Crowded in Jomtien?

55Jay

Only crowded on Thai holidays. It's not the tourists, it's the Thai people on the beach and Beach Road. The little beer bars on the various Soi's are doing a remarkable custom as a lot of Scandinavian drunkards seem to have descended on the area for the winter. But they don't get to the beach often as no place to urinate other than I guess in the water. The bargirls tell me they also buy them lady drinks and don't ask them to "go" aka leave paying barfines and having unprotected sex. What a life eh mate? Anyhow, to answer you, don't expect it to be crowded as the holiday has come to a close. Cheers and God Bless You. 

1 hour ago, BruceMangosteen said:

Only crowded on Thai holidays. It's not the tourists, it's the Thai people on the beach and Beach Road. The little beer bars on the various Soi's are doing a remarkable custom as a lot of Scandinavian drunkards seem to have descended on the area for the winter. But they don't get to the beach often as no place to urinate other than I guess in the water. The bargirls tell me they also buy them lady drinks and don't ask them to "go" aka leave paying barfines and having unprotected sex. What a life eh mate? Anyhow, to answer you, don't expect it to be crowded as the holiday has come to a close. Cheers and God Bless You. 

Thanks, BM.  Glad to hear the shops are getting some business and at the same time, looking forward to it not being a zoo.  Cheers.

15 hours ago, BruceMangosteen said:

Nothing wrong with a Scandinavian boozer 5555

34 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Two days ago it was a total zoo.  Beach road at a stand still.

Yesterday better.

Thanks, hopefully everyone's back where they belong/at work today, so the drive down from the jungle shouldn't be too bad. 

It is well populated now, but not as stupidly crazy as New Years traffic standstill. Now, more back to normal, there are mainly Thais parked and sitting on their mats, all day and well into the night.  New signs that are posted warning of a 2000 baht fine for excessive noise has helped reduce the blaring techno music a lot. There are still lots of pushy loudmouthed Russians from the Night Market on down south, and a few Russian scouts seem to be sent to expand their territory up into the nicer northern zone as they scowl and elbow their way around. As BruceMangosteen mentioned, lots of harmless old Scandinavians around on Soi 7 and areas in the little bars Sois off the beach. The square sidewalk death traps have mostly been filled in with new trees and various palms planted along the promenade on the beach side.  The beach chair rentals are easily available 6 of 7 days a week, Wednesdays forced to be closed. The big garbage bins for the beach by the curb are overflowing by the time the trucks arrive at night, but at least the beach gets cleaned up nightly by a cleaning crew. Mornings are wonderful. There are still lots of hawkers selling food and trinkets, and police have been confiscating and fining motorcycle food carts clogging up the road. For the first time, I actually saw a policeman stop and issue a parking ticket. It was for someone improperly parked like an idiot 1.5m away from the curb partly into the lane. There are a few people fishing from the beach in the surf, and it seems to be most productive when the tide is coming in from low to high. Toss out a #5 weight into the surf to sit on the bottom, with a couple #5 hooks baited with a chunk of shrimp. The Rompho bars and market are busy again, but there still are lots of space and seats left. Many new ladies have arrived from out of town, and a lot of new faces are to be seen. Prices of everything has gone up noticeably in the last 2 weeks, food, booze, accommodation, and accompaniment.  The sun is hot. Pack your protection, and your sunscreen as well.

On January 3, 2017 at 3:41 AM, BruceMangosteen said:

Why is a god fearing guy like you talking to bargirls? Especially outside of your low rent neighbourhood.

On 01/05/2017 at 11:04 AM, pegman said:

Why is a god fearing guy like you talking to bargirls? Especially outside of your low rent neighbourhood.

Bargirls need "saving" and they might soften the story a bit to pious men. :-/

Sorry, my observation is that Jomtien is a very depressed/depressing place.  Especially on the beginning soi's off Beach road.

Cheap Charlies it seems big time smoking, drinking, never smiling seem to want to kill someone or themselves...

Even walking those soi's I get depressed.  Claustrophobic, dirty and depressing.

I hate the place generally, can think of nothing good about it except maybe those restaurants at the far end of the road.

But, maybe this is why the Russians love it because it reminds them of home.

