my new favorite (no ice since lower %).

I've gone off Singha it's suddenly tasting like soap so I stick with Chang ..... before Hennessy [emoji851][emoji851]

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Treated myself to a Kaiserdon Dark and  few Beer Lao Darks the other night , very nice indeed.

Cheers Extra is better than I thought it would be, at least it has some malt flavour to it.

Leo tastes like fizzy water so I think Chang will be my go to drink now in LOS, and the odd Cheers Extra..

Choke dee

James