Alta House Apartments

Showtime

I've stayed there quite a few times and would definitely recommend the place. Very good value for money. Location is not the best..its about a 10 min walk to the Nana / Suk intersection, however there is a motorbike taxi stand nearby. The lady manager is very helpfull and speaks fairly good english. Very clean and spacious. I would suggest not getting the cheapest room because a) its on the top floor and there is only 1 lift (although never had to wait too long) :o although it has aircon when you first enter the room after you've been out for a while it gets very hot as it gets a lot of direct sunlight. I would suggest the midsize room on the lower levels. Very spacious and comfortable. The larger apartments even have two bedrooms and are very good value for money. Mid to large rooms have good living room area, tv and kitchen facilities. Hope that helps ..

I stayed there for 5 months abot 18 months ago. The apartments are OK - the longer you book the cheaper they get. Its not a hotel but its nice to have a little kitchen, hot water, cutlery etc if your staying more than a few days

Its a bit of a hike to Suk but there's the moto boys down the lane that will get you to the BTS quick. I used to walk to Suk for a bit of exercise and its not too far to cut across the tollway and across to Lumpini Park. Stumbling home down Nana was always 'interesting'.

The landlady was fine, spoke english. Nobody really bothers you and there were a few longer term residents there. the macaws of one of the neighbours used to make a fair bit of noise - big red and blue ones in a cage. Must have been mafia or important cos no-one shot, killed or ate them.