Edited by bkk6060

1 hour ago, bkk6060 said:

Sorry, my observation is that Jomtien is a very depressed/depressing place.  Especially on the beginning soi's off Beach road.

Cheap Charlies it seems big time smoking, drinking, never smiling seem to want to kill someone or themselves...

Even walking those soi's I get depressed.  Claustrophobic, dirty and depressing.

I hate the place generally, can think of nothing good about it except maybe those restaurants at the far end of the road.

Think that's a bit unfair about the place.

But please feel free to leave on the next Baht bus

your custom is not required in Jomtiem. :jap:

17 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

It's inexpensive, an inexpensive beach front area. You would want to kill yourself and chain smoke as well if you had to survive in such a place, but it most likely is better than some cold damp room in Denmark or Russia. We need perspective and comparison to really get the point across. BTW, what restaurants do you think are actually good at the "far end of the road"? and BTW, I've never seen a skinny Russian. President Putin knows how to reach his people and it's but not letting them be or go hungry. This is true of most dictators. Keep them fed, they will follow. OO and God Bless You and all people and animals on earth. 

It's inexpensive, an inexpensive beach front area. You would want to kill yourself and chain smoke as well if you had to survive in such a place, but it most likely is better than some cold damp room in Denmark or Russia. We need perspective and comparison to really get the point across. BTW, what restaurants do you think are actually good at the "far end of the road"? and BTW, I've never seen a skinny Russian. President Putin knows how to reach his people and it's but not letting them be or go hungry. This is true of most dictators. Keep them fed, they will follow. OO and God Bless You and all people and animals on earth. 

I've never fancied Jomtien myself. The few people I knew that lived there were constantly in transit to Pattaya for the 'attractions' on offer there.

You need to get out more, plenty of thin and attractive Russian women riding the B buses and they love to chat.

I've never fancied Jomtien myself. The few people I knew that lived there were constantly in transit to Pattaya for the 'attractions' on offer there.

You need to get out more, plenty of thin and attractive Russian women riding the B buses and they love to chat.

Your right, I to transit when staying in jomtien. Pattaya is a complete zoo but wouldn't want to be in a zoo 24/7
Jomtian is perfect, nice and quite and it's only 10 mins from Pattaya

You are seeing the Russians who can afford to get away. The ones at home are the ones drinking anything that contains alcohol. Look at recent news reports.

Edited by champers

You are seeing the Russians who can afford to get away. The ones at home are the ones drinking anything that contains alcohol. Look at recent news reports.

Nonsense baht buses and beachfront are always full of Russians sucking on a chang

Both women and men. It's their culture. I'm east European and understand it.

31 minutes ago, zorro1 said:

Nonsense baht buses and beachfront are always full of Russians sucking on a chang

Both women and men. It's their culture. I'm east European and understand it.

You forgot to add,

with no shirt on and stinking the bus out.

or shops they go in.

You forgot to add,
with no shirt on and stinking the bus out.
or shops they go in.

There are a lot of them on koh larn the barbie dolls go topless there, bless them and every table has a beer on it from 10 am

1 hour ago, zorro1 said:

There are a lot of them on koh larn the barbie dolls go topless there, bless them and every table has a beer on it from 10 am

Ha ha

I was talking about the big fat guys  !!!!!!!!!!

The Barbie dolls are fine in Jomtien.   but most have two kids with them !!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha
I was talking about the big fat guys  !!!!!!!!!!

The Barbie dolls are fine in Jomtien.   but most have two kids with them !!!!!!!!!!!!

I know

The bigger the gut the prettier the barbie doll. I wish it worked like that everywhere. Eat pizza every day and have the girl of your dreams.. Only in Russia

I did 3 nights. Plowed through Rich Man Poor Man's offerings; really like that place, smoked meat is great. Rode a bike up and down every soi, never did find a place that struck my fancy. Now out at Maprachan, suits me just fine out here. 4 years in the jungle does weird shit to ur head. LOL. :lol:

Sent from my GT-I8150 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

3 minutes ago, onemorechang said:

What are you on about ?

Jomtiem has a Russian presence.

But it's not the majority of the people

holidaying or living there.

What's the beef ?

Not so much recently, but in previous years high seasons, the majority of holiday makers were indeed Russkies.