Renewing a 5 year licence with Non O

SagSim

My car licence will be expiring shortly would like to know how early i can renew my licence, and if my licence gets expired will i be able to renew it, also i have the yellow book do i still need the res certificate from immigration office in chiang rai to renew my licence.

Thanks for your help.

1. Can renew before expiry depends local DLT office.

2. Up to 1 year for renewal.

3. Yellow book no res cert needed at my DLT dunno about yours.

Go and ask or telephone them they won't eat you but best go after their lunchtime. :biggrin:

1) Some posters have written that you can go up to three months before expiry (I don't have a reference for that).

2) exactly and official rule

3) Yellow book should be accepted, but this is indeed "depending on mood". You have to try.

I was successful.

Do you know that it is not a bad idea to go shortly after the expiry (which is your birthday) ?

Next expiry will then be almost 6 years after application.

My license expires in September on my Birthday,so can anyone clarify
exactly when I may start the renewal process, and which documents are required;and do I need a medical certificate?
Thanks in advance .

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Renew the day after your birthday, you'll get 6 years minus one day.
Copies passport photo page, visa page, copies present DL, and yellow housebook or workpermit or certificate of residence required.
If renewing temporary license medical will be required, if renewing 5 year license sop is medical not required.

Sent from my ROBBY using Thaivisa Connect mobile app

15 hours ago, stevenl said:

Copies passport photo page, visa page, copies present DL, and yellow housebook or workpermit or certificate of residence required.
If renewing temporary license medical will be required, if renewing 5 year license sop is medical not required.

Plus you will probably have to sit and watch the hour long video..:sad:

Thanks for your clarity.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

7 minutes ago, stevenl said:

And eye test etc. But neither information was requested by the OP.

At my place I didn't have to do the eye test, but had to watch the vid, they told me everyone now has to watch it on renewal because the "new" government said so, because of bad road habits, words to that affect..

54 minutes ago, transam said:

At my place I didn't have to do the eye test, but had to watch the vid, they told me everyone now has to watch it on renewal because the "new" government said so, because of bad road habits, words to that affect..

Most peeps have to watch that bloody video thing. As you say new rules.

I started to watch I lasted less than 5 minutes got up and had a coffee outside, they didn't seem to mind.

They wouldn't issue the license till after the Vid had finished though.