Who is gay man in the mask and cap desperate to keep his identity quiet?

webfact

1 hour ago, NeilSA1 said:

Perhaps the wording    "Gay man"? More like "gay vermin".    should have read    "Gay man"? More like "vermin".              The word 'gay' could have been omitted. 

My point, exactly, thank you.

Which is why I won't bother to reply to the guys who claim I didn't understand his post and then proceed to attack me.

I know homophobia when I see it. A lot of posters on this Forum speak angrily  against 'politically correct', conveniently forgetting that, even though PC can be ridiculous and excessive, it is originally an attempt at respecting people's differences and not by bullying minorities just because they're minorities. It's an attempt at civilization. A lot of people regret the times when it was OK to make fun of gays, to call black people by the n word, to ridicule the handicapped, etc. Those people tend to be the same crowds who elect Trump, vote for Brexit and support fascist parties everywhere, and if they don't like my comments, fine. Actually I consider that an honor.

Also, I think that the title of this article is nothing short of baiting and calls for homophobic comments. Shame on TVF for using this kind of trick, just for the sake of getting more clicks and thus selling more ads. What do we care if the guy is gay ? If he was straight would the title say 'the straight guy' ? Obviously it would not.

Edited by Yann55

1 hour ago, NeilSA1 said:

Perhaps the wording    "Gay man"? More like "gay vermin".    should have read    "Gay man"? More like "vermin".              The word 'gay' could have been omitted. 

Then why refer to him as a gay man. Why not call him a man.

3 minutes ago, Yann55 said:

Which is why I won't bother to reply to the guys who claim I didn't understand his post and then proceed to attack me.

I know homophobia when I see it. A lot of posters on this Forum speak angrily  against 'politically correct', conveniently forgetting that, even though PC can be ridiculous and excessive, it is originally an attempt at respecting people's differences and not by bullying minorities just because they're minorities. It's an attempt at civilization. A lot of people regret the times when it was OK to make fun of gays, to call black people by the n word, to ridicule the handicapped, etc. Those people tend to be the same crowds who elect Trump, vote for Brexit and support fascist parties everywhere, and if they don't like me, fine. Actually I consider that an honor.

Also, I think that the title of this article is nothing short of baiting and calls for homophobic comments. Shame on TVF for using this kind of trick, just for the sake of getting more clicks and thus selling more ads. What do we care if the guy is gay ? If he was straight would the title say 'the straight guy' ? Obviously it would not.

Yes, straight man attacks his boyfriend after he is caught talking to another man.

Ah actually having read what I just typed I think one or two people might have worked out the man wasn't really straight. Those Trump and Brexit fans would have spotted it straight away.

14 hours ago, Pdaz said:

"Hell hath no fury like a woman spurned"

What woman? Did you accidentally post in the wrong thread, dude? :post-4641-1156693976:

On the question of the news headline saying it was a gay man, I would agree it would better to just say man and then when you read the story about two males in a relationship, you would see that angle anyway. But this is Thailand. They do that stuff here and it's their culture. 

Edited by Jingthing

39 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

What woman? Did you accidentally post in the wrong thread, dude? :post-4641-1156693976:

On the question of the news headline saying it was a gay man, I would agree it would better to just say man and then when you read the story about two males in a relationship, you would see that angle anyway. But this is Thailand. They do that stuff here and it's their culture. 

It's called ironic humour...I'm guessing you are American ?

13 minutes ago, Pdaz said:

I'm just normal

Of course you are, and apparently you think it's "normal" to paint all gay men as the same as women, also revealing an underlying misogyny (often a core root of homophobia).  

Others that have said the headline here is just bait for homophobic insinuations had a point. 

Edited by Jingthing

5 hours ago, Yann55 said:

I know homophobia when I see it. A lot of posters on this Forum speak angrily  against 'politically correct', conveniently forgetting that, even though PC can be ridiculous and excessive, it is originally an attempt at respecting people's differences and not by bullying minorities just because they're minorities. It's an attempt at civilization. A lot of people regret the times when it was OK to make fun of gays, to call black people by the n word, to ridicule the handicapped, etc. Those people tend to be the same crowds who elect Trump, vote for Brexit and support fascist parties everywhere, and if they don't like my comments, fine. Actually I consider that an honor.

The reason they don't mention 'straight' is cos statistically it's the norm so not that newsworthy/intersting/quirky. Same as they only usually mention if the person of interest had a distinguishing mark or green hair. The journo just thinks that the fella being gay is important to the narative.

18 hours ago, Yann55 said:

Time to grow up sonny. Using the weak and highly unfounded excuse that homophobes likely voted for Brexit and Trump actually shows your intolerance.

18 hours ago, Yann55 said:

Talk about bigotry.  

On 03/01/2017 at 10:15 AM, Yann55 said:

Well, we don't have to ask you if you're a vicious homophobic troll, because we already know the answer to that question.

Gays are not real men, huh ? You must be directly imported from the XIXth century.

Please please no tizzy fits! Vermin is the correct word for someone who solves their jealously problems with a KNIFE!!!!! Stop being so sensitive. :wai:

On 1/3/2017 at 5:54 PM, Yann55 said:

You have gone off on a frolic and not addressed the two posts that were specifically asking you to point out the homophobia in, I think, the first of your contributions here. You are now talking about something that might really best be described as intolerance of a more general nature that homophobia: of course, we agree with such sentiments: bigots and intolerance cannot be condoned.

However, it seems fair to conclude that your ow notion of homphobia needs to be refinced because until you address the questions asked you are being dumped in the class that says, they disagree with me therefore they are homophobic. That, squire, is NOT and nor will it ever be the definition of homophobia.

By the way, not bothering to reply to such questions, which is what you say you are doing, is not a get out of jail free card: it suggests you know you have made a mistake but cannot own up to it.

On 03/01/2017 at 9:23 AM, NeilSA1 said:

The word gay was never really required.